How does Tennessee RB's compare to the rest of the SEC

Using the eye test, I would say neither is in the top 5. I would put Ty somewhere like 7-8.
I don’t know where you would rank guys among the rest of the league, but I know that if you let me take a back off of Tennessee’s roster, I take Gray without hesitation.
Gray is going to be special. I wish he had Chandler's break away speed. That being said, I love Chandler's sprint straight ahead running style.

Gray is going to be special. I wish he had Chandler's break away speed. That being said, I love Chandler's sprint straight ahead running style.

I really like them both. Completely agree about Gray. I wish we had a passing game that was much more of a threat because if we did, Ty might be leading the SEC right now.

Bama doesn't have a single RB in the top 18? This could be our year to kick Bama's Butts!!!!!! Great stats, they really clear things up.

And Lamical Perine rings in at 23rd. I think if we held a draft of SEC RB’s, Perine goes in your top 5.

Reactions: I40flyer
Sometime stats lie. Let's say, for example, early in the season, you tacked on a 30-40 yrd run, during the last two minutes of a game, your team was behind by 17 points, and the D was playing Prevent. Your stats just improved, and improved a lot. It is the same with passes caught, same situation, you get 3 or 4- 1 and 2 yard gain passed (again against a Prevent D) your stats just improved. In the early part of the season, 20 yard running gain is a lot on the ranking board (yards gained), but as the season goes on, not so much. Every year you can see RBs go from top 10 to top 20 in a week or so, they haven't gotten worse, more data, better results...

Last edited:
Thought this thread would be another link to the experts at gasn sports. Those guys are slacking

Because of the first game? That was the first time he has ever had those issues. Good try though.

You should probably watch more Tennessee Football if you think Chandler has those issues.
Chandler can't catch a pass. You are really mad, is Chandler your nephew?

Eric Gray is a far superior player in every way.

Our backs are pretty good running wise. Seems like they struggle a bit on the protection side, but overall one of the stronger position groups.

Reactions: RollerVol
Chandler can't catch a pass. You are really mad, is Chandler your nephew?

Eric Gray is a far superior player in every way.

Lol Chandler can’t catch a pass? You just outed yourself right there. Also, Mad? Nope.

Ty Chandler had 19 Receptions for 183 yds last year with 3 TDs averaging just shy of 10yds per catch.

Also, take your 88 posts and GTFOH. Thanks.

Edit: Also, Gray is a good RB but he is not as good as Ty at this point. Until Gray learns to run it more North and South he will not be better than Ty Chandler.

VN Store

Back