How have we not had better offensive production?

Yes, but the QB does have to throw a catchable pass and not change up the play or make a change to attack a defense that shifts.

So, yes the QB does effect both the run and catch.
I agree but it's hard to point to instances where they changed they play and it wasn't part of the gameplan

Sure did. What about all the other games we have lost over the past 4 years? All JGs fault?
He was the number one reason we have lost most of the games he has played in while at ut. He is hands down the worst multi game starter at qb in Tennessee history, and it is not even close.

Look at the cast of clowns coaching offense here. DeBord was probably the best one since Cut. Absolutely sad.

He was the number one reason we have lost most of the games he has played in while at ut. He is hands down the worst multi game starter at qb in Tennessee history, and it is not even close.

No he wasn’t the number one reason. He was a big part but not the #1 reason.

When Dobbs was here we put up some points and Dooley's offense did as well

Dooley had one good year with Bray but there was a something like a 5 game streak without an offensive TD in his second year. In fairness I think that was also a year we played a Top 5 team 5 out of 6 consecutive games.

Reactions: GrizzlyVol
No he wasn’t the number one reason. He was a big part but not the #1 reason.
I will ask again did you watch any games over his career? Play calling was handicapped because of his mental limitations. 2020 we had what should’ve been a very good if not great offensive line , that looked awful because opposing defenses stacked the box and sold out on the run knowing he couldn’t beat them through the air. He single handedly sucked the life out of the defense in the Georgia game, right after they had a great goal line stand to conserve the lead right before half time with his signature team killing turnovers. The defense never played at the level they had before the 2nd half of Georgia the rest of the season. Have to mention when he goes rouge and fumbles on the goal line against Alabama, and completely kills our chances in that game. I done mentioned the Kentucky debacle. Outside of the game at auburn where he threw back shoulder fades to Marquez, and the Mizzou game in 2019 he had awful stats every game. Sadly the awful stats don’t even give a true sense of how bad he really was. Look back through our run of coaches since Fulmer has left, when we get good qb play we are pretty good, when we don’t we are bad. The only real anomaly in this was kiffin’s year, because Crompton didn’t really come on until the second half of the season. Bray made Dooley look much better than Simms did. Dobbs made Butch’s offense look much better than Worley did. The sad part of the Pruitt era is that Guarantano is much worse than either Simms or Worley. I would be interested in finding out why Pruitt decided to go down with the ship with Guarantano at the Helm. Was it Pruitts own stubbornness, or was there pressure to play him for other reasons(kind of funny the minute news broke about the sanctions Guarantano was finally benched for good). I guess we can read about in ten years or so when they start spilling the details to the media.

We're Tennessee.

Once you start understanding this is the answer to all of your problems, life becomes simplier.

🙄

We have had 2 seasons in the last 10 years with a 1000+ yd receiver (2010&2011) and 2 seasons with a 1000+ yd rusher (2013&2015). There been a couple of 900 yd seasons by WRs but then the next closest has like 400. There are a lot of teams that have that almost all the time. Not uncommon for some to have multiple 1000 yd receivers/rushers, yet we can barely manage 1. I know it's random but I just bewilders me how we've had 3 different coaches and none even remotely well-rounded enough to put together a team that can sustain itself.

TL;DR We've sucked for a while and I felt the need to add perspective lol

It isn’t complicated.

3575BFEE-6FD4-4629-95C3-5BBEFEA0767D.jpeg

I know its not this simple But QB play has been bad JG being the most recent example . I have no clue how he started for 4 years or that no one could get on the field besides him and play well .

Without even looking:
QB play and/or scheme.

Pruitt had QB issues.
Jones had a scheme issue.
Dooley had a defense issue.
Kiffen had QB issues.
Fuller had the same QB issue as Kiffen.

Ok..... but the coaching was also the worst in UT history.

1*8fSZKNWIVom3JHOgEJSWfw.jpeg

VN Store

Back