Hooker is Starting

This will be what happens.
Hooker looks good the first half.
Bailey starts the 2nd.
Bailey looks better the 2nd half but a huge argument breaks out because it was against 2nd team defense.
Next weeks big hot topic has been born!

Well, we can put this one to bed. Bailey showed why he is 3rd string today

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
After today, I don't know, they all look rough. I would probably stay with Hooker based on the 1st 3 games. I do think he'll turn the ball over more than the other 2 QBs. His running ability was impressive today, against a weak defense. I like HB on his potential but I was disappointed in what I saw out of him today.

To discuss the other time you quoted my post, Hooker can run and he's more accurate than JG, so yes HH > JG.

So what is HB’s potential? He doesn’t throw darts, not quite the accuracy I’ve heard of on this board, and he runs like old people have sex.

It'll be interesting to see how Hooker is after a week of 1st team reps. I'm sure the game plan will be built around him. If it were me, I would play Hooker until the end of the 3rd quarter and them give Bailey his turn. We probably won't see many passes in the 2nd half, run, run run. I doubt that Heupel will run up a big score. My guess is low 50s.

Enjoy the game everyone. Lets go Vols!!!!
Dude you nailed it!!!

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
So what is HB’s potential? He doesn’t throw darts, not quite the accuracy I’ve heard of on this board, and he runs like old people have sex.

I don’t know about the last part. I hear the older folks down at The Villages near Orlando are rock it these days.

Well, we can put this one to bed. Bailey showed why he is 3rd string today

He played with the 2nd and 3rd teams, and no blocking and still played respectable but not enough to show he's ready for the field. He showed us he can see the field but the kid did grasp the hurry up offense pretty well. I make no bones. I think HB is the future of our program and I for one don't want to see another transfer that becomes all world outside UT. JMO..... Take it at that

Last edited:
This will be what happens.
Hooker looks good the first half.
Bailey starts the 2nd.
Bailey looks better the 2nd half but a huge argument breaks out because it was against 2nd team defense.
Next weeks big hot topic has been born!

Well this post aged really well huh?

I would say the same questions were asked if guys like Kyle Trask and Mack Jones early in their career.

HB most likely will never start at UT.
The qb of the future is arriving next season. I don't see Bailey being here after this season.
Hooker and Milton will start until the new man arrives in the fall.

I followed Bailey's recruitment and watched a few of his games on TV. I was really looking forward to seeing him play in college. Today was disappointing for me, especially after arguing with a co-worker for 3 weeks that HB should be the starting QB. Maybe the high school QB I watched a few years ago never makes onto the field as a starter in college. I also saw Hooker play at VT and wasn't impressed with him. I honestly didn't know very much about Milton until he transferred to TN. I was going with what my eyes had seen between Hooker and Bailey. Today, Hooker looked better.

**What have you witnessed to make you compare old people having sex and Bailey's scrambling ability? That seems like an odd comparison. Could you give a brief explanation for that analogy? What age do you consider old?

VN Store

Back