How long before VN goes loco??

How long before the fanbase pleads for Bailey??

• Total voters
I think it started for some when HB made his first high school pass. No pressure on him though.

I think it started for some when HB made his first high school pass. No pressure on him though.

Whatever we do as fans, always remember that stirring up dissention among coaches, players, and fans is one of the most surefire ways of winning championships.
That or former players handing out hundo’s to present players, after games, seems to work pretty well too.
GBO!!

I say after the Oklahoma game:D I think Tennessee will upset OU but a lot of Volnation posters will still say JG didn't play well enough to be starting quarterback:D:rolleyes:

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Harrison Bailey will be a true freshman, why do people think he will be able to read a Division One defense and perform at a high level over a 5th year senior and a couple of RS sophomores? Temper the expectations, let him develop some.
If he can throw a timing route, hit a receiver in stride he is an upgrade

If he earns it... he earns it. UT has 6 QB's on the roster. I personally expect Holiday to move to another position early. He'll want to play and be too good to keep off the field.

That still leaves 4 guys... not just one... who SHOULD challenge JG for the starting job.

The forgotten man in all of this is Shrout. If he could improve his management of the O.... he has the arm to be really good behind UT's OL.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Never, at least until we see what he does in the off season workouts and how he progresses during the Spring and Fall practices. I think he is a special talent based on his HS play and physical and mental makeup. However, we must see him in action against SEC taent which he will get this Spring and Fall. In addition, it is not the fan's decision to make that call. That is why e have coaches and they are the ones who mae the calls. If they don't , then we need caoches who can make the corret decisions. I think we now the have that staff and I will defer to them.
I agree with your assessment. And at some point, the coaches have to develop someone, anyone who can play the QB position at this level. That's on them. They have seen what JG can do. Maurer was seemingly progressing nicely until his injuries. Hopefully coming out of spring ball they will have their finger on who can best lead this team.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
I say after the Oklahoma game:D I think Tennessee will upset OU but a lot of Volnation posters will still say JG didn't play well enough to be starting quarterback:D:rolleyes:

If Tennessee beats Oklahoma this entire state is going to lose their mind.

tenor.gif

Most people forget the O&W game is a controlled scrimmage and the coaches control the narrative. Remember how good QD was a few years back?
Yep. JG was great in last years O&W game. He threw 4 touchdowns. Literally his greatest collegiate game ever.

Are we still here? Talking about JG because he’s a good dude? He had weeks to prepare and did what he always does. He’s just not that good CONSISTENTLY.

Hard conversations are what I suggest and move Bailey in. We can’t waste this OLine. Not for a second.

Already started, people want an 18 year Old True Freshman, who will take a weekend off this coming May to go to his HS Prom, to play at championship level and read SEC defense's

Honest question - What is the difference in going 7-5/8-4 with a true freshmen QB (who comes highly rated as a recruit and would have 3 years here) vs going 7-5/8-4 with a 5th year QB who has hit his ceiling and rolling out a redshirt freshman QB in 2021 with no real playing time/experience.

Reactions: alaVOL and vols1221
I voted for after the first drive of the first game. I like JG and think he is a good person, but he just has not consistently shown an ability to have success against even the worst defenses. Then there’s the inability to hit the open receiver for the easy play for a big gain or touchdown. I’m not saying HB is the next great thing, but I do think he has more upside than any other qb on the roster and I hope he has lots of success at UT.

Reactions: vols1221
Its funny we always debate on who the QB will be for this season, me included. The probability is that we will need a combination of 2 or 3 QB's just to make it thru a season. This league is tough on QB's! JG-Mauer-Bailey looks good to me.

Harrison Bailey will be a true freshman, why do people think he will be able to read a Division One defense and perform at a high level over a 5th year senior and a couple of RS sophomores? Temper the expectations, let him develop some.
Becuase the 5th year college senior seems to read Division 1 defenses like a high school senior. In all honesty HB may read defenses better becuase he was a 4yr starter in a passing offense. JG was a runner when we recruited him. I live in GA. Trust me u dnt put up the numbers he did in GA 6A classification if u cant read defenses. This kid is in rare company in this state when it comes to throwing ( Lawerence, Watson, Fromm) i think he will be ok

VN Store

Back