How many coaches have to be interviewed?

If my memory serves me well, during the Schiano fiasco no one was actually interviewed. John Currie was basically giving him the job.

Mullen was the only actual "interview" leading up to Schiano Sunday. One of the reasons we dragged feet with Mullen was to wait to actually interview Schiano after the Michigan-OSU game. Currie was flying to Columbus to actually meet Schiano in person when it broke. That's why they leaked out the Gruden news that morning - to give cover to get the Schiano hire done.

Well I’m going to be disappointed if UT doesn’t interview some potential candidates that are deaf, blind, or have IQ’s below 80. Maybe even throw in a few Russians or Chinese too. Surely the NCAA doesn’t want to exclude every possible nationality and socioeconomic candidate. After all, they couldn’t be any worse than what they’ve hired over the past 12 years.
I’m just telling you their guidelines and nothing more. Do I think the NCAA would sacrifice certain schools’ best interests for the sake of diversification? Sure I do. That’s a no brainer.

Mullen was the only actual "interview" leading up to Schiano Sunday. One of the reasons we dragged feet with Mullen was to wait to actually interview Schiano after the Michigan-OSU game. Currie was flying to Columbus to actually meet Schiano in person when it broke. That's why they leaked out the Gruden news that morning - to give cover to get the Schiano hire done.
Mullen was offered the job...waited for Florida.

Frankly, it's these top 4 guys for me.

-Freeze
-Kiffin
-Campbell
-Chadwell
I don't understand the love for Chadwell. He's had one good year. Fickell is my choice. I think he's lost 3 games in last 3 years. Pretty impressive.

Frankly, it's these top 4 guys for me.

-Freeze
-Kiffin
-Campbell
-Chadwell

I think I would be happy with the middle two. I'm not sure what the future would have held, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Kiffin "era". It sure was more interesting than the last few years of Fulmer. Kiffin would be high risk, but not as high as Freeze.

I had to google Chadwell. No thanks on him. I am over small college coaches, and assistants. I think it is time we went with proven products that know what it's all about.

Enough interviews to get a couple Flight Tracker threads going and reports of certain coaches eating at Calhouns.

We interviewed Mullen 3 days before the Egg Bowl, we went silent for over 48 hours, did not formally offer until after the Egg Bowl and he waited Florida out...
Pretty much what I said. We offered before them because they offered Kelly first and then Frost...so we offered first.

VN Store

Back