Heupel’s proven to be a leader and winner..

They are gonna be so damn sad when they find out Gus's entire coaching ability evaporated when they made the hurry up substitution rule.

The guy with an anemic offense who used Kevin Steele to keep his job three years longer than he deserved is going to take over one of the worst defenses in CFB and take them to the Peach Bowl. Right.

Dude is the Jeff Fisher of CFB. A fan favorite for other fanbases who didn't watch any of his games.

He doesn’t remind me of Butch at all. Heupel is an innovator. His offenses never took a step back.

We’re taking about a guy who won a NC as a QB, coached a Hiesman trophy winner. Had an elite offense in the SEC as a coordinator and has consistently put out top offenses as a HC.

Butch? Come on man!

How's he on the tuba, thought?

28-8 in the aac which is no indication of what he'll do here. People are reading too much into it. Truth is nobody has a clue what he'll do here. Good be great or another dud or inbetween
I read 28-8 in a conference with similar talent at each school...but I get your point.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
John Madden once commented that you are what your record says you are. Over three years at UCF, Heupel's record was headed south.
Madden famously said during a Super Bowl broadcast that the Patriots should lay up or kneel and play for overtime. Instead they drove down the field and kicked the game winning FG for their first SB win. He liked snot and Brett FARVE!

Ucf is one of the largest universities in the country located in an area loaded with talent. They should dominate the aac

and they recruit the heck out of Atlanta which is a head scratcher for me. Anyway Huepel has my support for the first 2 years and I'll go along with 3 unless the wheels have fallen completely off. That said Heupel is just another 3/4 year guy we'll fire until he proves he's not.

Reactions: Flovol and Mtnvol80
Ucf is one of the largest universities in the country located in an area loaded with talent. They should dominate the aac
They’re at the same level as the lowest enrollment in that conference...it’s the AAC. And they did dominate.

Reactions: 24/7vol
National Champion QB at OU and proven SEC winning offensive coordinator. I like what I’ve seen thus far.

We all know Heupel’s ending at OU ended on a sour note, but it was necessary. Plus he needed to get out and explore on his own. For him to have a job as prestigious as HC of Tennessee Football is quite a prize! Vols football in recent years may be mediocre for their standards but it’s still Tennessee Football and there’s always starting from scratch. Heupel is the face of the resurgence of OU football from 1999-present. He started it all. He paved the way for OU’s continued success as the QB position. I hope Heupel can perform miracles. And if he can do that with Alabama and Georgia continuing to dominate, then Heupel will be a highly sought name in college football and the NFL. Skies the limit and here’s to many better times ahead for the Vols!

The key was finding the right fit, someone who could succeed here, who wanted to be here. Look at Cuonzo Martin, with stops at Missouri State, Tennessee, California, and now seems to have found a perfect fit at Missouri. Martin knew how to be a good head coach, but sometimes it takes the right fit. Heupel seems to be the right fit, at the right time. Time will tell.
JMO,, but I think Cuonzo Martin got a raw
deal as a TN basketball coach. Don't feel he
was given enough time to prove himself
with all the Bruce Pearle hype.

JMO,, but I think Cuonzo Martin got a raw
deal as a TN basketball coach. Don't feel he
was given enough time to prove himself
with all the Bruce Pearle hype.
Cuonzo sucked here. He’s doing a good job now, but the talent he squandered at Cal and Tennessee would say your assumption of not having enough time is wrong. One thing I will give cuonzo credit for is he was always a step ahead. If he stays at either UT or Cal another year, he gets fired, and then there would of been no way to land a job like mizzou. Mizzou was super bad at the time he left Cal, but it’s mizzou. They have a decent basketball history.

Cuonzo had to learn you can’t ball reversal for 25 seconds, looking to get inside, only to Jack up a three and rely on your defense to win games. They actually run some pretty good stuff on offense now, even though I hate to admit that, because I do hate Zo.

Reactions: Remy
and they recruit the heck out of Atlanta which is a head scratcher for me. Anyway Huepel has my support for the first 2 years and I'll go along with 3 unless the wheels have fallen completely off. That said Heupel is just another 3/4 year guy we'll fire until he proves he's not.
If he doesn't work out Les Miles is available

Like the most popular player on any team is the backup QB, there's no one more popular than the head coach before his first game. Time will tell.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
Like the most popular player on any team is the backup QB, there's no one more popular than the head coach before his first game. Time will tell.
He checks a lot of boxes, I will just say that.

Guy has averaged 38 ppg during his coaching career, a majority of that in the P5. That's ridiculous.

Recruit and defend, the wins will come.

Cuonzo sucked here. He’s doing a good job now, but the talent he squandered at Cal and Tennessee would say your assumption of not having enough time is wrong. One thing I will give cuonzo credit for is he was always a step ahead. If he stays at either UT or Cal another year, he gets fired, and then there would of been no way to land a job like mizzou. Mizzou was super bad at the time he left Cal, but it’s mizzou. They have a decent basketball history.

Cuonzo had to learn you can’t ball reversal for 25 seconds, looking to get inside, only to Jack up a three and rely on your defense to win games. They actually run some pretty good stuff on offense now, even though I hate to admit that, because I do hate Zo.
Well you showed me something in your
post I didn't know. I learned something.
I'm not a mizzou fan either. Thanks for the
response.

I think Heupel is a huge upgrade over Pruitt and Dooley, lets see if he can surpass Butch.....

After reading a few articles on Butch I had forgotten? If Heupel is even reasonably competent? And doesn't run off good players the way Butch did? That should not be a monumental task, even with heavy sanctions for a year or two.

VN Store

Back