Horns down????

K-town Vol Fan

Blood Runneth Orange
Can someone please explain to me why Texas is so offended by the horns down? Last week they got in a scuffle in the handshake line and the coach called the opposing team classless for doing it. And now this:

1000006188.png

It just seems incredibly soft, they are going to have a hard time in the SEC being this soft. I think every road SEC venue will have a nice loud "Horns down" chant waiting for them.

Better for them to stay offended than to let it be known they become offended when someone says that. I can imagine now that it is known Texas will see it everywhere in the SEC.

I wonder if this is a new sensitivity they have developed over the last 15 years? I lived there from 2000-2010 and don’t remember it being brought up as a topic by any of the many TAM, Tech, or OU fans that I knew. I certainly saw some TAM fans doing a horns down sign but I never remember a Texas fan saying anything about it.

Reactions: Volfan1000
I’ve wondered the same thing. There has to be something more to it other than it hurts their feelings.
I don't think there is. That fanbase has a gigantic ego and superiority complex, and remember they were able to play dictator in their two previous conferences (Southwest and Big 12). They are soft and used to getting their way.

Can someone please explain to me why Texas is so offended by the horns down? Last week they got in a scuffle in the handshake line and the coach called the opposing team classless for doing it. And now this:

View attachment 615403

It just seems incredibly soft, they are going to have a hard time in the SEC being this soft. I think every road SEC venue will have a nice loud "Horns down" chant waiting for them.

I'm so glad someone bright this up because I'm also confused. The BYU coach even said "that's not us" like it was against the BYU program's character or something.

Well Texas... it definitely IS us.... soooo... get ready.

View attachment 615403

Oklahoma and Texas will find that the SEC is another 2 levels above the Big 12.

Reactions: Cod and feathersax
It's come up on Josh & Swain recently also. What they don't seem to realize is that they are basically begging every SEC student section to produce the "horns down" every game, every play, every loss, every sport. It's going to be brutal and ..... I. Can't. Wait........ So freaking excited to see how much they can handle. Absolutely will be a rude awakening. Welcome to the SEC Texas.

VN Store

Back