Hooker's future at Detroit...

I know the NFL. I just can’t stand the Titans. Don’t care for them at all.
Ok well stop spewing lies then. They haven’t sucked for forever and a day. They’ve actually been a very competitive franchise. Over the past 25 years they have a better winning percentage than the following (60% of the NFL):

Chargers
Dolphins
Bills
Rams
Falcons
49ers
Giants
Buccaneers
Bears
Bengals
Panthers
Jets
Cardinals
Commanders
Raiders
Texans
Jaguars
Lions
Browns

So look at the Kirk Cousins situation. He was drafted in the fourth round, RG3 drafted #2 overall by the same team. Starting QB didn't work out in the long run. Cousins earns starting role. He was franchised twice before leaving in free agency, The "trade value" for a franchise tagged player would be AT LEAST a first round pick. So it behooves the Lions to develop and showcase (preseason) HH going forward, even if they do not see him as their short term franchise QB.
I thought Cousins was drafted in the 2nd round

Edit: You're correct. It was the same year they drafted RGIII

I hope not. The Titans have sucked for ever and a day. He just needs to learn, make a team and cash the checks. Goff will get hurt and he will have plenty of chances to prove himself soon enough. The main thing is to take advantage of his chances when his name is called. It’s the NFL, quarterbacks get hurt every week.
So you wouldn’t want him on the Titans for what reason? How do you know Hooker won’t be elite in 2 years? You really think mayo boy is gonna be good?

Reactions: VolPack22
So you wouldn’t want him on the Titans for what reason? How do you know Hooker won’t be elite in 2 years? You really think mayo boy is gonna be good?
If he plays for the titans, I would cheer for him. I think Hooker could be elite but there is no shame in being a backup in the NFL for any team. NFL quarterbacks get hurt every week, so he will eventually get a chance to prove himself. But with that said, I’d rather watch him play for Detroit than the titans. The titans have ruined a lot of careers.

And for those not familiar: the Lions for the last decade+ have been AWFUL with staffing their QB room. Despite having not taken an actual NFL snap, Hendon is still probably better than any of their backups in recent years (except Teddy Bridgewater).
Josh Dobbs was on their practice squad for 2+ weeks. I think I'd put Hooker ahead of Dobbs, but...

Hooker might excel in the NFL, but being "elite" in two years is highly unlikely. He's in a great position. He has a contract. Stay there, improve and flourish.

Reactions: knox73
Not the first time HH has been in a QB room where he was underestimated. If he's the man, the cream will always rise to the top.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
YIKES !!! Jared Goff getting $53 mill a year for the next four years...yes, the guy has been in the top 5 in every positive QB category in the league the last two years, but is this over paying?

What does this mean for Hooker?
Does Hendon become a career backup automatically?
Barring a catastrophe to Goff (injury, back slide, etc.), does Hooker ever see the field, let alone start a game?
Should Hooker think about moving on after the rookie contract expires?
Thoughts VolNation?

Nothing
No
Yes
Depends
Not likely

In football you’re always just one injury away from playing. I don’t wish that on Goff or anyone else. But you just never know when it’s going to be your time.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

VN Store

Back