Here's how every SEC football team will fare in 2022 standings

Probably going into the Iron Bowl 5-6, beat bama, keep them out of the SEC and maybe even Playoffs. Win bowl game easily, and end with a ton of momentum and have to extend Harsin.

It has been proven that even if Bama doesn't win their division they still won't be kept out of the playoffs. Truly sad, but true.

My predictions for Florida.

I’m about as unsure about a Florida team as I can ever recall. I know nobody’s giving them any respect, while also giving Anthony Richardson tons of respect. If I had to guess right now, I’d go:

Utah - W
Kentucky - L
South FL - W
@tennessee - L
E Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - L
Georgia - L
@aTm - L
So Carolina - W
@Vandy - W
@FSU - W
7-5 overall.

Best case scenario:

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
South FL - W
@tennessee - L
E Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - W
Georgia - L
@aTm - L
So Carolina - W
@Vandy - W
@FSU - W
9-3 overall.
You guys arent beating Utah.

You guys arent beating Utah.

I think UF has a better chance against Utah than Kentucky and Tennessee.

First game, nutty night environment in the Swamp, heat index unlike anything Utah has ever experienced (yes even at night). I like Florida in that game but that in no way should make anyone think I believe Florida is much above average overall.

I think UF has a better chance against Utah than Kentucky and Tennessee.

First game, nutty night environment in the Swamp, heat index unlike anything Utah has ever experienced (yes even at night). I like Florida in that game but that in no way should make anyone think I believe Florida is much above average overall.
Good luck. . . not really. Utah is coming in to prove a point. It's their biggest game of the year. They think they can make the playoffs and beating the piss out of an SEC team will help their resume a lot. . . even though Florida blows and has their Dooley in charge now, people in Utah's conference only see SEC. Florida will be lucky to score 10 on them.

Florida is wayyyy underrated. I’ll get killed for that but they have more blue chip players than anyone in the East besides Georgia (reference the recent SDS article that gave the percentages). And Richardson is the most talented QB in the East. Accomplished no. Talented, it’s pretty easy to see he’s got more raw talent than Bennet, Levis, and Hooker.

I’m selling on UK (Wandale did too much for them last year and they may not have Rodriguez early). I’ll buy Florida. And I’ll root for the Vols!

Reactions: Jaws
Good luck. . . not really. Utah is coming in to prove a point. It's their biggest game of the year. They think they can make the playoffs and beating the piss out of an SEC team will help their resume a lot. . . even though Florida blows and has their Dooley in charge now, people in Utah's conference only see SEC. Florida will be lucky to score 10 on them.

You think Utah’s gonna “beat the piss” out of Florida in the Swamp.

Got it.

So 7 wins would be disappointing when we're projected at 7.5? Lol. You do realize 7 or fewer wins takes up half of all probabilities? That's like saying 8 wins would be a surprise.

Either 7 or 8 wins are "expected" and equally so.

Vegas projections aren’t what we are talking about. We won 7 games last year. We did that under a new HC, depleted roster, new system and a new staff. Now we are in year 2. We have one of the best QB/WR combos in the nation. High powered offense and another year under Heupels system. We also have shored up the roster.

And you are trying to say that if we were to only win the same amount of games last year, that that’s ok??? No it’s not. Given what I just said, how would winning 7 this year be showing any progress at all?

My predictions for Florida.

I’m about as unsure about a Florida team as I can ever recall. I know nobody’s giving them any respect, while also giving Anthony Richardson tons of respect. If I had to guess right now, I’d go:

Utah - W
Kentucky - L
South FL - W
@tennessee - L
E Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - L
Georgia - L
@aTm - L
So Carolina - W
@Vandy - W
@FSU - W
7-5 overall.

Best case scenario:

Utah - W
Kentucky - W
South FL - W
@tennessee - L
E Washington - W
Missouri - W
LSU - W
Georgia - L
@aTm - L
So Carolina - W
@Vandy - W
@FSU - W
9-3 overall.
I could see either one.

Looks like your defense will most certainly be better.

Offense I don't know. Richardson will probably be good. But how often will he turn the ball over? Then Louisiana averaged less yards per play (5.6) than Florida did last year (6.6) that's the thing that doesn't really bode too well to me.

But man I could see Richardson being reaaaally annoying because he's so damn athletic.

You think Utah’s gonna “beat the piss” out of Florida in the Swamp.

Got it.
Glad you got it. Yeah, Utah is gonna flat-out beat the brakes off the Gatas. You're a homer, you're gonna be propping up your gators. Everyone else in America thinks Utah is gonna roll UF.

Reactions: feathersax
Glad you got it. Yeah, Utah is gonna flat-out beat the brakes off the Gatas. You're a homer, you're gonna be propping up your gators. Everyone else in America thinks Utah is gonna roll UF.

Not me. I think UF beats them. I get the bad feeling UF is going to be much better than some think.

I’m glad you’re glad I got it.

You call me a homer yet I just picked Florida to go 7-5 with losses to TN and KY. That’s not being a Florida homer.

I happen to believe Utah has no idea what they’re about to walk in to. They’re a very good team, well-coached, proud program, etc, but there are levels to this.

I like Florida in the Swamp in the opener.

Reactions: feathersax
I could see either one.

Looks like your defense will most certainly be better.

Offense I don't know. Richardson will probably be good. But how often will he turn the ball over? Then Louisiana averaged less yards per play (5.6) than Florida did last year (6.6) that's the thing that doesn't really bode too well to me.

But man I could see Richardson being reaaaally annoying because he's so damn athletic.

Very fair take. I agree with all of it. Specifically regarding Florida’s offense, I like every position group except the WR’s. Obviously that’s a critical spot in today’s offenses and I just don’t see any superstars there. There are some guys that have flashed (Shorter, XHenderson, Whittemore) and supposedly the transfer Pearsall has looked excellent, but I need to see it before I stamp it.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
So 7 wins would be disappointing when we're projected at 7.5? Lol. You do realize 7 or fewer wins takes up half of all probabilities? That's like saying 8 wins would be a surprise.

Either 7 or 8 wins are "expected" and equally so.
7 would be disappointing, imo. That would mean we lose to Florida, Pitt, and one of Kentucky or LSU. Same record as last year with just about the same schedule, except we get Kentucky and Florida at home. Really it comes down to beating 1 of Florida, Pitt, or LSU. If we can’t do that I’d be a little disappointed.

🤔

Reactions: SonOfGodVolforlife
UF was fortunate to win but they did. However Utah, lol no way in hell they dont lose a couple more games. They definetly are not a top 10 team and if they are the whole country is going to suck outside the top 4

I look at Utah and I dont see speed. I see a group that is usually coached well and an awesome tight end and big bodies. Whittingham should have taken the 3 points earlier in the game and should have never left his qb to the decision to lose the game. AR is the real deal, UF's defense is suspect. I think they are in the same boat as us honestly with a little less flash on O and slightly better Dline.

VN Store

Back