How many coaches have to be interviewed?

Southeastern VFL

With all this coaching change talk I was wondering if Pruitt was fired and Freeze did interview. Would more coaches have to be interviewed or could we just hire Freeze if he wanted the job?

The NCAA expects the you to have a list of candidates that matches the “labor pool” for the position you’re hiring for. The NCAA Best Practices handbook encourages universities to “take a chance” on female and minority applicants as well. I’m not saying any of that is good, bad, or otherwise, but you’re going to do your (read: the NCAA’s) due diligence when it comes to interviewing.

Reactions: Southeastern VFL
The NCAA expects the you to have a list of candidates that matches the “labor pool” for the position you’re hiring for. The NCAA Best Practices handbook encourages universities to “take a chance” on female and minority applicants as well. I’m not saying any of that is good, bad, or otherwise, but you’re going to do your (read: the NCAA’s) due diligence when it comes to

Request an interview with Mike Tomlin.

Is it possible for A.D or whoever does the interviewing to contact in someway before letting the previous coach go?

I think their first stop should be the KARM shelter to see if any of the local homeless people staying there have any coaching experience. They couldn't do any worse than the last run of hires, and when he gets bought out, the money will go to someone who really needs it.

The NCAA expects the you to have a list of candidates that matches the “labor pool” for the position you’re hiring for. The NCAA Best Practices handbook encourages universities to “take a chance” on female and minority applicants as well. I’m not saying any of that is good, bad, or otherwise, but you’re going to do your (read: the NCAA’s) due diligence when it comes to interviewing.
And then hire who the boosters pay for.

Reactions: Lane Train 4
Is it possible for A.D or whoever does the interviewing to contact in someway before letting the previous coach go?

I would guess contact would all go through a coach’s agent and through a university rep. Only when enough of an interest/understanding has been reached would a coach and an AD meet. That way, each side can walk away quietly. But UT has been a disaster in previous hires so who knows how they do things. My guess is that Fulmer drags his heels in sending out feelers.

I'm sure AD's everywhere are dying to hand 8 figures guaranteed and the key to their future to a guy who was last seen at big job paying players and calling hookers.
So what are your thoughts about Pruitt being a fraud?

Frankly, it's these top 4 guys for me.

-Freeze
-Kiffin
-Campbell
-Chadwell
When Chadwell comes Here and loses his first game people will complain because we hired a coach from Coastal Carolina.

I'm sure AD's everywhere are dying to hand 8 figures guaranteed and the key to their future to a guy who was last seen at big job paying players and calling hookers.

He wins football games

If my memory serves me well, during the Schiano fiasco no one was actually interviewed. John Currie was basically giving him the job.

Yes. Fulmer and Freeze share the same agent. You can gauge interest pretty quick that way.

As does Pruitt. See what happens if you gauge Freeze's interest in a job that is currently held by someone who has the same agent as the other two.

As does Pruitt. See what happens if you gauge Freeze's interest in a job that is currently held by someone who has the same agent as the other two.

There's ways of getting that info without Fulmer or Sexton being too direct.

Well I’m going to be disappointed if UT doesn’t interview some potential candidates that are deaf, blind, or have IQ’s below 80. Maybe even throw in a few Russians or Chinese too. Surely the NCAA doesn’t want to exclude every possible nationality and socioeconomic candidate. After all, they couldn’t be any worse than what they’ve hired over the past 12 years.

VN Store

Back