Hoosier coach got his wish!

Well, I don't know if they showed it on tv...during a timeout, the chearleaders and dudes with huge flags came out on the field. One guy waving his flag over the Tn huddle.

Then, we had an injured player on the field, listened to them chant IU the entire time our player was down.

I'm fine if they left feeling empty, good for them!!!!

Classless! You can tell they are not a football school.

Yeah, the chanting when Bituli went down was pure garbage. I'll be honest in saying I was surprised by that, not something you normally see from a team you never play.

I absolutely hated the way we played at times and still feels like we shouldn't have won, but I feel much better traveling home today with a W, than to be on the other side where IU is feeling pretty good for most of the second half that the game was in hand only to crap all over yourself and lose the way they did, but they deserved it for the cheering during the Bituli injury.

What does it feel like traveling home after being part of the celebratory cheering fans while a player suffers on the field, only to end up with a loss anyway? I guess with that kind of experience makes acceptable the reality of living in an utterly boring state as flat as a kitchen, snow slush and grime 1/2 the year, bordering communist Illinois, and whose county map looks like graph paper lines.

Way to come back Vols! You not only dangled the carrot of victory in front of them, but they got to fondle it for 1/2 the 4th Q before having it snatched away and used to slap them upside the face! 23-22 is a light years better sendoff to their All-Century Team than the blowout it could have been for the Whosiers.

Indiana is not good team, I don't see them being so well coached either, but TV announcers had serious "MAN CRUSH" on Allen, pregame speech played twice or more
If Vols had competent QB play they win 38-10.

Our crew started dying laughing when that guy came of the sideline with that giant fake "Dan Mullin style" smile when it was 4th Down and game on the line. He was trying to exude looseness and fun to his QB in crunch time. Then turned away from the QB and stressed himself knowing it was make a play or lose. We were dying at how stupid that guy looked. Made Butch Jones' antics pedestrian!

Last edited:
After putting up with their rude behavior which I'm sure reached a fever pitch mid-way thru the 4th quarter when they thought they were actually going to beat a "hated SEC team" you must have been ecstatic watching them when they crumbled, complained and cried at the end when Tennessee WON. Wish I could have been there. GBO !!!
The look on their fans when Gray scored the last TD = priceless

Classless! You can tell they are not a football school.

Classless! You're absolutely correct sir. However, we must remember that this is a learned behavior and they learned from the "best", Bobby Knight. For those that might not remember Bobby was in a "classless" league of his own with his cursing, chair throwing, player punching and more. Needless to say, their fans obviously welcomed and apparently adopted his "style". Geesh !!!

Classless! You're absolutely correct sir. However, we must remember that this is a learned behavior and they learned from the "best", Bobby Knight. For those that might not remember Bobby was in a "classless" league of his own with his cursing, chair throwing, player punching and more. Needless to say, their fans obviously welcomed and apparently adopted his "style". Geesh !!!

Bobby Knight was a loose cannon with a bad temper & giant jerk at times, but he did have respect for his opponents. He would never condone fans or his players cheering while another player was injured or being evaluated by medical staff.

Bobby Knight was a loose cannon with a bad temper & giant jerk at times, but he did have respect for his opponents. He would never condone fans or his players cheering while another player was injured or being evaluated by medical staff.

I'm sure you are correct regarding Bobby's concern for an injured opposing player but my point was that he was a classless coach as are their fans apparently.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
That pregame speech was not inspiring at all and pretty weak.

Reminded me of the one Bowden gave before the SECCG in 97 on ABC. I assumed Bowden was some kind of young fireball who inspired AU. Boy, was I wrong @ that. Allen's was bad but still less-worse than the other.

I guess with that kind of experience makes acceptable the reality of living in an utterly boring state ... whose county map looks like graph paper lines.

You mean they‘re not gerrymandered to minimize the impact of the minority vote? That doesn’t sound very on brand for Indiana.

that's a well coached team...hats off.

They were well-coached until they started playing soft "prevent" defense with about 7 and a half minutes to go and then took a nap on an on-side kick. The 52 yard field goal try from the kid who just flat missed a PAT was a brain fart too.

Kudos to the Pruitt and Cheney and the players for taking advantage of those errors, though.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
When he and Pruitt went to shake hands at midfield or players tried to dump Gatorade on Pruitt. Most of it went on Indiana's coach. Which is kind of funny.
Lol, my husband and I were talking/chuckling about this on the way home this morning. It went something along these lines...."his Gatorade aim is as inconsistent as his football pass." Never let JG near the tub of Gatorade again. Lol.....just a little silly humor!

no... they are not a well coached team Allen is like Butch all show and no go, he made more mistakes than onside kick..... TV cameras on his sideline all game
with that stupid Dan Mullen fake smile. Kudos Tenn coaching for exploiting weakness ……...……….GO VOLS

I sat on the IU side (with many in orange), they were more obnoxious than I expected.

In that same section Beecher. Yeah, some of them were obnoxious. One IU fan was upset that the Announcer mis-pronounced Whoop's name wrong. :)

Yep. They played well and lost. They can go back up north and wait till 2057 for another run at 9 wins.

Go VOLS

Our crew started dying laughing when that guy came of the sideline with that giant fake "Dan Mullin style" smile when it was 4th Down and game on the line. He was trying to exude looseness and fun to his QB in crunch time. Then turned away from the QB and stressed himself knowing it was make a play or lose. We were dying at how stupid that guy looked. Made Butch Jones' antics pedestrian!
How odd. You think a coach looks stupid when he’s supporting his guys when the wheels are coming off? You’d prefer a Muschamp?

I’m glad we beat them. Sounds like they had some jerks in their fan base. But I’m sure not going to criticize a coach for trying to energize his team when they tried so hard and came up short.

We sucked for 90% of the game. They played hard (and dirty.) We won in the end. Gloating is a bad look.

1578109947591.jpeg

Reactions: vollygirl

VN Store

Back