Holly still can't coach.

Where was all this when we were 15-0 haha..I just want everybody to chill now Annie dad is talking about transferring please try to be positive

Reactions: 1 person
I just call it how it is. I was critical of Barnes before he took his T and stood up for the guy, that was a long time in the making and it had to happen. Lamonte does turn it over recently, and Bone has taken some bad shots up until the last two games. I have no answer for Fulkerson other than he may not be fully healthy and if this is the case then my bad for harping on a guy. Other than that I call it how it is. I also played basketball at a high level I do know the game inside and out. Maybe I should've named the thread Holly still can't coach fundamental basketball or draw good plays out of timeouts or late game situations.

OrangeJuiceJones should have his own thread. That way we don’t have to read his comments. Doesn’t matter if the Vols or Lady Vols win or lose by 50 and it doesn’t matter the sport he will always be negative. I am guessing probably a frustrated Vandy fan.

Maybe I should have used blue font or something. I was joking about people that think Holly was responsible for that foul. I didn't see Holly on the court and I'm sure she didn't request a foul on a three point shot.

It's really a shame that you'd have to blue font that one for this crowd.

i've been as hard or harder on CHW as anyone, since before she was given the keys. i posted last week in the thread "lady vols will win 2018 championship", that I believed this team would lose the next four (A&M, SC, ND & MSST). I could be completely wrong, and may get surprised, but I doubt it.

I'll admit, I thought the LVs would get beat worse, but they were able to get it to OT, so a little credit to CHW. That said, they played into A&M's hands by the slow, methodical, tentative play, that's common to all CHW teams. The best Lady Vols teams pushed the ball up the court. Unfortunately, it's been years since we've seen one of those teams. I understand to an extent, why this particular team doesn't push it - Mercedes Russell. If the LVs could've run the floor more, they would've beat A&M by 20, 'cause Hillsman was actually slower than Russell.

Also, I believe this team could've been better prepared had CHW scheduled Duke, or UNC, or Maryland, or OSU, or Louisville, or some other perennial powerhouse, early in the season. Neither did it help to have so many consecutive home games. While I understand trying to acclimate the freshmen, I believe it helps to get them good competition early in the season. I don't believe Texas, Stanford or the others provided that. Texas is very similar to the LVs, still overrated, and a coaching staff very similar to the LVs.

I wish as much as anyone that the LVs return to the glory days of old, sooner vs later, but I have some serious doubts. I predict 9 regular season losses and I don't see much more than a sweet 16 from this team. That may be all that's expected given the freshmen. I believe it would've helped if they'd been given a little more freedom, to just play the game, while playing some of the cupcakes. It would've also helped to get the other posts (Harris & Kushkituah) as much time on the floor as possible when playing cupcakes, vs running up the score. By the way, CHW said the coaching staff believed Kushkituah was the best post in her class - is she injured? Why isn't she playing?

In the words of CPS - "Here's how I'm going to beat you. I'm going to outwork you. That's it. That's all there is to it."

"You can't always be the most talented person in the room. But you can be the most competitive."

"We do not win championships with girls. We win with competitors"

"There is always someone better than you. Whatever it is that you do for a living, chances are, you will run into a situation in which you are not as talented as the person next to you. That's when being a competitor can make a difference in your fortunes."

"There is nothing wrong with having competitive instincts. They are survival instincts."

I don't think CHW has that competitive fire, so it's hard to teach it to others.

Reactions: 3 people
Do you work in the program? What do you know about how they’re being coached, what’s being said to them, etc.? If you don’t work in the program you know nothing.

Should not comment on this but...No, Nothing, I know somethings Coached 25 yrs. How bout you?

Last edited:
I found myself coming back today really to apologize to some Vol fans I seem to have angered. I should've probably kept my original post just to myself, and days afterwards now I am embarrassed to have spouted that off like I did. I'd like to apologize for this. I am, believe it or not, ALL VOL.

Reactions: 5 people
I found myself coming back today really to apologize to some Vol fans I seem to have angered. I should've probably kept my original post just to myself, and days afterwards now I am embarrassed to have spouted that off like I did. I'd like to apologize for this. I am, believe it or not, ALL VOL.

Were all passionate about the Vols and Lady Vols appreciate this post.

Holly is not one of the top ten coaches, and I highly doubt a bunch of teams have her on their list as the most wanted coach in women’s basketball. That being said, let’s wait to see what happens to this team. A lot of the things we are blaming on the players can be corrected by good coaching. At one point we have to evaluate why every year some of us are blaming the players. Most of the time, when players are the reason for losing year after year, you have to question who is in control of the team. I coached for many years and accepted the responsibility for my teams failures. Whatever failures we had I worked to correct them.

Reactions: 3 people
I said what I said! All 3 years I’ve been here, never seen him/her in this forum!

That's because they have been too busy tearing down the football program to come over to this forum with their "fire the coaches" attitude. Now that their job is done over there, it's time to focus on disrupting other programs.

Reactions: 5 people
That's because they have been too busy tearing down the football program to come over to this forum with their "fire the coaches" attitude. Now that their job is done over there, it's time to focus on disrupting other programs.

Some only show when they see an opportunity to sow hate and discontent. 😖

Reactions: 7 people
Some only show when they see an opportunity to sow hate and discontent. 😖

I stayed off the board for 24 hours after the loss because I knew these types would invade like a pack of zombies.

The win streak gave us a nice respite. So, here is hoping that the LVs reel off another bunch of consecutive wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

That’s crazy! I don’t see how so much negativity could consume some posters! It gets old, quick!

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back