Heupel Talks With Media Following Second Scrimmage

He was an SEC QB. An Elite one.
The term "SEC" caliber is dumb, period.
I agree. SEC has great football teams, but I am not sure they necessarily set the standard for QBs. Lots of different skill sets have worked for SEC teams, but not translated to the next level.

Of the 32 starting NFL QBs in 2020, SEC can claim Tannehill, Stafford, Locke, Newton, and Burrow when he is healthy again. It’s a little hard to understand the situation with Tua and Hurts. I may be forgetting someone obvious.

So, maybe 5-6 of 32. Probably about what is expected for a P5 conference.

Last edited:
Reactions: LittleVol
If he's the QB, we MAY beat Vandy. The thunderchickens becomes a toss up game, and we lose to UK. 1 SEC win if he's back there. He's not an SEC talent level QB, period. If Heupel puts him there, we'll find out Heupel is not a SEC level coach IMO.

Not necessarily, if he is the best we got he has to go with him. I am not by any means saying he is, but the coach has to work with the players he has. I want the best qb we have to be on the field whoever that is.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I agree it seems reckless, but it appears his were the only three td we got, it appears others did not have a td.
Have we thought about the possibility that maybe the defense is just starting to play better? I mean, if they held HH and HB out of the end zone all day and intercepted Maurer twice, is it not possible that it’s a credit to the defense rather than a knock on the qbs?

Have we thought about the possibility that maybe the defense is just starting to play better? I mean, if they held HH and HB out of the end zone all day and intercepted Maurer twice, is it not possible that it’s a credit to the defense rather than a knock on the qbs?
I think Heupel said as much in the press conference - something like guys that had been close to making defensive plays stepped up and finished the play.

Maybe more conservative.
2 int to 3 td seems reckless to me
Spring practice is exactly the time to be doing this, a learning situation, with little or nothing to lose, at this time. Coaches can comment and correct, then put him back out there. Rinse and repeat. And get a little wiser, a little better.

Lot of analysis going on here without any real information about what happened. Keep in mind that it is known that Heupel puts his quarterbacks in different situations that stress them, on purpose. He challenges each one in different ways. I wouldn't put a whole lot of thought on the stat line at this point.

This had been a fantastic exercise!!

To see everyone put forth there opinions and analysis towards stats that aren't even correct!!🤣🤣🤣.

I have not a damn clue how anyone did that scrimmage!

Suckas!!!

Thought it was odd that so many people were analyzing speculative stats, true "suckas." Well played.

Reactions: LittleVol
Lot of analysis going on here without any real information about what happened. Keep in mind that it is known that Heupel puts his quarterbacks in different situations that stress them, on purpose. He challenges each one in different ways. I wouldn't put a whole lot of thought on the stat line at this point.
Come to find out, no one knows nothing. @LittleVol pulled out a classic on that one.

VN Store

Back