How much longer can Judi Pavon be allowed to coach????

USAFgolferVol

Women's golf has regressed since she has been coach. Just dismissed one of her best players for no apparent reason. This young lady was easily the classiest and most honest player on the team. If this young lady's parents send a letter to the AD with the documentation they have, Pavon will be gone within hours. I hope they choose that course

"Just dismissed one of her best players for no apparent reason. " Don't you mean for no announced reason. Did you consider that all involved might want to keep the reason for dismissal private.

Pavon is a long time coach of a very successful program. In addition to her contract renewal, she just received a prestigious coaches award Pavon to be Honored with Gladys Palmer Meritorious Service Award - University of Tennessee Athletics.

Ok, someone is not telling the truth.............hmmmm

Women's golf has regressed since she has been coach. Just dismissed one of her best players for no apparent reason. This young lady was easily the classiest and most honest player on the team. If this young lady's parents send a letter to the AD with the documentation they have, Pavon will be gone within hours. I hope they choose that course
Ok, so who did she dismiss and what is your theory as to why?

I’m assuming his daughter

My grandmother always said “Don’t EVER say what your child won’t do. They will make a fool out of you every time.”

Always hard feelings anytime a player is released from a team but I highly doubt it’s totally without cause. People forget these days that coach has the final say. Realistically she has no reason to explain herself and this cancel culture that tends to affect people in leadership roles is insane. If the OP is the athlete’s parent that’s evidence enough for me that athlete needed to be released from the team. Over zealous golf parents can be a nightmare for a coach, they tend to interfere with coaching and have a hard time letting go. If the parent won’t let the Coach, coach, then their child needs to go on home and continue being coached by mommy/daddy.

My grandmother always said “Don’t EVER say what your child won’t do. They will make a fool out of you every time.”

Always hard feelings anytime a player is released from a team but I highly doubt it’s totally without cause. People forget these days that coach has the final say. Realistically she has no reason to explain herself and this cancel culture that tends to affect people in leadership roles is insane. If the OP is the athlete’s parent that’s evidence enough for me that athlete needed to be released from the team. Over zealous golf parents can be a nightmare for a coach, they tend to interfere with coaching and have a hard time letting go. If the parent won’t let the Coach, coach, then their child needs to go on home and continue being coached by mommy/daddy.
You couldn't be more wrong in your assumptions

The more you deny it and continue to make personal attacks against the coach, the more we all assume she’s either your daughter, relative, or close family friend.

You’re taking it too personally for it not to be.
I know the young lady, but I wouldn't necessarily call her a close family friend. So, you're still wrong. The coach deserves personal attacks for her behavior and should be fired immediately. Like I posted, if this young lady's parents come forth with the documentation they have, the coach will be gone. A little taste of it: when the young lady was struggling in one class one semester but managed to pull out a B-, the coach suggested, out loud, she had slept with her professor

I know the young lady, but I wouldn't necessarily call her a close family friend. So, you're still wrong. The coach deserves personal attacks for her behavior and should be fired immediately. Like I posted, if this young lady's parents come forth with the documentation they have, the coach will be gone. A little taste of it: when the young lady was struggling in one class one semester but managed to pull out a B-, the coach suggested, out loud, she had slept with her professor

Perhaps your complaints and the related documentation you claim to have would prove more fruitful if you shared them with the Director of Athletics and/or the sport administrator for women's golf, rather than a message board where the majority of posters are just learning what the golf coach's name is.

I won't pretend to know anything about this situation, but I can say this: Any head coach at Tennessee that wants to dismiss a player has to have it approved by the sport administrator and the AD, and they're not in the business of letting coaches do that on a whim. They certainly don't allow it to happen "for no reason." The student-athlete also must have an in-person exit interview with the sport administrator and compliance before receiving transfer documents, so I would encourage her to bring this "documentation" to that meeting.

VN Store

Back