How long before VN goes loco??

How long before the fanbase pleads for Bailey??

• Total voters
Already started, people want an 18 year Old True Freshman, who will take a weekend off this coming May to go to his HS Prom, to play at championship level and read SEC defense's
As opposed to a 3rd year starting 5th year senior who has proven he can't play at championship levels and still can't read defenses? See Alabama game for one of many references.

Time to move on from JG....

I think a lot of folks were ready to bench him awhile back.

Now I’m cheering for him to succeed but I want team success more. If he’s the best we got fine but if not let’s put in a promising future star.

I assume that’s what the coaches are doing. It’d be pretty nuts if not.

Reactions: vols1221
VN has been loco since the day Freak started it, right?
I can literally remember the first game thread I saw which was Florida 2003. We won by 2 TDs and I was thinking "What's wrong with these people?" Lol

Becuase the 5th year college senior seems to read Division 1 defenses like a high school senior. In all honesty HB may read defenses better becuase he was a 4yr starter in a passing offense. JG was a runner when we recruited him. I live in GA. Trust me u dnt put up the numbers he did in GA 6A classification if u cant read defenses. This kid is in rare company in this state when it comes to throwing ( Lawerence, Watson, Fromm) i think he will be ok

GA 6A classification football isn't even in the same realm as SEC football. Bailey is talented and I hope he does come in and light it up, he would have to have a perfect spring and fall camp to unseat JG, could he do it, sure, but it is highly improbable.....

Reactions: irish1485
VN'ers are by default, hair-pulling insane. Matter of fact, we got a good number on already "chanting" for Bailey and he hasn't even taken a spring training snap.
That's because the QB that our coach insists on playing is horrible.

Next question?

That's because the QB that our coach insists on playing is horrible.

Next question?

If you look at and are able to read the post, I didn't ask a question. Perhaps you have another declarative sentence you wish to direct at me? If I were you, I'd get a time machine, go back and fire the third grade teacher. S/he obviously mistaught you. Here is my post again below. No interrogative sentence was used, you might be able to note.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
WoodsmanVol said:

VN'ers are by default, hair-pulling insane. Matter of fact, we got a good number on already "chanting" for Bailey and he hasn't even taken a spring training snap.

Last edited:
Simple Solution:

Bailey starts
JG Relief Pitcher
Maurer with a few plays per game that are heavy on the run/roll out.

I didn't want to participate but,I voted never because I would like to see someone lead this team from the get go,and remove any question about who the QB is.
JG-Hill-Mauer-Shrout-or even Holliday or Harrison Bailey.If it goes to a freshman it most likely means we will not win the east or the SEC.So I hope a senior will step up and lead.JMO

Harrison Bailey will be a true freshman, why do people think he will be able to read a Division One defense and perform at a high level over a 5th year senior and a couple of RS sophomores? Temper the expectations, let him develop some.

It's VOLNATION! Every QB that hasn't played is better than the one that is playing! I call it, Orange Logic! It's irrelevant, irresponsible, irreverent, and incoherent. Most of have 4 "i"s, and they're all blind!!

GA 6A classification football isn't even in the same realm as SEC football. Bailey is talented and I hope he does come in and light it up, he would have to have a perfect spring and fall camp to unseat JG, could he do it, sure, but it is highly improbable.....
No one said 6A GA football was SEC football. I said the talent level in GA 6A /super 7 classification football is amongst the highest in the entire country. That means the kids that come from those programs are far more prepared then your avg recruit. This is how a Wanya Morris can come in and make the freshman All SEC team. There are plenty players at UT or in the SEC that come from this area in the country and produce immediately in some capacity. CJP said that Bailey is the most prepared kid he has recruited. Ill take the coaches evaluation over any fan's opinion. I never said the kid would be the second coming of Peyton, but i do think he cant be much worse then what we have day 1. Especially when the other guys look like true freshman themselves

JG will be QB1 the entire season.

Chaney has revised the playbook to fit his skill set.

1st down - HB Dive

2nd down - HB off tackle

3rd down - QB sneak

4th down - Punt

If successful on 3 downs or less, repeat 1st thru 3rd down at random to mix it up and keep the defense guessing. ;)

I say after the Oklahoma game:D I think Tennessee will upset OU but a lot of Volnation posters will still say JG didn't play well enough to be starting quarterback:D:rolleyes:
Just for the record... If JG starts/beats OU in Norman and he is the reason why we win instead of the reason we get blown out. That would go a long way towards his perception around here.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019

VN Store

Back