Holly still can't coach.

I just call it how it is. I was critical of Barnes before he took his T and stood up for the guy, that was a long time in the making and it had to happen. Lamonte does turn it over recently, and Bone has taken some bad shots up until the last two games. I have no answer for Fulkerson other than he may not be fully healthy and if this is the case then my bad for harping on a guy. Other than that I call it how it is. I also played basketball at a high level I do know the game inside and out. Maybe I should've named the thread Holly still can't coach fundamental basketball or draw good plays out of timeouts or late game situations.

Turns it over recently? He has 3 turnovers total in SEC play: 1 against Arkansas, 1 against Auburn, and 1 against Kentucky. So, for all that basketball knowledge you have, you certainly can't count.

Reactions: 2 people
Turns it over recently? He has 3 turnovers total in SEC play: 1 against Arkansas, 1 against Auburn, and 1 against Kentucky. So, for all that basketball knowledge you have, you certainly can't count.

His minutes were also cut down a little for the previous turnover problem and has played better the past two weeks. I guess you can't read either seeing that I came back yesterday to apologize for my rant. And you're the one still complaining.

You are crazy. We were playing 3 freshman most of the time. You just can't see what the problem was the last 2 years.

And who did SC have on the court? The win is important for standing, but this was not an example of good coaching. They played down to a watered down SC team until the hit the accelerator the last five minutes. Hardly reason for the "Holly 4 President!" bumper stickers.

Where was all this when we were 15-0 haha..I just want everybody to chill now Annie dad is talking about transferring please try to be positive

Where is Annie's dad talking about her transferring. See this is the biggest problem in college ball these days. PARENTS. Back in the day parents were just so happy that child had a full ride to college. They told their kids to work hard, listen to the coaches, and the parents kept their noses out of it. This does not happen anymore.

BTW. I want Annie here. She is my favorite. I, also, want those sisters of hers at UT the future. I wish we would start all 3 freshman, but Annie off the bench usually ends up with more minutes than others do.

Last edited:
Where is Annie's dad talking about her transferring. See this is the biggest problem in college ball these days. PARENTS. Back in the day parents were just so happy that child had a full ride to college. They told their kids to work hard, listen to the coaches, and the parents kept their noses out of it. This does not happen anymore.

BTW. I want Annie here. She is my favorite. I, also, want those sisters of hers at UT the future. I wish we would start all 3 freshman, but Annie off the bench usually ends up with more minutes than others do.

Another poster said he (posted) apologized because he was speaking off emotion. Also said that Annie stated that she wanted to be a LV. So take it for what it’s worth.

Reactions: 1 person
I've been a major critic of Holly's but I'm actually quite pleased with the job she's done this year. Especially today, I thought she made some good play calls and substitutions that ended up making a big difference. The team rebounded extremely well from the tough road loss and played a good game today.

When you look at the season as a whole, the following areas have been much better compared to previous seasons:

1. Effort. Plain and simple, the players want to win and do their best. I never got that feeling the last couple of years. We'd go through stretches of good play and then have long lapses that would kill us. Hasn't happened this year.

2. Unselfish play. You don't see a lot of forced shots compared to previous years. Westbrook, Hayes, Jackson and Nared are all unselfish players and as a result, players are getting better looks.

3. Emphasis on post play. Russell is getting a lot of good looks this year and it's because there is less dribbling on the perimeter with poor shots being jacked up.

4. Confidence. This might be the biggest one. When opponents go on a run, we haven't cracked. We absorb it, and then take the momentum back. It happened today, against Texas, and against Stanford.

Here's where we could use some improvement:
1. End of quarter awareness-the guards rarely stop to hold for one shot. A lot of times they'll take shots way too early in the shot clock and give opponents a chance to score at the end of the quarter.

2. Late game fouls--cost us the A&M and nearly cost us the Marquette game

3. Turnovers are high, which is to be expected with a young crop of players, but many of these can easily be cleaned up and need to be cleaned up as the season continues.

The SEC is not going to be easy, and I expect a few losses along the way, but if we end the regular season with just 4-5 losses I'll be very pleased.

Reactions: 6 people
LV's are 16-1 at this point in the season. Losers are going to continue to whine about Holly but how can you complain about 16-1 without showing your ass?

Reactions: 10 people
I've been a major critic of Holly's but I'm actually quite pleased with the job she's done this year. Especially today, I thought she made some good play calls and substitutions that ended up making a big difference. The team rebounded extremely well from the tough road loss and played a good game today.

When you look at the season as a whole, the following areas have been much better compared to previous seasons:

1. Effort. Plain and simple, the players want to win and do their best. I never got that feeling the last couple of years. We'd go through stretches of good play and then have long lapses that would kill us. Hasn't happened this year.

2. Unselfish play. You don't see a lot of forced shots compared to previous years. Westbrook, Hayes, Jackson and Nared are all unselfish players and as a result, players are getting better looks.

3. Emphasis on post play. Russell is getting a lot of good looks this year and it's because there is less dribbling on the perimeter with poor shots being jacked up.

4. Confidence. This might be the biggest one. When opponents go on a run, we haven't cracked. We absorb it, and then take the momentum back. It happened today, against Texas, and against Stanford.

Here's where we could use some improvement:
1. End of quarter awareness-the guards rarely stop to hold for one shot. A lot of times they'll take shots way too early in the shot clock and give opponents a chance to score at the end of the quarter.

2. Late game fouls--cost us the A&M and nearly cost us the Marquette game

3. Turnovers are high, which is to be expected with a young crop of players, but many of these can easily be cleaned up and need to be cleaned up as the season continues.

The SEC is not going to be easy, and I expect a few losses along the way, but if we end the regular season with just 4-5 losses I'll be very pleased.

I agree with your post. I believe 26-3 is the best won-lost record the LVs can achieve. A 24-5 record is a significant improvement over last year's regular season record of 19-10.

I've followed the progress and the Ws, and I stayed away from here after the A & M meltdown - didn't want to be accused of piling on.

So here's my piece about Holly. She was obviously the good cop back when Pat was lighting the women up and locking them out and not letting them wash clothes. I don't expect her to become a raging ogre, I simply wish Holly would sit somebody after at least TWO dumb/lackadaisical plays in a short span. I say two - not one - otherwise it'd be a revolving door at the scorer's table.

That's it, really. She gets full credit for bringing in these dynamic freshmen. (Hayes is my favorite and I've always stayed away from picking favorites.) This has definitely been a year of addition by subtraction. Now if we will only value possessions a little more, this can be a special year reminiscent of times past.

VN Store

Back