Heupel: Great morning playing Dodgeball (merged)

Great idea coach!!!!! Good to see the guys having fun
Great point. This is one thing many people have overlooked for years IMO. You hear all the time, its fun when you win. Unless you've played sports, you probably don't realize just how much having fun contributes to winning. Football is a game, and games are meant to be fun. Think for a minute, when was the last time you watched a UT game, and came away saying, those kids were having fun as a team out there today? If you're being honest with yourself, the answer is not just years, it's many, many years. We absolutely have to make the game fun for our young men, before we can expect different results.

Semi-aside, though seeing the guys busting their butts in the weight room with CJH one day and busting a gut laughing with him the next day playing dodgeball is a VERY good sign we've got a coach with brains, has anyone spotted the players we all wonder about?

Henry T, Crouch, Brown, Big Kat come to mind.

I'll confess, I have a life, so if I've missed something just give me my dozen lashes and I'm good with that, but I'm curious. I'd go on campus myself but I'd stick out like...... well, like a big, old, fat guy wandering around the athletic area.

So coach is building competitiveness and camaraderie through a friendly game of dodgeball. Ok, I can get behind that.
This may be my BVS conspiracy side coming through, but what this tells me is, if he is doing things like this, this early in his tenure, the team was divided and he’s trying to filter that out as quickly as possible. We’ve all thought that could be a real possibility with this team last year.
Of course this is all just an educated guess by me, and trust me, I am highly educated.🤔
GBO!!

Showed this to the Mrs. She said "I think I like this guy."

Later, I said I wonder how many players were rolling their eyes and griping about having to get up and go down there to play dodgeball. But then, they sure seemed to be having a lot of fun.

Reactions: HEAD-VOL
Showed this to the Mrs. She said "I think I like this guy."

Later, I said I wonder how many players were rolling their eyes and griping about having to get up and go down there to play dodgeball. But then, they sure seemed to be having a lot of fun.
You get the message to show up at the building in shorts. This early in the year, I'm thinking suicides and worse.

You get there and it's dodgeball. I'm betting there's no complaints. Though I'm doubting the day ended with just dodgeball.

I got to give him credit he knows how to connect with people....Look at how much fun the team is having!...He carries this over to football season we might have a decent season...Baby steps.

Reactions: BigDave

VN Store

Back