Holgersen To Houston???

Still, you play in the B12. The AAC has had an undefeated champion for 2 years in a row and didn't sniff a playoff spot.

Granted a few years ago Houston had it all lined up pretty well that had they won out, they likely would have gotten a playoff spot, but the chances of that perfect storm happening again is pretty low.
All im saying is maybe motivation for a guy to leave is less pressure, ease of cruitin, or he likes to fish for red snapper. Maybe his wife is tired of Morgantown. I left a high pressure engineering management job to do consulting and ultimately start my own restaurant. I make less money but I got to do things, coach and watch my son play sports. And I'm still alive and happy don't know that would have been the case if I stayed. Money aint everything imo.

That is irrelevant to the point..
What was the point? You can take the big 12 wva job if it means that much to you;). All i'm saying is if CDH wants to leave for Houston it could be for any of a myriad of reasons and Im sure he knows that that the cougs are in the AAC. Maybe money or maybe he wants to win a conf title... idk.

Let the “Saban goes home to West Virginia” rumors begin.

He needs a reason for another big pay raise.

Maybe hes thinking there will be conference realignment soon and Houston is one of the next schools to join one of the power 5. He also knows that hes losing his QB and best wr and could be looking to jump ship before it sinks.

Reactions: Zues1
Guess who is now short listed to take the WVU job. Get ready to become Champions of Life, Mountaineers!

If anyone is still thinking "I wish the SEC had invited WVU," here is another example of why it's a terrible idea. If G5 Houston is a more desirable job than WVU, then WVU has no business anywhere near the SEC.

Reactions: 05_never_again
If anyone is still thinking "I wish the SEC had invited WVU," here is another example of why it's a terrible idea. If G5 Houston is a more desirable job than WVU, then WVU has no business anywhere near the SEC.

True. Holgorson was >this< far from being canned anyway....he was very smart to jump while he still had some cachet.

Confused. How would a coach at a P5 school be a top target by Houston.
I think Holgorsen had been looking for an opportunity to leave WV for a while. He was on something of a hot seat this year and they had grown kind of frustrated with him not being able to more consistently contend in the Big 12.

I think Houston probably believes Holgorsen can get them back to where they were under Herman or Sumlin, when they were a BCS buster-type of program. He'll have to take down UCF though, something those guys didn't have to do. Houston can pay, and they are the only non-P5 school to have ever signed a 5-star recruit.

I think Holgorsen had been looking for an opportunity to leave WV for a while. He was on something of a hot seat this year and they had grown kind of frustrated with him not being able to more consistently contend in the Big 12.

I think Houston probably believes Holgorsen can get them back to where they were under Herman or Sumlin, when they were a BCS buster-type of program. He'll have to take down UCF though, something those guys didn't have to do. Houston can pay, and they are the only non-P5 school to have ever signed a 5-star recruit.

From a professional standpoint it wreaks of non competitiveness by Holgorsen.

Wv been waiting for someone to take him. He never fitted in and that is why they never renegotiated for another contract. Plus they lose a bunch of players this yr and it was as good as he was going to get. He also is not well liked in the coaching world either. Talks a lot of shyt to players from the other team and burns a lot of bridges. Plus he has had a few alcohol incidents over the years that they continue to hide a little more than they wanted to express. Funny state on there football and just not a fan favorite.

Reactions: 05_never_again
Lots of oil money and football recruits there though. Two or three years at Cougar High establishing recruiting ties and taking Tilman's money then give T Boone a call at Okie Lite.

Gundy's relationship with Pickens has always been on quick sand and Tilman's money wasn't enough to keep Briles, Sumlin or Herman in Houston.
arent those oil dudes losing money these days ?

Wv been waiting for someone to take him. He never fitted in and that is why they never renegotiated for another contract. Plus they lose a bunch of players this yr and it was as good as he was going to get. He also is not well liked in the coaching world either. Talks a lot of shyt to players from the other team and burns a lot of bridges. Plus he has had a few alcohol incidents over the years that they continue to hide a little more than they wanted to express. Funny state on there football and just not a fan favorite.
how was he not a fit? His offense was page taken from a scheme that had worked before at WVU. probably even better than Rich Rod

how was he not a fit? His offense was page taken from a scheme that had worked before at WVU. probably even better than Rich Rod
Personality wise. Huggins b-ball coach does ads etc for the school cancer hospital etc and Holgerson does nothing. He drinks a tad too much also and the women of choice are not real old. Offense is fine just both parties want a separation and both were hoping for the right set up and Houston was the right thing. It should be Fickell from Cincinnati or Brown from Troy.

What was the point? You can take the big 12 wva job if it means that much to you;). All i'm saying is if CDH wants to leave for Houston it could be for any of a myriad of reasons and Im sure he knows that that the cougs are in the AAC. Maybe money or maybe he wants to win a conf title... idk.

According to the article, he really loves Houston, missed living there when he left 10 years ago. visited 4 or 5 times a year when he could just to go and hang out and visit friends. It was a social move for him, and with his WV record, his time was probably winding down at WVU. This is like retirement without retiring for him. It's where he wants to be as far as towns go.

Houston isn't the cushy job some think it is. I read a recent article that interviewed their AD and they expect their coach to produce results, if they don't they will be fired very quickly.

Houston isn't the cushy job some think it is. I read a recent article that interviewed their AD and they expect their coach to produce results, if they don't they will be fired very quickly.
With that recruiting area he shouldn't have any problems producing 9-3 or 10-2 and Houston will keep him around for that IMO.

I love the mountains, don't get me wrong.

I've been approximately 5% impressed with any part of West Virginia I've ever been to. East Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Western North Carolina, and even Eastern Kentucky are all infinitely more appealing than West Virginia.
Being born and raised in East Tennessee and having lived in Western North Carolina for the past 18 years I completely agree

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back