Honest thoughts on how this season should go

This is my second time posting and I’m pretty new here. Definitely not new to being a vol fanatic though! Im kind of curious to see what other people are expecting to see this year. What would make you feel optimistic for the future? What would make you question it?
This is my list:
Optimistic

• Solid QB play. Doesn’t matter who, just someone who makes minimal mistakes.
  • Defense that doesn’t get burnt deep. Even if we allow them to score, I’d feel great if we at least make them work for it.
  • Keep it close with at least one of these following schools: Georgia, Florida or Bama.
Worrisome

• Not optimizing the places where we have talent. Whether that be getting them the ball as often as possible or having them contribute their strength on defense. Too many NFL players came here and barely played or weren’t used efficiently.
  • Recruiting is my main worry. However, I would feel just fine if we outperformed expectations and recruited according to that production.
Welcome to the family! I look forward to talking Vols with you.

I’m expecting 6 to 7 wins. There’s a segment of our fanbase who seem to think Milton is the next Cam Newton. I think that’s a little too optimistic, BUT remember Dan Mullen was able to win a few games he shouldn’t with CHRIS RELF at MSU. I see some similarities here. Milton is clearly more polished than Relf was but my point is a good coach can find ways to move the ball with big, athletic QBs. I think combo gives us a solid floor of 6 wins.

However, I think we’re going to be pretty bad on defense which limits our ceiling to 8 wins. Because of lack of depth on the OL I’ve lowered the upper end of my expectations to 7 wins.

Reactions: Teezy
If we get good QB play we could shock the country. It could also go drastically bad if we don't find a QB. 7-5 is the most likely outcome but I wouldn't be shocked if they did better.

I have avoided asking this... but are you serious or just poking people?

I'm pretty hopeful at this point... but I honestly don't see 10 wins right now.

He hasn't even seen this offense against another team yet predicting "explosive." It very well could be but I'll wait to see the product on the field against a quality opponent. Pitt will give us an idea of what we're dealing with ths season. Then let's see how we play against an SEC team, we should get a benchmark then about what we have.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
A
“Likely”………does that mean……..we don’t know? Because we don’t.

I’m fairly confident that between 5 and 6 wins is what almost everyone (except us fans) has Tennessee pegged at……..so NO 5 is not below expectations.

Right now Tennessee needs to start winning the games they should. They need to reach expectations……..then build on that.

When your as low as last years Tennessee was…….and blame it on an all SEC schedule all you want……..but Tennessee lost at home to Kentucky by more than EVER before……it was BAD……..so back to…..when your as low as Tennessee was, you simply have to start winning games you should and learn to be competitive in others…….and build on that throughout the year.

5 is better than 3……..I don’t care how you put it……or who you play.

Tennessee also lost a freakin ton of players, and coming off the worst season of our lives…….and folks literally believe 9 wins is going to happen…….or 7 is the floor……….people are not living in reality.

Tennessee could certainly win more than they should…….because we don’t know. This is all new…….but don’t handicap this team……by living in an alternate universe where this is still the 90’s Tennessee………we have seen 9 losing seasons over the past 13. We have seen zero 10 win seasons over that span and the closest were with Dobbs and everyone knew the team would be good.

But heck…….suddenly Tennessee will be great. I certainly hope so. I will be gladly excited to see Tennessee win 8 games or even more……..however reality says that’s not “probable”……..not impossible…….but not probable……..and I live in reality.
You seem kind of wishy washy… Which reality do you live in?

A

You seem kind of wishy washy… Which reality do you live in?

Lol

Show where the “wishy washy” is please.

I’ve been firm the entire time. My “firmness” is merely my opinion……but I haven’t wavered.

I said I think Tennessee will win 6, also stated one up or down could happen. I would certainly take more. You do get the term wishy washy……right?

VN Store

Back