Heupel social media PR campaign

ChiefTKE

I’m not trying to be negative, but does anyone else get an odd feeling about seeing all of the PR pieces from former players praising Heupel? It just has the taste of “we know we still have to sell this to you because it wasn’t well received...”. I say just let him get to work and do what he can do. The hire has been made and it will either work or it won’t. Feels like a timeshare presentation.

DaddyChad

It’s irrelevant at this point, first time he loses and he will lose plenty this year, people will question the hire. Whether you’re sold or not he’s going to get time, time will prove if he is or isn’t the guy. I’m not sure we will be able to tell anything next year with all the defections, and players that might not be optimal in his system. Improved QB play would be a sign we’re headed in a better direction.

Border Vol

Vol Fan In Deep South Georgia
I’m not trying to be negative, but does anyone else get an odd feeling about seeing all of the PR pieces from former players praising Heupel? It just has the taste of “we know we still have to sell this to you because it wasn’t well received...”. I say just let him get to work and do what he can do. The hire has been made and it will either work or it won’t. Feels like a timeshare presentation.
giphy (9).gif

JVol76V2

No, it's just you.

SayUWantAreVOLution

A coach "levels up" and his friends and former players praise him and congratulate him..... and that's somehow odd?

I'm not really on social media but when I was every engagement, pregnancy, job promotion, graduation, or whatever brought out all kinds of "good for you!" "you deserve it" "you're the best" "you'll be the best...." and all that.

Humans tend to celebrate each other's little victories on social media. That's weird?

BIGAL27

It’s irrelevant at this point, first time he loses and he will lose plenty this year, people will question the hire. Whether you’re sold or not he’s going to get time, time will prove if he is or isn’t the guy. I’m not sure we will be able to tell anything next year with all the defections, and players that might not be optimal in his system. Improved QB play would be a sign we’re headed in a better direction.
I won't with that front 7 on D now way!!!! It's atrocious right now

AstonRoyal

I think it has more to do with recruiting. Not everything is about us lol

ChiefTKE

Then don't be. Start by knocking off the passive aggressive chick BS like this thread.
And stop being such a crappy butt hurt responder. Man, some of you guys are so crappy to other fans. I am behind the hire and I am rooting for him. My observation is that I’ve never seen this tactic in the hiring of a new coach. Some of you are some sour, mom’s basement dwelling babies.

IndianaVol

Old Timer, Quality Poster
Honestly I think all the PR stuff is great.
It's likely going a long way with recruits that probably didn't consider playing for Heupel because he was at UCF.
Now those same recruits take pause and put.that guy with the resources of a Tennessee and it becomes very appealing.

Also.see.it.helping with the middle.aged to older casual UT fan that likely hadn't heard of Heupel before he was hired.

sona

Safety...Always Off.
The campaign is absolutely designed to forge opinion. I haven't paid enough attention to know if they are targeting recruits, the wavering fan base, or both but you can be assured that someone is being targeted.

On that note, I bet their VOL Fan marketing personas are hilarious and I would love to see them.

ChiefTKE

A coach "levels up" and his friends and former players praise him and congratulate him..... and that's somehow odd?

I'm not really on social media but when I was every engagement, pregnancy, job promotion, graduation, or whatever brought out all kinds of "good for you!" "you deserve it" "you're the best" "you'll be the best...." and all that.

Humans tend to celebrate each other's little victories on social media. That's weird?
Agree with you that congrats and well to do’s are normal. This was just TN Football making posts with these quotes in kind of an ad like look. I don’t hate it, or hate the hire... it just kind of struck me as odd. Now that he is hired and is new, I am behind him all the way...I guess I hoped we didn’t need to know what the Texas Tech coach said about him for us to get behind him.

ChiefTKE

Honestly I think all the PR stuff is great.
It's likely going a long way with recruits that probably didn't consider playing for Heupel because he was at UCF.
Now those same recruits take pause and put.that guy with the resources of a Tennessee and it becomes very appealing.

Also.see.it.helping with the middle.aged to older casual UT fan that likely hadn't heard of Heupel before he was hired.
That’s a good thought about the recruits. I looked at it from a fan perspective which is why it may seem kinda different.

ChiefTKE

The campaign is absolutely designed to forge opinion. I haven't paid enough attention to know if they are targeting recruits, the wavering fan base, or both but you can be assured that someone is being targeted.

On that note, I bet their VOL Fan marketing personas are hilarious and I would love to see them.
Wouldn’t you love to be in their marketing meeting when someone says:
describe “vol fan”....

VN Store

Sponsors