How have we not had better offensive production?

Vol865

We have had 2 seasons in the last 10 years with a 1000+ yd receiver (2010&2011) and 2 seasons with a 1000+ yd rusher (2013&2015). There been a couple of 900 yd seasons by WRs but then the next closest has like 400. There are a lot of teams that have that almost all the time. Not uncommon for some to have multiple 1000 yd receivers/rushers, yet we can barely manage 1. I know it's random but I just bewilders me how we've had 3 different coaches and none even remotely well-rounded enough to put together a team that can sustain itself.

TL;DR We've sucked for a while and I felt the need to add perspective lol

We have had 2 seasons in the last 10 years with a 1000+ yd receiver (2010&2011) and 2 seasons with a 1000+ yd rusher (2013&2015). There been a couple of 900 yd seasons by WRs but then the next closest has like 400. There are a lot of teams that have that almost all the time. Not uncommon for some to have multiple 1000 yd receivers/rushers, yet we can barely manage 1. I know it's random but I just bewilders me how we've had 3 different coaches and none even remotely well-rounded enough to put together a team that can sustain itself.

You felt the need to add perspective? We have had losing seasons 3 out of the last 4 years.

Reactions: 87&91ALUM

Come on man... defense wins championships, not offense. We're just ahead of the curve... but others will catch on soon. :p

Reactions: MadWorld

Now go look up our QB's production over that same time frame and you will have all your answers.

We have not had a good offense consistently since David Cutcliff left and that has been 13 years now. We have only produced one 3000+ yard passing season in the last 11 years. When the numbers are added up over the last decade when it comes to offense are just sad.

Partially but the QB doesn't run or block or catch. Not really my point though. Why has our QB/offensive production and development been so bad for 10+ yrs?

Not sure, but I've not seen a decent offensive line since Fulmer was still coaching.

Maybe the rag tag bunch Kiffin threw together...….

Got to have an offensive line that can block and a quarterback that can complete a pass past 10 yards. That happened when Tyler Bray was here and Josh Dobbs senior year

Reactions: buckfama
Maybe when coaches just throws an offense together in practice, and says here just do it, with nothing else there??

Partially but the QB doesn't run or block or catch. Not really my point though. Why has our QB/offensive production and development been so bad for 10+ yrs?

Yes, but the QB does have to throw a catchable pass and not change up the play or make a change to attack a defense that shifts.

So, yes the QB does effect both the run and catch.

I think Dobbs did well in spite of Butch. Could've been better with a good QB coach.

That 2016 season still haunts me. If Butch hires a Strength and Conditioning Coach and doesn't go w/an interim position.....what might have been. Injuries that year included Alvin Kamara, Jalen Reeves-Maybin, Khalil McKenzie, Kendal Vickers, Quarte Sapp, Cam Sutton, Darrin Kirkland, Jalen Hurd, Cortez McDowell, Malik Foreman, Dylan Wiesman, Jashon Robertson, Bret Kendrick, Jack Jones, Danny O'Brien, Alexis Johnson

On offense you Dobbs as a Senior QB, Malone and Jennings at WR, Croom and Wolf at TE and Hurd, Kamara, and Kelly at RB - 8 skill players that made it on an NFL roster but no consistent O-Line and holes at every level on the defense.

Started the year outscoring FL 35-7 in the second half to win the game and finished it by getting outscored 21-3 by MF'n Vanderbilt in the second half and losing by 11.

Last edited:
How many of those years did we go into Spring practice knowing who our quarterback was going to be (and not wincing)?

VN Store

Back