How many of you have dumped Amazon Prime or are planning to?

My subscription runs out a couple of days before Xmas and I plan on dumping them at the end of November because I've read people are having trouble cancelling the "service".

A small part of why I'm getting rid of it is because of Thursday night football: About half the time the picture quality is pretty low. Meanwhile, I could get the game for free in 1080p or 4k

Anyway, anyone else dumping or have you quit amazon prime?
Epic Hosting put on Fire stick is the only way too go.

Reactions: Drewbydoo
I order from Amazon all the time and use my Prime card wherever I shop. In my case the subscription price is well worth it. Hubby does almost no Christmas shopping and I tend to do it throughout the year so I take advantage of specials, savings and coupons. I have zero interest in going to multiple stores to find one certain item when I know I can just order it and have it delivered.

So what’s the deal with Amazon Prime? Nothing is delivered in 2 days. Everything shows as in stock but 6 day delivery.
2 new facilities around Knoxville and delivery got worse

So what’s the deal with Amazon Prime? Nothing is delivered in 2 days. Everything shows as in stock but 6 day delivery.

From what I understand, Amazon is having a hard time retaining employees. Maybe its the same in the warehouses too causing the delays.

I work for the post office and we deliver a lot Amazon because the local Amazon hub is overburdened and seems to have a high turnover

I'm old school. I dumped Amazon prime years ago. Why? Honestly, I'm not a fan of Jeff Bezos and his rag newspaper the Post. Most stuff I order is on ebay, and the prices are in line or better than Amazon.

Also, I shake my head at the need for "instant gratification" prime waves out there. Sort of breaks my heart to see mail trucks scrambling around on Sunday's delivering packages or even on Christmas day. I guess it's good for last minute shoppers, but dang, Christmas? Come on people.... do a little planning and get those orders in a week or more in advance. Of course you'll say "that guy is getting paid 'good money'" for delivering on Christmas.

Anyway, I'm old enough to know remember that when you ordered something off a cereal box or the back of a comic, it took weeks to come. Run to the mailbox each day to look for what I ordered (Where are those sea monkey's anyway). Maybe I'm contradicting my argument, but my point is, I didn't get a lot of instant gratification back then and really it cured me of ever really needing it.
1702217095690.png

1702217168538.png

Yeah, we got suckered back to Amazon when I wife got two free months of prime and then forgot to cancel. I never see/get 2 day shipping in Knoxville and rarely got it when advertised before which is why we cancelled originally (along with the prices just being competitive, not much better than everywhere else). We are cancelling right around Christmas so Amazon got their one month from us for the two months free.

I will renew one more time then not anymore. As of this coming September, my wife and myself will both be retiring and be on a fixed income. Got to cut those corners where you can. It's nice but not a necessity.

I'm old school. I dumped Amazon prime years ago. Why? Honestly, I'm not a fan of Jeff Bezos and his rag newspaper the Post. Most stuff I order is on ebay, and the prices are in line or better than Amazon.

Also, I shake my head at the need for "instant gratification" prime waves out there. Sort of breaks my heart to see mail trucks scrambling around on Sunday's delivering packages or even on Christmas day. I guess it's good for last minute shoppers, but dang, Christmas? Come on people.... do a little planning and get those orders in a week or more in advance. Of course you'll say "that guy is getting paid 'good money'" for delivering on Christmas.

Anyway, I'm old enough to know remember that when you ordered something off a cereal box or the back of a comic, it took weeks to come. Run to the mailbox each day to look for what I ordered (Where are those sea monkey's anyway). Maybe I'm contradicting my argument, but my point is, I didn't get a lot of instant gratification back then and really it cured me of ever really needing it.
View attachment 601220

View attachment 601221
I admit to ordering Sea Monkeys once. Don't recall that they actually did come to life.

Wahl took (Gallaher Veiw) is the”janky” Walmart
The Janky Wal-Mart on 3rd shift is about like the Waffle House.

I have found one worse though. I was meeting someone for work in Kingsport last week, and ended up at the Wal-Mart Neighborhood Matket....in Lynn Garden. That place was was a zoo.

I don't like the fact that the annual price goes up every year and they are adding commercials in. But it it convenient. We can get most things next day. And when we were closer to the Atlanta perimeter, we could get some things same day delivery. My sister works for the post office and they do Sunday deliveries for Amazon during Christmas, but it's volunteer based.

VN Store

Back