How did Jalen Hurts.....

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay
get his degree in 2 1/2 years? I thought it took 4-5 years for regular students to acquire their degree. Just curious to know if that's common.
It’s Alabama.......it’s like 6th grade crap.

Edit.....all honesty. It’s not hard with what has already been mentioned. HS AP classes, summer, online, etc.....Good for him and those that are focused on it.

spyfish007

Vol for Life
It does seem hard. Let's try this scenario out. Need 120 hours for the most basic degree. If you can for 18 hours, 6 classes into a fall or spring semester and 12 over the summer and 3 over mini term between spring and summer, then here you go.

year 1: 18+18+3+12=51
year 2: 18+18+3+12=51
year 3: 18

So after fall of your junior or 3rd year, then 120 hours! Not easy and your classes have to be available in the exact semester you need them.

bamawriter

It does seem hard. Let's try this scenario out. Need 120 hours for the most basic degree. If you can for 18 hours, 6 classes into a fall or spring semester and 12 over the summer and 3 over mini term between spring and summer, then here you go.

year 1: 18+18+3+12=51
year 2: 18+18+3+12=51
year 3: 18

So after fall of your junior or 3rd year, then 120 hours! Not easy and your classes have to be available in the exact semester you need them.
Again, Jalen was at Bama for 6 semesters, not 5.

Pappy

Its like when guys graduate with a communications degree. Not too much to it. And he probably didnt do that much work himself to begin with.
my son has a communications degree and is doing quite well with HGTV for 10+ years now...you should know that a degree doesn't mean squat unless you find your niche and work smart..there are MANY with PHD's that I wouldn't consider hiring or asking them for their service....quoting a famous talking head, 'your life's your own damn fault'

bag12day

get his degree in 2 1/2 years? I thought it took 4-5 years for regular students to acquire their degree. Just curious to know if that's common.
If Jalen applied himself no problem...
Probably pretty common, I got a Bachelors degree with two majors and a minor in 2.5 years by going to summer classes at a well respected university and loading 18-21+ hours per semester. A couple of my electives were in the MBA program so I figure that makes me fast, smart and studious.
I got an 2 year associates degree in BA from a community college in 3 years and that makes me slow, dumb and lazy. 30 years later still not sure if I learned anything from either!
Its really not uncommon for a kid who never leaves campus ( there all summer) to be able to get things done and especially with access to tutors like majors sports athletes have. My summer classes consisted of two semesters of 5 weeks each. So two summer sessions = 2 years basically but the classes were 3.5 hours IIRC so you could only take 2 classes per "semester".

LouderVol

Last of XVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I’d say good luck with that. And they’ll definitely be real subtle with that “encouragement”. Negative recruiting could include ole HC’s attempt to keep Johnny from getting his education too early cuz football. Helluva ESPN segment.
let me know when ESPN runs a story on Orgeron doing this. did it to one of our DBs from LA under Butch.

LouderVol

Last of XVI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got a name does he?
I think it was Labruzza. but couldn't remember. and I suck with the search function.

he wanted/is doing engineering and Orgeron was trying to talk him into something simpler so he could focus on football. Labruzza and his parents didn't like that and he stuck with us.

*not his parents but his guardians. he lost both of his parent before he committed.

05_never_again

I think it was Labruzza. but couldn't remember. and I suck with the search function.

he wanted/is doing engineering and Orgeron was trying to talk him into something simpler so he could focus on football. Labruzza and his parents didn't like that and he stuck with us.

*not his parents but his guardians. he lost both of his parent before he committed.
UT Sports site says Labruzza is a business major.

Boca Vol

Lab Rat
Did anyone take a mini-term session at UT? IIRC, you want to class during Christmas break for 4-5 hours per day for 2 weeks. Never did it, but probably should have for a tough class.

VN Store

Sponsors