How far do they drop

It was a complete joke Alabama made it to the playoffs 2 years ago. Fine you don't win the conference maybe I can get behind you still having a shot, but not to even be the best on your division? Hell no.

It is no wonder their fans have a sense of entitlement. In terms of the 8 teams who they have actually beaten so far this season, you can make a case that Tennessee is their 2nd most impressive win as of right now:

1) Texas A&M (6-3)
2) Southern Mississippi (6-3)
3) Tennessee (5-5)
4) Duke (4-5)
5) South Carolina (4-6)
6) Ole Miss (4-6)
7) Arkansas (2-8)
8) New Mexico State (0-9)

Take note, that Alabama has only beaten two teams who currently have a winning record and are assured of being bowl eligible. Alabama has beaten both the worst team in the Power 5 (Arkansas) and the worst team in the entire FBS (New Mexico State). For that, they are still in the top 5. That has nothing to do with the results of this season. It has everything to do with past success and program reputation. That is wrong.

I think we can take Jimbo. Therefore, we are their best win.

Either way, they have played a really weak schedule and still have another non-conference cupcake remaining.

Gus will take them.

It was a complete joke Alabama made it to the playoffs 2 years ago. Fine you don't win the conference maybe I can get behind you still having a shot, but not to even be the best on your division? Hell no.
The two teams in line behind them were Ohio St, who lost by 34 to Iowa, and UCF. Alabama was the proper #4, and I think they pretty much validated that by beating Clemson then Georgia.

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
Nope. Those other teams at least won their division and conference.
So what. They won a competition of geography and historical conference affiliation. You really think UCF was a better team than Alabama that year?

UCF didn't even play a ranked team until the season finale and then again in their conference title game.

My score predictions for the SEC today

Alabama 37-16 over Mississippi State

Florida 37-14 over Missouri

Georgia 27-24 over Auburn

Kentucky 20-7 over Vanderbilt

Texas A&M 38-20 over South Carolina

LSU 45-20 over Ole Miss

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly

VN Store

Back