Hottest / Coldest Football Game You've Attended

Titans Steelers MNF in Nashville 2014. 25 at kickoff and at one point announcer said it was 18. Coldest game on record at Nissan stadium. Correction it is now the second coldest game at Nissan stadium

Hottest: Georgia @ Clemson, 2003
Coldest: Western Michigan @ Miami OH, 2001
Honorable mention for coldest: 1998 Motor City Bowl in Detroit, but the game was indoors.

Hottest was UT/Wyoming game in Nissan stadium years ago, sat in upper deck in the sun. Paramedics we're all over the place. Coldest was Vols/Candy game at night in Neyland. Sat in section R rather than E and wind off river was brutal. VOLS losing didn't help either. Butch was coach.

Hottest game was the opener in 2015 in Nashville versus Bowling Green. Stupidly I bought tickets in the upper deck on the sunny side of the stadium. People were passing out in the concourse, we left at halftime because we were all feeling the effects of the sun. Walked back to the hotel, got to the room and couldn't stop shaking. Pretty sure I had sun poisoning. Coldest game is easy, grew up in Western NY. Buffalo playoff game versus the Raiders, I had to look it up. Jan. 15th 1994 – vs. L.A. Raiders, 0 degrees, wind chill of minus-32, that was crazy cold!!!

Reactions: kcvols1
Coldest in Knoxville - UK when Jared Lorenzon was there. Sat top row under the old orange scoreboard. Blistering cold and wind

Hottest - every other game

I just saw the video of that one on Twitter yesterday! I completely did not know that happened. I must have completely tuned it out, since Butch was out, the season was lost, and grumors were flowing.
We got our tails kicked, but it was so much fun. I remember us running out, and the wind was blowing so hard that it blew the POTSB drum major off the ladder. Hilarious. Then, they conducted Rocky Top from the ground.

Hottest: Fresno State in the 2003 season opener. The only time I've ever left a football game with a sunburn. My face was red as a beet the next day.

Coldest: Kentucky in 2004. I don't do many cold weather games, but I remember that one.

Dec 2017 Titans vs Jags was the coldest that I can remember.
Lots of hot ones in September. None of them stick out.

The coldest I attended was my first which was the 1993 game against South Carolina. I thought it was going to be a good game because South Carolina beat us the year before. We won 55-3.

The hottest would be the 2010 game against UAB. Not only was it hot but if not for 5 missed field goals against UAB we would have lost that game.

9/14/2021 UCLA not even close
Band members dropping like flies
Smokey burning his paws on turf
Me - a student, dousing my head in restroom sink twice to cool down
Had front row seats just above that hot artificial turf

Coldest? Harder to say. Nothing Tennessee comes to mind.
Went to Carson-Newman playoff game in Jefferson City against Northern Colorado that was quite frigid.

My high school played Rhea County and Andy Kelly and it was very cold

Did go to some colder games in Lexington where the winds ripped through the bleachers that was quite cold.

Coldest UK 2007, it was in the low 20s at the end

Hottest, UF 2007, it was about 102 in the stands, though I think more like 95 at the airport.

With the temperature exceeding 93 degress in Orlando today, heat index of 110 degrees with 100% humidity thrown in for good measure, a co-worker who's a UT alum and I were comparing notes on the hottest (and coldest) CFB game we've attended.

We both said, without question, hottest game was the 2003 UF-UT game in Gainesville. Noon kickoff, not a cloud in the sky, no breeze, easily 97 degrees in the shade.

He said your Cotton Bowl game against K-State(?) was the coldest he'd experienced.
Gonna go back aways....Purdue vs Ohio State in Columbus; 22 degrees, windchill 14...1969

Way back when the college all stars played the NFL champions, I live in Atlanta and that game was played in Atlanta that July. afternoon. The weather was very hot , 101 degrees, and the humidity was almost 100%. It was unbearable and most people left before half time. The coldest was also in Atlanta with the Falcons playing the Packers at night temperature was 1 degree and there was a 15 MPH wind blowing out of the North. I now refused to attend a football game under either of those conditions. I did attend a Tennessee-Kentucky football game in the late 1950s in Knoxville in late November where there was about 6 inches of ice and snow on the ground. About the only thing I remember about that game other than Tennessee beating Kentucky was after the game, two men. Kentucky fans, were carrying a prone woman fan on their shoulders out of the stadium. She was as drunk as a skunk and would raise up and yell "go big blue" and then collapse back on their shoulders. Back then , that was quite a sight.

Don't remember the hottest bt the coldest was in ames iowa. Iowa state vs west virginia, 11-23-12. Was around 15 degrees...my busch light can was freezing to my lips lol

With the temperature exceeding 93 degress in Orlando today, heat index of 110 degrees with 100% humidity thrown in for good measure, a co-worker who's a UT alum and I were comparing notes on the hottest (and coldest) CFB game we've attended.

We both said, without question, hottest game was the 2003 UF-UT game in Gainesville. Noon kickoff, not a cloud in the sky, no breeze, easily 97 degrees in the shade.

He said your Cotton Bowl game against K-State(?) was the coldest he'd experienced.
Was at that cotton bowl game, I was about three sheets in the wind so I couldn’t tell you if it was cold or not.

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
HOTTEST - Neyland in September sitting down low (no air at all) on a day in the mid 90s. 😦

Hottest sporting event period - Talledega, July, 100 in the shade. The race where they fried an egg on Elliots floor board before the race. 🥵

COLDEST - High school game I played in, early December single digits temp.. That sucked HARD....🥶

Hottest UCLA in 91 I think this is the game Smokey had the heat stroke”Coldest is Vols Arkansas game @ Little Rock in 97 the Cotton Bowl against Kansas St was cold cold cold as well!!!

VN Store

Back