Hope Renewed

One thing I always wish I had done is soaked in the 98 Natty more. I just assumed we would be back there a good bit. There was no reason at the time to think we wouldn't.

I live in Alabama and always sport my UT gear. The man who runs the convenience store nearest to my house told me last fall that I could never be accused of not being loyal. Lol.

I have enjoyed this thread more than any other (on Volnation) in a long time. Not a single nega post yet. Of course, it could be that Iā€™ve ā€œignoredā€ a lot of people who are always miserable..

One thing I always wish I had done is soaked in the 98 Natty more. I just assumed we would be back there a good bit. There was no reason at the time to think we wouldn't.

I live in Alabama and always sport my UT gear. The man who runs the convenience store nearest to my house told me last fall that I could never be accused of not being loyal. Lol.
. Yep same here I was 19 when we won the national title in 98 and after how good we had been in the 90ā€™s I just assumed we would be back every season. I never wouldā€™ve thought that here 23 years later nearly that we havenā€™t won or been back to a national title game since or even won the SEC again since then. I wish I had of enjoyed it and soaked it in more at the time like you said.

Reactions: VonVol2
GBO šŸŠ I got to thinking.. Tennessee football has had 2 decades of dominance really in the history of the program. The 1950s and 1990s, they are really good about every 40 years, so maybe the 2030s will be our next decade of dominance.

You forgot 1930's and early 40's they were unbeatable! 1940 They were undefeated and unscored on. They rode the train to the Rose Bowl and lost 14-0.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
You need to define hope. If you mean titles, those days are gone and never coming back.
However, Heupel could be our Kiffin/Leach and make this exciting. We can be Ole Miss East. And I am actually ok with that. I will buy a ticket if the regular season scores are like the spring game. I donā€™t care if weā€™re 5-7 - just make it exciting. Go down with flair.

VN Store

Back