How good does everyone think Tennessee will be

Im not gonna lie, its might be a little tough to predict at this point... No spring practice, no team S&C, summer works are up in the air, and football players must have physical contact to prepare there bodies for the season in which they have not had since the bowl game.
Other teams will have the same problems. We are not the only team that is going through this.😣

I personally think Jalin Hyatt will have the biggest impact of any freshman in the conference. His ability to take the top off a defense should really transform our offense.
Haven't had his ability since... Donte Stallworth maybe?

Offense will be dangerous.
Defense dominant from time to time. Still need to generate passrush better i feel.

10-2

Reactions: tennvols77
Here's a post that will probably shock some people.

I think it will be the best Tennessee team since 2006. The win-loss record may end up being around 8-4, but it's going to be a solid football team that's competitive throughout the year and doesn't make people wonder what the hell they're looking at.

I don't think they're ready to shock the world and I think the expectations some people have of the Tennessee defense are way, way off.

However, the days of ineptitude and football follies are over.

I personally think Jalin Hyatt will have the biggest impact of any freshman in the conference. His ability to take the top off a defense should really transform our offense.

Defense dominant from time to time. Still need to generate passrush better i feel.

10-2
Conference yea him or Bryce Young... country prob Bijan Robinson. Offensively at least

Reactions: LittleVol

I think it will be the best Tennessee team since 2006. The win-loss record may end up being around 8-4, but it's going to be a solid football team that's competitive throughout the year and doesn't make people wonder what the hell they're looking at.

I don't think they're ready to shock the world and I think the expectations some people have of the Tennessee defense are way, way off.

I'm surprised you think the D is overhyped. I think it's being sold a bit short. DL as a group is top3 in the conference. Secondary may be the best in the conference, a young superstar at LB in Crouch and a potential All-American at LB in big Hank. I think the Vols may have All-SEC players at all 3 position levels on the defensive side. Henry T, Thompson, Taylor and Crouch make the defensive unit elite I believe, providing those 4 avoid injuries and stay on the field together.

10-2
Who is the quarterback and how does he perform

Reactions: Big Al Orange

We agree.

I feel the same way. Losses to Bama, UGA, UF and OU. We should win the rest.

The only game I could see us dropping besides those 4 is @South Carolina. We have 1 win, 5 L’s in Columbia since 2008. If we win that game, I think we have officially cemented ourselves as the clear 3rd best program in the East with another 5-3 conference record.

So the OL, WR, RB, TE and even the defense can play terrible but if we have great QB play that makes up for everything? So our defense can be 2012 level but as long as the QB plays great we will be fine?
Don't be so sensitive, he had a good point. This team will go as far as JG takes them and if we are going off history then we all know where that leads. He lost 2 playmakers at WR and a solid TE in DWA. There's a lot of unknowns but the biggest is our senior QB and that's a concern.

Who knows, but winning 9 or 10 games is not entirely out of the question, with a little luck......(or a lot of luck)
Go Vols

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
7-8 wins,hoping for more. Still climbing out of the hole but it's looking better overall.

Who is the quarterback and how does he perform

10-2 regardless of QB.
Probably a little bit of all of them until Bailey or Maurer steps up and becomes the man.

One thing I've noticed about Bailey...he never gets to high or to low emotionally. That goes a long way in playing QB.

Reactions: JacketVol
Tennessee is in a weird spot with the QB’s. JG is probably a safer pick over Bailey since you know what you’re getting. I do think the ceiling is higher with Bailey, but the floor is probably lower. Running with Bailey sets up Tennessee nicely for next year since UGA and UF will be breaking in new QB’s while Bailey will have a full year of experience.

VN Store

Back