Hooker Legitimate Question

Love my big orange. Forever.

Having said that, Hendon remains an enigma to me. Product of Heupel's O scheme or legitimate NFL prospect?

Maybe both?

Love the guy and hope he gets 1st round pick.

Both.

If you remember Spurrier and all his QBs.
Awesome in college.

Only one of them did anything in the NFL- Rex Grossman.

Now compare any of those guys from an intelligence and athletic standpoint to Hendon Hooker.

NFL stands for Not For Long and Herndon can get 5 or 6 productive years as a starter or backup in my eyes he has done well.A back up QB makes damn good money for holding clipboard on Sundays and running reps in practice through the week

Sport science is advancing so fast.
People want to talk about his age...
Okay. He just turned 25.

So let's say he plays 10 years! That's a relatively long NFL career. That would make him 35. Tom Brady would play 8 more years after the age of 35🙄....

He doesn't need to be a starter the whole time. He can be in the NFL 15 years with 8 as a starter and 7 as a key backup and budding OC.
Still be younger than Heupel is now just, then and have 30 years as a coach.

When you think about bringing in the right kind of people to build your franchise....you want people like Hendon Hooker on the field, the sideline and the front office.

Speaking of Darnell Wright, Chris Simms has him as his number 1 OT prospect. Most pundits have him a bit lower. The guy from
Ohio State is pretty impressive--very athletic for a tackle. It was mentioned on the Simms podcast that Wright has 9-inch hands, which
is TINY. Simms and his broadcast mate were wondering if tiny hands could be a liability for an offensive lineman. Conclusion--could be, given
that OLinemen use their hands a lot, but not sure.

I really don't know that we have enough of a sample size to make this call.

Heupel has not really had as high of a grade of talent as he does now and it is a tough call and could go either way.

He is here to perfect the college QB and I think he has succeeded, but the test is still out there on how a QB from this system will perform in the NFL and it will take a few years to make a call on that.

We will see what Milton does this Fall and that might be a better qualifier or maybe Iamaleava will be the best measuring stick since he will be Heupel's first top grade raw recruit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MemphisVol77
Why the Hendon Hooker NFL Draft conversation is maddening

another silly article about the NFL draft, in this case our OUTSTANDING QB from last year.

Certainly interesting that folks like Mel Kipper cast away HH awhile back but are now coming around. Simply said, our QB is a fierce competitor and folks like the “experts” out there aren’t event qualified to sniff our warriors jock straps. They don’t see talent until they are smacked in the face with their ignorance of talent, desire or especially teamwork.

how many of these so-called experts rely on a team so they can report things right? Since they are all really self-serving, just don’t give them the time of day because they certainly would never understand what being either a teammate or leader is about.

done with my rant…
‘Go VOLS!

So many young QBs from college that are really good go to bad teams which meanas their offensive lines often suck. These same QBs early in their careers get shell shocked or hurt so badly it limits their development and by the time they're just seasoned enough and healthy enoiugh to do well, there's fresh meat from college to feed into the grinder. I'd like to see 2Hs go to a mid range type team that would develop him and keep him healthy early on and then put him on the field as I think he could do very well.

Love my big orange. Forever.

Having said that, Hendon remains an enigma to me. Product of Heupel's O scheme or legitimate NFL prospect?

Maybe both?

Love the guy and hope he gets 1st round pick.

See here is the thing about systems and the NFL. Every QB is a product of a system. Even Peyton was. He was a product of the system Fulmer had then/. Tebow was a product of Meyers system. Weurffle was a product of Spurriers system. Burrow was a product of Brady’s system. Get it?

The system a QB runs in college isn’t that relevant in the NFL. That’s why hearing people say oh well he runs a specific type of offense in college is dumb. Mahomes ran a specific system at TT. On the NFL Andy Reid designed a system to take advantages of his strengths. That’s what a good NFL coach does. So basically Hooker will learn whatever system he gets drafted to.

Speaking of Darnell Wright, Chris Simms has him as his number 1 OT prospect. Most pundits have him a bit lower. The guy from
Ohio State is pretty impressive--very athletic for a tackle. It was mentioned on the Simms podcast that Wright has 9-inch hands, which
is TINY. Simms and his broadcast mate were wondering if tiny hands could be a liability for an offensive lineman. Conclusion--could be, given
that OLinemen use their hands a lot, but not sure.
1681354399858.jpeg

Why the Hendon Hooker NFL Draft conversation is maddening

another silly article about the NFL draft, in this case our OUTSTANDING QB from last year.

Certainly interesting that folks like Mel Kipper cast away HH awhile back but are now coming around. Simply said, our QB is a fierce competitor and folks like the “experts” out there aren’t event qualified to sniff our warriors jock straps. They don’t see talent until they are smacked in the face with their ignorance of talent, desire or especially teamwork.

how many of these so-called experts rely on a team so they can report things right? Since they are all really self-serving, just don’t give them the time of day because they certainly would never understand what being either a teammate or leader is about.

done with my rant…
‘Go VOLS!
Mel Kipper has said nothing of interest in years. I am so tired of the mock drafts. Just do it and get the season started.

It's not Hendon's fault that, in his post-snap progressions, he was often able to throw to the first read because he was open. I think he is really a smart QB with fine pocket awareness and a mobility that I love. Good luck Hendon!

I thought the same thing, just in my usual offbeat way. It's like blaming Hooker for having WRs very good at being open due to their speed, deceptive route running, or just so tall to reach or jump above their defenders. Then of course often had Spencer flypaper hands. Hendon baby, we doubt you because your WRs were so good. His doubters are nitwits.

VN Store

Back