Hottest / Coldest Football Game You've Attended

Hottest was the '91 game against UCLA. I know I recall some wild temps thrown around, but the first article google pulled up said 112.

Coldest was the '83 Liberty Bowl between Notre Dame and Boston College. It was 11 degrees at game time, and the wind was blowing. People were stripping the flags off the sticks and making fires in the stands.

Hottest was the '91 game against UCLA. I know I recall some wild temps thrown around, but the first article google pulled up said 112.

Coldest was the '83 Liberty Bowl between Notre Dame and Boston College. It was 11 degrees at game time, and the wind was blowing. People were stripping the flags off the sticks and making fires in the stands.

I was at that 91 ucla game also ... standing on the surface of the sun was only thing I would think would be as bad. Ridiculous. Wonder some of the players didn't die ... or worse

Coldest I've been to was the OT game vs the gamecocks (2014?), the wind in their stadium showed no mercy and cut straight to the bone.

Reactions: 3 people
I have to be honest. I've never been to an away game and can only attend a couple of games a year. It's usually the Florida and Alabama game or the Georgia and South Carolina game. Even in College I didn't attend the games later in the season. To me, they just weren't worth freezing to attend. But, it seems like the Florida game every other year is an absolute scorcher!

Hottest was Florida last yr. Was in section FF and didn't have shade until less than 3 mins to go. A close second was Austin Peay in 2013.

Coldest was Vandy in 2013.

We were in section DD right down from ya. I remember that as well with the sun in our face all game. I was just praying the shade would hurry up and come. Like you mentioned it didn't come till the game was almost over.

We were in DD row 1 for the '91 UCLA game, that was scorching.

The '83 Liberty Bowl was brutal. My toes were numb with 10 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

I was at that 91 ucla game also ... standing on the surface of the sun was only thing I would think would be as bad. Ridiculous. Wonder some of the players didn't die ... or worse

Bunch of band members did pass out at halftime. Also, on the video you can see Kevin Mays run off the field puking. He told me it wasn't the heat that made him sick, but a yellow jacket got in his helmet and stung him several times. Said that put him over the edge.

Reactions: 1 person
We were in DD row 1 for the '91 UCLA game, that was scorching.

The '83 Liberty Bowl was brutal. My toes were numb with 10 minutes to go in the 1st quarter.

Yeah, it was rough. I attended that game with my high school team. We rode busses from Jackson. I had my winter hunting gear all set to wear, but my brother slid of the road on ice early in the day, and we were stuck there for hours. By the time someone got us there was no time to go home and change. I had a good coat, but blue jeans and tennis shoes didn't cut it.

Last edited:
Last years Florida game, without hesitation, was the hottest.

Coldest...hmmm...2005 South Carolina comes to mind. I had to buy a beanie.

Not sure about hottest, but I remember the morning before kickoff against UK in 2012 being almost unbearably cold. The windchill must've been around 0

With the temperature exceeding 93 degress in Orlando today, heat index of 110 degrees with 100% humidity thrown in for good measure, a co-worker who's also a UT alum and I were comparing notes on the hottest (and coldest) CFB game we've attended.

We both said, without question, hottest game was the 2003 UF-UT game in Gainesville. Noon kickoff, not a cloud in the sky, no breeze, easily 97 degrees in the shade.

He said your Cotton Bowl game against K-State(?) was the coldest he'd experienced.

Hottest was 1997 UCLA at Rose Bowl. They ran out of water before halftime. Half the UT fans stayed out of stadium for second half. We all were directly in the sun entire game.

Coldest was 2003 Kentucky game..

I've been to several brutally hot ones. I actually sold my tickets to the BGSU game at Nissan Stadium because of how hot it was going to be that day.

The Montana game was setting up to be one of the hottest, but a monsoon rolled through Knoxville, drenched everyone, and dropped the temperature by 30 degrees just before kickoff.

Coldest and most miserable was either the Vandy game in 2012 or the Missouri game last year. The wind started absolutely whipping through the stadium at the Mizzou game, and people were actually yelling and screaming every time a hard gust would come through. It was like getting stabbed with icicles, even with multiple layers of clothing.

Hottest was Florida last yr. Was in section FF and didn't have shade until less than 3 mins to go. A close second was Austin Peay in 2013.

Coldest was Vandy in 2013.

Was at both of those games. Sat it FF for FL too ironically enough. The hallways look like a war zone.

APSU was hot, but not as much as UF.

Coldest for me was UK. Forget the year.

Hottest was 1997 UCLA at Rose Bowl. They ran out of water before halftime.

That happened at the UF game this year on the east side.

Girl at the concession tried to charge me 3$ for a cup of tap water with no ice.

With the temperature exceeding 93 degress in Orlando today, heat index of 110 degrees with 100% humidity thrown in for good measure, a co-worker who's also a UT alum and I were comparing notes on the hottest (and coldest) CFB game we've attended.

We both said, without question, hottest game was the 2003 UF-UT game in Gainesville. Noon kickoff, not a cloud in the sky, no breeze, easily 97 degrees in the shade.

He said your Cotton Bowl game against K-State(?) was the coldest he'd experienced.

The 2004 Patriots/Titans divisional playoff game. 4 degrees with wind chills at -12 when they kicked off.

James Banks halftime "hail mary" game?

Coldest was a Christmas game between the Titans and Cowboys in the late 90s iirc.

Hottest was GA Tech vs Mercer in the season opener last year.

Hottest for me was 2003 vs Fresno St.

Sweated so much. 1 case of beer and zero trips to the bathroom. Actually had a kid spill a soda down my neck and I wasn't even mad.

Haven't had any truly cold experiences.

That was the game they sold out of bottled waters. Several heat issues from fans. Folks had to be taken to first aid.

James Banks halftime "hail mary" game?

Yes Beech, that game.

Thanks for reminding me.

34ovbc9.jpg

Hottest was 1997 UCLA at Rose Bowl. They ran out of water before halftime. Half the UT fans stayed out of stadium for second half. We all were directly in the sun entire game.

Coldest was 2003 Kentucky game..

I was there as well, and it was hot...

Coldest was a tie between k-state cotton bowl and titans-cowbows game in late 90s. I was cold enough at the k-state game that I bought a k-state blanket to wrap myself in. They were sold out of TN blankets.

I don't know if it is being prisoner of the moment or not, but I don't remember being hotter than the TN-FL game last year..I had to go to the concourse and set down during game play for the first time in my life. I got over it in the second half real quick though! Shortly after Jennings made tabor his b****.

VN Store

Back