High School Jamboree

Speaking of High School Fball, what do you guys think of the new mercy rule? If you haven't heard about it, if a team is up by 30+ points the clock does not stop.
I dont like the rule at all but if think if they are going to do it, it should be a bigger margin. In high school football at team can make huge comebacks. Its alot easier for stuff like that to happen in high school, then in college or the NFL. I think a game should be played the way it is and if a team is outmatched then they are outmatched. Eveyones been on the losing side of a blowout and I still think mercy rule shouldnt be in play.

True, but if the margin falls back below 35 they go back to regular timing. I coach middle school football in Giles Co. and I liked the rule Thursday because we got smoked!!

True, but if the margin falls back below 35 they go back to regular timing. I coach middle school football in Giles Co. and I liked the rule Thursday because we got smoked!!
Who did you play?Do you ever play Central or Smyrna Middle?

We played Bridgeforth. We are the South Giles Eagles, which is a combo of Elkton and Minor Hill School.9I coach girls bball at MH) We play Richland,Cornersville, Mt. Pleasant and teams like that.

I went to half of the ones at Farragut because I played in one of them
CAK dominated the one with Powell 14-0 and were driving to score at the end. Powell couldnt stop any of CAKs drives. CAKs passing offense was great and the no huddle kept Powell from adjusting before the snap. CAK did well running the ball too. CAK should be a very good team this year.

Webb pretty much dominated over Karns 14-0. Karns looks pretty bad but they havent looked good in a while. Webb ran the ball great but from what it looked like they can't pass the ball very well at all. All the passes were knocked down or dropped except a couple. They'll probably have to stick to mostly running the ball this year.

Fulton and West was 7-7 I think. Fulton was dominating early on but who ever #24 is for West, he made two very long plays at the end and kept West in the game. He was a little guy but incredibly fast. Fulton looked fast as always but are undersized.Our team left after that so i dont know on the rest.

If I remember correctly, Fulton had was leading 8-6 when West scored that second TD by #24 Jake Klotzbach. I don't remember if they kicked the xp or went for two but I'm pretty sure they won.

I went to half of the ones at Farragut because I played in one of them
CAK dominated the one with Powell 14-0 and were driving to score at the end. Powell couldnt stop any of CAKs drives. CAKs passing offense was great and the no huddle kept Powell from adjusting before the snap. CAK did well running the ball too. CAK should be a very good team this year.

Webb pretty much dominated over Karns 14-0. Karns looks pretty bad but they havent looked good in a while. Webb ran the ball great but from what it looked like they can't pass the ball very well at all. All the passes were knocked down or dropped except a couple. They'll probably have to stick to mostly running the ball this year.

It's surreal to me that in East Tennessee two small private schools would dominate two much larger public schools in football. Golf or tennis, maybe. But football? Things there have changed quite a bit since I went to HS there.

My dad was a TSSAA official for 25 years, and said the concept isn't anythin new. If the team is up by 35, and the coaches agree, they could just shorten the quarters. That's the way it used to be.

my cousin plays for Gatlinburg-Pittman and he was on the team when they got stomped by Alcoa I think it was a couple years ago 81-7 or something like that :birgits_giggle:

SIcEmSmokey33, I think we play you this year on Oct. 2nd. My son plays for Highland Rim School. We won 16 to 0 tonight against the Unity Lions in our jamboree.

Dickson Co. lost to Brentwood Academy 7-3. Chris Jordan only played a few series, I was dissapointed in that.

Farragut...My good friend went to Ooltewah High School and has some horrible nicknames for them.

I never played them anyway. When I was at FHS our region was Bearden, Oak Ridge, Heritage, William Blount and Karns I believe.

It's surreal to me that in East Tennessee two small private schools would dominate two much larger public schools in football. Golf or tennis, maybe. But football? Things there have changed quite a bit since I went to HS there.

The CAK-Powell one is surprising, but Karns has sucked for years.

VN Store

Back