How good does everyone think Tennessee will be

I think we win all the games we're supposed to win. I think we take Oklahoma and Florida as well. We will play Alabama and GA competitively but probably lose. If that happens, then I would call that a very major success but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up 8-4.

Here's a post that will probably shock some people.

I think it will be the best Tennessee team since 2006. The win-loss record may end up being around 8-4, but it's going to be a solid football team that's competitive throughout the year and doesn't make people wonder what the hell they're looking at.

I don't think they're ready to shock the world and I think the expectations some people have of the Tennessee defense are way, way off.

However, the days of ineptitude and football follies are over.
If we go 8-4 but look like a competitive team while doing it, I would be happy with that. That is improvement for sure.

10-2 regardless of QB.
Probably a little bit of all of them until Bailey or Maurer steps up and becomes the man.

One thing I've noticed about Bailey...he never gets to high or to low emotionally. That goes a long way in playing QB.
I honestly don't see Maurer getting playing time unless injuries make it happen. I think jg starts with bailey the backup. Next year bailey starts and Salter is the backup.

8-4 to 9-3 is most likely but I wouldn't be completely shocked to see 7-5.... I think regardless of the record, you'll notice a giant leap forward for our program in all facets of the game. I miss college football!
Agree all the way,,, till 7-5, don't see this nor expect it to happen. If it does, well bad things may be in the offing here and likely other places. Not fire'um but close.

I think we win all the games we're supposed to win. I think we take Oklahoma and Florida as well. We will play Alabama and GA competitively but probably lose. If that happens, then I would call that a very major success but I wouldn't be surprised if we end up 8-4.
I see things a little different. Holding my breath here, I think we may can get Bama if we are health,. I just think they are a little out of sorts right now. Do think Ga. has bigger problems than Bama. Believe we can get them. Fla., is my main concern. Like it or not they are WELL COACHED and as always talented. The are now and always have been a tough match up for us. Now, Ok. getting them early makes it a problem for the amount of inexperience I think we have at key spots on defense. Would have been better to have them later in year as I see it. But, "trial by fire" might be the best thing of the youngsters on defense. Could pay dividends for the rest of the early season.

Reactions: JacketVol
I don't know if it will ultimately show up in the win column but I think we will continue to close the gap against the elites of the conference.

Tennessee is in a weird spot with the QB’s. JG is probably a safer pick over Bailey since you know what you’re getting. I do think the ceiling is higher with Bailey, but the floor is probably lower. Running with Bailey sets up Tennessee nicely for next year since UGA and UF will be breaking in new QB’s while Bailey will have a full year of experience.
Georgia will be breaking in a new QB this year.

I say we have a realistic shot at 9-3. I think we're closer to Florida than they believe, still a notch below Georgia. A second place finish in the east wouldn't surprise me at all.

Missing Spring Practice and S&C changes, whoever gets out there and keeps themselves in playing shape, UT could have a special year.

Reactions: JacketVol

VN Store

Back