How much football experience do you have?

How much football experience do you have (pick highest level)

• Played Elementry/Little League Football

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Played Junior High/Middle School Football

Votes: 55 7.9%
  • Played JV High School Football

Votes: 31 4.4%
  • Played Varsity High School Football

Votes: 309 44.3%
  • Played Non Power 5 College Football

Votes: 101 14.5%
  • Played Power 5 College Football

Votes: 14 2.0%
  • Played Semi Pro Football

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • Played Professionally Outside of US

Votes: 3 0.4%
  • Played NFL Football

Votes: 33 4.7%
  • No Football Playing Experience

Votes: 111 15.9%

• Total voters
You should have made it where we could see who voted for what. I'm really interested to see what some people's actual playing time translates to how much they run their mouth.
What I'd like to see is their betting slips, how often did they win, how often did they take $$$ out of their pockets. Experts should be making money on the book, and those that listen to and adjust their bets according to actual experts should be making money. It is far easier to talk than to bet on your talk, but the book has room for all, come on in.
I'd like to see a poll that asks how many years did you coach an NCAA football team?

I was lucky enough to play in the backs instead of the forwards so I was able to keep my good looks intact. I’ve played with and been hit by many guys who resemble that last remark though.

I always wondered how these nations of tiny vegetable eaters produced cookie cutter rugby guys. Were the average person is 5'6 145 pounds at best still produce 6'4 275 pound block people. I grew up in mostly former British colonies and the locals were mad for sports. The best played 3 day cricket matches during the week and would jump on the rugby pitch at the same high level. I played 2 friendlies in college and realized that playing with folks that don't know the game was not for me. I took up fencing and did it through college and gave it up when the knees went.

Reactions: ftsandersvol
There is zero chance we have 21 ex-NFL players here.
The small Ga town I went to high school at after dad retired had a population of 5000 in the city limits but had 4 NFL guys in the league at the same time. 56 pro athletes since 1945. A hall of fame punter, a PGA Golfer, an NBA player, a handful of minor league baseball guys. Plus Blind Willie Mctell, etc.

I high school football practice would see 3-4 NFL guys coaching for fun. Ray Guys boy playing after I left didn't hurt. Chris Mohr's boys likely went to the private school.

Well if I told you that the Boys Club teams were sponsored by:

Magic Chef
Brown Stove
Hardwick Stove
and Whites Used Cars

Anyone know what town? (I played for Whites Used Cars LOL).
I played for a team sponsored by Dupont Dynamite in the middle of a civil war (changed to Dupont blackbirds next year) and the league winning teams picture hanging at the Soy Cowboy until the next winner.

What country was this?

I played for a team sponsored by Dupont Dynamite in the middle of a civil war (changed to Dupont blackbirds next year) and the league winning teams picture hanging at the Soy Cowboy until the next winner.

What country was this?

Cambodia or Thailand?

I played 2 friendlies in college and realized that playing with folks that don't know the game was not for me.

That is why on rugby Saturdays there are usually two matches (each match lasts 80 minutes). The first match pits the A-side (experienced) players against each other. The 2nd match pits the newer, inexperienced players against each other so they gain experience. I found out early in my career that if you didn't want to play two matches on any Saturday you had better recruit a new player to fill your spot in the 2nd match. Having said that, there were many Saturdays where I put in 160 minutes.

VN Store

Back