Holgersen To Houston???

BUBear

Football On The Brazos
Brett McMurphy

@Brett_McMurphy

Houston plans on firing Major Applewhite, @38Godfrey reports. Source told @WatchStadium, the whole situation "is still being evaluated." If Applewhite is fired, WVU’s Dana Holgorsen could be top target, @38Godfrey reports

2:31 PM - Dec 29, 2018

Tubberville set the precedent when he left Texas Tech for Cincy...

and Tilman Fertitta writes big checks.

Confused. How would a coach at a P5 school be a top target by Houston.
I have no idea if any of this is true (rumor of Dana being a target) but here are some reasons
1) Its WVA and a beautiful place but hard to get to anywhere without a longish drive.
2) Texas is a smidge better recruiting area than West Va and you can make a dang good living off A&M and longhorn leftovers.
3) Houston has plenty of money they might make him say no.

I have no idea if any of this is true (rumor of Dana being a target) but here are some reasons
1) Its WVA and a beautiful place but hard to get to anywhere without a longish drive.
2) Texas is a smidge better recruiting area than West Va and you can make a dang good living off A&M and longhorn leftovers.

So. No one gives a damn about the conference Houston plays in.

So. No one gives a damn about the conference Houston plays in.
Ummm No? I'm not taking the job... Look at it this way he is avg at best at WVA at about 8-4 over his tenure there. Its WVA and they aint gonna fire a guy at 9-3 8-4 and he just had his Bright spot QB for this decade and wasn't able to cash in.
No chance that 8-4 from the big 12 is gonna be in the PLayoff anyhow. Why not go to a place where things are a bit easier in the AAC and get to recruit Texas and LA?

Houston has all the money, but you still play Texas, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, Okie state ever year. That's a lot of games in and around Texas, so you can still recruit to that.

Reactions: bag12day
appalachian mountains>Houston
WVA is a beautiful state. All states have their rough spots.
I love the mountains, don't get me wrong.

I've been approximately 5% impressed with any part of West Virginia I've ever been to. East Tennessee, Southwest Virginia, Western North Carolina, and even Eastern Kentucky are all infinitely more appealing than West Virginia.

Reactions: VeeOhElEsYes
Lots of Big oil money in Houston.....Probably could buy the whole state of West Virginia

Have you ever been to Stinkadena Tx?
Lots of oil money and football recruits there though. Two or three years at Cougar High establishing recruiting ties and taking Tilman's money then give T Boone a call at Okie Lite.

Gundy's relationship with Pickens has always been on quick sand and Tilman's money wasn't enough to keep Briles, Sumlin or Herman in Houston.

Ummm No? I'm not taking the job... Look at it this way he is avg at best at WVA at about 8-4 over his tenure there. Its WVA and they aint gonna fire a guy at 9-3 8-4 and he just had his Bright spot QB for this decade and wasn't able to cash in.
No chance that 8-4 from the big 12 is gonna be in the PLayoff anyhow. Why not go to a place where things are a bit easier in the AAC and get to recruit Texas and LA?

Still, you play in the B12. The AAC has had an undefeated champion for 2 years in a row and didn't sniff a playoff spot.

Granted a few years ago Houston had it all lined up pretty well that had they won out, they likely would have gotten a playoff spot, but the chances of that perfect storm happening again is pretty low.

VN Store

Back