How likely is it that UT is doing some Ole Miss?

Guarantano's dad played at Rutgers while Jones was a GA there, so there is a connection. And the other guys were pre-Jones, so water under the bridge.

Daniel Helm - Illinois but he is gone (the poster claimed never so ...)

Last edited:
The "Brent Schaeffer Days"?? Lol. All 12 of them? An eventual transfer after 1 season who threw 37 career passes and 2 tds during his single season? THATS what made you a UT fan? What grade were you in?

If everything you listed in your post makes up your "Vol Fan bona fides".....that sure as hell explains a lot. At least you were honest about it I guess.

I'm from Tennessee dummy. I became a fan because its the home state. Brent Schaeffer was just my favorite player from back in the day.

I'm not as old as you dudes. I was in grade school when we beat Florida in the swamp in 2001 after the game was rescheduled. That's probably my earliest Vols memory. Can't really consider myself a fan then cause I barely knew anything. As a kid you only have patchwork memories of stuff.

2004 was really the first season I'd consider myself a fan since that was when I started following the sport. Before that I'm just a kid who knows nothing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Most of our elite recruits have been Tennessee kids or legacies. And for guys like Tuttle or Preston, they were from the state next door (Georgia and North Carolina). The few guys on the team from way outside our recruiting footprint are under the radar 3 star recruits like John Kelly are legacies like Kahlil.

We've never had a Laquon Treadwell-esque WTF signing. A 5-star from across the country with no ties.

Yes we have......Bryce Brown 5* RB from KS. Remember how quickly he bolted when Kiffin and Co. decamped. The way that staff was headed TN was, IMHO, headed for big trouble with the NCAA.

Total fair weather fan. Can't believe he admitted to that either.

I don't like losers. Hence the reason I'm no longer a Titans fan. Loved em during the Eddie George/Steve McNair days. Still liked em with Chris Johnson/Vince Young. Could care less about them the last 5 years.

Everybody does it

I hope not. Freeze should be banned for life. Do the crime, be man enough to do the time. Talk about creating a culture of where lies and cheating are okay, it's not a big step to other things-those that have prison time as a result.

Last edited:
Yes we have......Bryce Brown 5* RB from KS. Remember how quickly he bolted when Kiffin and Co. decamped. The way that staff was headed TN was, IMHO, headed for big trouble with the NCAA.

Once again the poster mentioned Butch so I was only referring to the Butch Jones era.

The Bryce Brown deal would definitely be shady.

This whole thread is absolutely insane.

Some of you just have an agenda and you will use anything, even potential mis-steps at other schools, to support that agenda.

I don't like losers. Hence the reason I'm no longer a Titans fan. Loved em during the Eddie George/Steve McNair days. Still liked em with Chris Johnson/Vince Young. Could care less about them the last 5 years.

Absolute definition of a fair weather fan. So if Josh Dobbs has a bad year and the Vols take a step back are you gonna bail on him and the Vols?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Somebody delete this thread. This is an Ole Miss problem. stay away from the "everybody does it" mentality. Nothing good will come from it.

I have a close friends who's son played and coached in the SEC. He wanted to come to UT but wasn't offered. His dad once told me two different coaches in the SEC at that time (circa 2001) offered "extra benefits" but of course they turned it down. He said it still blows his mind that they were willing to "cheat" just to get his son to come to their school.

Reactions: 2 people

That's about as low as you can get.

Jump higher Vols.

I'm sure every school cheats in different ways. But Ole Miss has to cheat if they want to compete with the top of the SEC. Tennessee doesn't necessarily have to. I mean look at the 2 programs histories and the record between the 2 head to head. They shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as this thread does. Ole Miss is a crap program.

VN Store

Back