Heupel to Oklahoma?

This reminds of when there were threads about Dooley leaving us for UGA

Dooley to UGA, Jones to Michigan, Pruitt to Alabama.

200w.gif

Only because we're Tennessee and my BVS is real I could see a scenario where Oklahomas top 5 or 6 candidates say no and they get Heupel. Then we have zero interest in our job and Danny White hires another coach he's worked with before in Scott Frost as Nebraska boots him out the door.

This article seems to think so:

How USC's head coaching search could impact Josh Heupel

Says Riley may leave for USC job. If so, Heupel could fill that void because of his roots.

Does not mention he was once let go from there.

Now, I don’t remember any of you guys predicting Kiffen to USC but I remember the fear of y’all being worried Dooley was going to Georgia, Butch to Michigan (or somewhere) and, funniest of all, Pruitt to Bama.

Now, how many of y’all are worried he’s gonna leave us for Oklahoma?

I am quite sure he would go considering he has a quarterback waiting for him there!

Vols fans are nothing if not predictable. Any random click bait monster put out a wild ass rumor and Vol fans lose their damn minds clicking on the article and the click bait monster gets exactly what they want. Stay golden Vol fans.

Reactions: tbh

Says Riley may leave for USC job. If so, Heupel could fill that void because of his roots.

Now, I don’t remember any of you guys predicting Kiffen to USC but I remember the fear of y’all being worried Dooley was going to Georgia, Butch to Michigan (or somewhere) and, funniest of all, Pruitt to Bama.

OU is not going to take chance on him after two games at UT.

I also would bet a large amount that Riley isn't going to so cal. For one thing, it's not a step up from OU, or if it is, its a really small one. OU is definitely a top 10 program nationally, and if you go back just a decade top 5. Could even be considered top 5 overall historically.

Plus, why would so cal want Riley anyway? He hasn't proven he can field a defense worth a crap. I wouldn't want him if I were SC, frankly.

Vols fans are nothing if not predictable. Any random click bait monster put out a wild ass rumor and Vol fans lose their damn minds clicking on the article and the click bait monster gets exactly what they want. Stay golden Vol fans.

It was a click bait thread, too. Glad to see you.

For one, Oklahoma isn't that dumb to hire Heupel, they can do much better. For two, I could care less if they did. I've already lost faith in Heupel after that 4 and inches play call on Saturday. We will probably be firing him in the next four years and starting over anyways.

Not saying I would want it to happen, not really sure at this point, but Honestly, how much worse would we be off? Not much, we've already been irrelevant for so long. It's not like it's gonna set us back any more.

Yeah, I’m looking forward to getting turned down by the big name coaches again. 🙄

Don’t tease me with a good time. Maybe he goes to Oklahoma and Danny White hires Hugh Freeze or Art Briles since they are no longer under investigation form NCAA and Briles was cleared of wrong doing.

Don’t tease me with a good time. Maybe he goes to Oklahoma and Danny White hires Hugh Freeze or Art Briles since they are no longer under investigation form NCAA and Briles was cleared of wrong doing.

I highly doubt Briles will get a HC gig at a P5 school ever again.

Reactions: UTwild82
OU is not going to take chance on him after two games at UT.

I also would bet a large amount that Riley isn't going to so cal. For one thing, it's not a step up from OU, or if it is, its a really small one. OU is definitely a top 10 program nationally, and if you go back just a decade top 5. Could even be considered top 5 overall historically.

Plus, why would so cal want Riley anyway? He hasn't proven he can field a defense worth a crap. I wouldn't want him if I were SC, frankly.
USC path to the playoff is easier than Oklahoma once they join the SEC. Clemson has laid the blue print to dominate in a week conference snd make the playoffs by only playing 1-2 games a year against a good team and still make playoffs.

Reactions: cgrish
If Heupel stays it proves the type of man he really is. For go a nice job that would automatically place him in the top 5 programs in the country, versus staying here and making his own legacy.

He was currently making 6 million at Penn St and we bumped up his salary by 2 million.

Tennessee 'made a run' at Franklin for coaching job

UT was never paying a $30 million buyout to get Franklin, on top of paying him m what it would cost to get him to leave Penn State which would be North of $8 million, and besides that he's not even remotely worth that much.

I honestly doubt Franklin was ever seriously approached, and the "source" was most likely Trace Armstrong trying to get Franklin a raise.

VN Store

Back