How good does everyone think Tennessee will be

8-4 seems like a reasonable guess. I could see UT beating either Florida or Alabama but dropping a game to South Carolina or someone else against whom the Vols are favored, but 9-3 against that schedule would truly be something.

I find predictions are harder than ever.
In Pruitt's first year, we stink but upset Auburn.
And last year, drop BYU and Georgia State but play Bama close and win our last 6.

For me the predictive range could be 6-6 to 10-2. Comes down to 2 things:
1. CJP fielding a team which is prepared every single game (haven't seen that his first 2 seasons).
2. QB performance.

I'll go 8-4.

Im not gonna lie, its might be a little tough to predict at this point... No spring practice, no team S&C, summer works are up in the air, and football players must have physical contact to prepare there bodies for the season in which they have not had since the bowl game.

I really think to be a successful year and taking a step toward being an upper echelon SEC team again..we have to beat the teams we are supposed to beat and win 1 of 4 vs OU FL GA AL plus not get destroyed in the other 3

We need to win at least one of UF, UGA, Bama, and OU and go at least 9-3. Our depth will be better just about everywhere, still not on the level of those teams, but still the gap is narrowing. Both lines should be strong. We will go as far as our QB play takes us.

Reactions: VolnJC
If we play the full 12 game schedule I think the Vols have the coaching and talent to go 9-3 maybe 10-2. Whether or not we do that depends a few factors. But it is possible. But personally next year is when I expect great things to happen.

I have absolutely no worries about our defense. Missing spring sucks because HB is still essentially unseen. Offense is huge this year

VN Store

Back