Holly is the woman version of Calipari

It's not even comparable.

Womens basketball has little parity and the gap between the "blue bloods" and the rest of the pack is absolutely enormous. Easier sport, at one of the few blue blood programs, recruits well, and Holly hasn't even come to close to a title.

Calipari has had giant moments of ineptitude (2015 vs. Wisconsin being his crowing achievement in futility), but you don't just accidentally make the deep runs in the tourney over and over by being just a recruiter.

Reactions: cutiepie5
While there are similarities, there is no way in hell Cal would allow poor effort and passively fold his arms like Holly does without saying anything. I used to sit behind the bench when he coached at Memphis and his mouth is something else. Lol. He knows how to light a fire under their azzes for sure. I’ve heard him say some CRAZY sh_t to his players but they responded and the former ones all still very much love and respect him! Lololol
Holly had an asst. coach that didn't care for all the clapping hands and foot stomps, but you see where she is, back in Kentucky.

I believe that CHW can become a good coach if she will cast off her "assistant coach" mentality and accept fully the leadership responsibilities of a head coach.

Blame Phil for extending her contract.

I do blame Phil for it. It was his first test and IMO he failed it. I was very disappointed. An AD needs to know sports but a lot of other things as well. I wondered if he learned why his butt got fired ..... evidently not.

Reactions: alaVOL
It’s fine. I’ve stopped watching them at this point. Luckily the men are getting it done now.

Oh, so you are that guy on the other side of the "No Lady Vols" room at the bar. Wave your hands in the air, maybe I will spot you in the crowd.

I do blame Phil for it. It was his first test and IMO he failed it. I was very disappointed. An AD needs to know sports but a lot of other things as well. I wondered if he learned why his butt got fired ..... evidently not.

I am just waiting for him to show up at a local Shoney's. With his lawyer.

Holly will never get The Lady Vols in the 10 consistently even with top 3 talent.

Holly will never get The Lady Vols in the 10 consistently even with top 3 talent.
Holly Warlick has the potential to become an elite WCBB head coach. She spent 30 years as an assistant coach. This is the albatross around her neck. She can reach her potential if she realizes this and begins to coach like a head coach instead of an assistant coach.

Holly Warlick has the potential to become an elite WCBB head coach. She spent 30 years as an assistant coach. This is the albatross around her neck. She can reach her potential if she realizes this and begins to coach like a head coach instead of an assistant coach.

Sounds like the grand transition plan went something like this ...

OK everyone. We've have an idea on who to hand the reigns of the #1 WCBB program in the nation to. It's a coach with no HC experience and we expect it to take at least a decade before the candidate can transition a career of assisting into a mindset of being a real head coach. What does everyone think?

... well, are their any more ehhhh more ehhhhh qualified candidates?

Nope. What coach could possibly want a $1M per year gig, with rabid fanbase, 20K+ in attendance regularly, and HS talent begging to send them to the Final Four regularly? Nope, she's the best we could hope for. Better take what you can get at this point. Have you seen our football program?

... uhhhh OK. Sign her up then.

Reactions: T.J. and vettefool
Sounds like the grand transition plan went something like this ...

OK everyone. We've have an idea on who to hand the reigns of the #1 WCBB program in the nation to. It's a coach with no HC experience and we expect it to take at least a decade before the candidate can transition a career of assisting into a mindset of being a real head coach. What does everyone think?

... well, are their any more ehhhh more ehhhhh qualified candidates?

Nope. What coach could possibly want a $1M per year gig, with rabid fanbase, 20K+ in attendance regularly, and HS talent begging to send them to the Final Four regularly? Nope, she's the best we could hope for. Better take what you can get at this point. Have you seen our football program?

... uhhhh OK. Sign her up then.

Well Holly isn't going to start coaching or behaving differently after all these years doing it one way....

And she is HC because Pat wanted her as the person to lead the Lady Vols.

Well Holly isn't going to start coaching or behaving differently after all these years doing it one way....

And she is HC because Pat wanted her as the person to lead the Lady Vols.

Both of these are true. Hopefully somehow you're wrong @ #1.

You're really using the word "potential" (twice) for a 60 year old coach with decades of experience???

giphy.gif

I'm not sure if y'all watch the NBA but Calapari has a lot of players playing and doing well.

Calipari has coached Kentucky to four Final Fours, in 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015. As a college coach, Calipari has 21 20-win seasons, eight 30-win seasons, and three 35-win seasons.
I think he has done pretty well.

Coach K started recruiting one and done's and everyone thinks he's wonderful and it's okay since he is doing it now. Coach Cal has been vilified for it.

Good luck to the Lady Vols the rest of the season.

Reactions: alaVOL and ruvol
Let her retire. She has the years to get good money. She is an assistant not head. Get someone in there now and save the Lady Vols

Fulmer doesn't want to stir up a hornet's nest. I don't blame him. I wouldn't either.

Women's basketball isn't important enough for him to rile a lot of the fans. It's not worth the hassle.
Sadly, that is probably true.

When will she reach that “potential”? She is 60 years old and has been a head coach for almost a decade. Not everyone can be a head coach, some are better as assistant coaches

Coach K and Coach Calipari are the two best examples of one and done basketball players and Warlick and her staff are a prime example of poor player development.

VN Store

Back