How about Kacy Rogers for DC?

He was absolutely correct about Pruitt being fired, while so many on here were saying he was coming back.
Let's go back and look at that...If I remember correctly he was saying that for weeks, then backtracked, then went on again. He was waffling there if I remember correctly...basically regurgitating a lot of what was said on here.

I could be wrong, but that seems to be what I remember.

I would certainly think if a former defensive coach in the NFL and especially one that just won a super bowl, walked into a potential recruit's living room they would without question stand up listen. Recruiting? Speaks for itself don't u think..................................

What if it’s been Kacy Rodgers all along and the delay has been completing his defensive staff and working the money train.
What would a Kacy Rodgers led staff look like?
Assume he would coach the defensive line. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Of course heard names like Gardner and Steele, (hmm sounds like a law firm 😂)

Rodgers was given a deadline of this evening to respond to our offer. If he says no, It’s Conklin’s job

Reactions: butchna
Don’t see Conklin quitting as HC a week from the beginning of the season. Do you?

Conklin has interviewed for multiple DC positions this offseason, he wants out. I don't know his exact salary, but if we take him from somewhere in the neighborhood of 300,000 to 1.2 Million he would crawl here.

He's been a coordinator in a "Mission Impossible" situation with the Jets. This will not be his first experience dealing in difficulty.

He's been great for Tampa for two reasons:

1. Getting the best out of veteran talent that in the past had been more in sleep-mode than in beast-mode. Suh hasn't played this well in a long time.
2. Developing young talent like Vita Vea. This was going to be a massive year for him before his injury. In the Super Bowl, they even had that 350-pounder playing a little defensive end and causing the Chiefs all kinds of irritation.

Kansas City had issues with their offensive line entering the Super Bowl. Tampa's defensive line made absolutely certain the Chiefs paid a high price for those problems.

It would be a good hire and give real credibility to the staff in the eyes of the players currently at Tennessee and the defensive recruits we're pursuing now and in the future. A man with an NFL background and a brand-new Super Bowl ring on his finger commands respect and opens doors.

Let’s face it. Tampa Bays defense was the major reason they won the SB. Rogers would be a very good hire.

Reactions: onevol74

VN Store

Back