Here Comes the Recession

A lot of businesses were already thinking of supply chain overhauls based on the tariff situation.

I’m sure a lot will go all in now. I think we’ll see a dramatic change in the sourcing and supply chain landscape from the situation in China.

It’s much worse than most are letting on. Even if you have product, you cannot get a truck to move in the country. Containers are empty.

Apple's sales report today was the first real data.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Whoaaaaaaa!!!

Income inequality and the wealth gap have dramatically INCREASED under Trump.

While Trump boasts of economic growth, inequality deepens

Economy & Politics: Income Gap Grows under Trump, Obama — but So What? | National Review

The top 1 % has 33 percent of the nation's wealth, while the bottom 50 % share just 1.2 % of the nation's wealth.

Not. Sustainable.
So people should be paid more just because? I need to add an extra $100 to the guy who landscapes my yard just because?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Whoaaaaaaa!!!

Income inequality and the wealth gap have dramatically INCREASED under Trump.

While Trump boasts of economic growth, inequality deepens

Economy & Politics: Income Gap Grows under Trump, Obama — but So What? | National Review

The top 1 % has 33 percent of the nation's wealth, while the bottom 50 % share just 1.2 % of the nation's wealth.

Not. Sustainable.

Whoa yourself - from your source here's the original data

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/visualizations/2019/demo/p60-266/figure3.pdf

measures of income equality are down.

wealth inequality is different than income inequality. Bottomline, wage growth has been higher for the lower and middle than the high end thus reducing income inequality. compare that to the pattern during Obama (even the last 4 years).

Whoa yourself - from your source here's the original data

https://www.census.gov/content/dam/Census/library/visualizations/2019/demo/p60-266/figure3.pdf

measures of income equality are down.

wealth inequality is different than income inequality. Bottomline, wage growth has been higher for the lower and middle than the high end thus reducing income inequality. compare that to the pattern during Obama (even the last 4 years).

Are Wages Rising or Flat?

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

In much the same way, a 10% income tax on a $1 million is a lot more than 10% on $75k. Yet the democrats insist that progressive income tax is “fair”.

We definitely have a broken tax system but not in the way dims would think.

Reactions: AM64
Are Wages Rising or Flat?

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.

Even that says they are rising and the link I posted shows the Gini index dropping (a sign that income inequality is getting smaller).

Ironically, Obama took credit for the current economy yesterday - ooops! If it's so bad on wages, inequality and a looming recession guess that's on him.

Even that says they are rising and the link I posted shows the Gini index dropping (a sign that income inequality is getting smaller).

Ironically, Obama took credit for the current economy yesterday - ooops! If it's so bad on wages, inequality and a looming recession guess that's on him.

Yea, it was a pretty dumb move. On edge of an election he just cosigned how awesome the current economy is under the opposition.

I've seen you have several spirited discussions with LG through the years. I can't recall a more thorough whopping than you are giving him right now. Your stuff supports your claim. His stuff supports your claim. The former president taking credit tacitly supports your claim. I wonder if LG will simply give up or will he keep digging a deeper hole?

I've seen you have several spirited discussions with LG through the years. I can't recall a more thorough whopping than you are giving him right now. Your stuff supports your claim. His stuff supports your claim. The former president taking credit tacitly supports your claim. I wonder if LG will simply give up or will he keep digging a deeper hole?
You've seen LG post for years just like I have, he spins the mixer up to high speed and pulls blades out to see what sticks to the wall. Most of the time nothing does so he looks for another "ahhaaa" moment.

Reactions: AM64 and McDad
Saying it's going to happen is not the same as hoping it happens. No one I've seen and take seriously is actively rooting for it but all historical trends say it's inevitable
iu

Reactions: volfanjustin
The key is to keep the House and win the Senate with a Dem president, then immediately get to work restoring some sanity to taxation policy.
Exactly. It is oh so wrong for someone who earns a paycheck to keep more of it.

You're ****ing insane.

They can’t accept that. If you invest $1 million the return on the same investment is gonna be much greater than someone who invested $10k.
Almost. The left thinks that anyone who invests is rich, and therefore should be giving some of their earnings to those that choose to get a Doctorate in Gay Poetry of Yugoslavia in order to pay off their Harvard loans. Or... they think that someone who invests NOTHING should get as much as someone who invests $1 million.

I don't know how many people actually work in the real world. All I can do is speak for myself. The economy is working exactly as it should. Unemployment is so low anyone that really wants to work has a job. Just 2-3 years ago I could find carpenters, decent carpenters for $16/hr, easily. I get laughed at if I offer $16/hr. Same with electricians, welders, HVAC techs, virtually anyone with the slightest amount of skill. It's called supply and demand. The demand is currently greater than the supply driving up labor cost. My labor costs have jumped by at least 20-30% in the last two years.

Reactions: hog88
I wished we had an impartial grading system for arguments here. It would be interesting to track.

Maybe the mods can figure something out. And just for the PF. And just the real debates. Maybe get some third party reviewers. We are big enough to be mentioned in that one political article, we should be big enough to draw in some real brain power. Maybe the mods suggest names and we vote. Or we suggest names and they vote.

Freak can sell it as a anonymous online reality show.

Reactions: McDad
I don't know how many people actually work in the real world. All I can do is speak for myself. The economy is working exactly as it should. Unemployment is so low anyone that really wants to work has a job. Just 2-3 years ago I could find carpenters, decent carpenters for $16/hr, easily. I get laughed at if I offer $16/hr. Same with electricians, welders, HVAC techs, virtually anyone with the slightest amount of skill. It's called supply and demand. The demand is currently greater than the supply driving up labor cost. My labor costs have jumped by at least 20-30% in the last two years.
It's going to self correct. Prices get so high people stop buying because they cant afford, and then value drops. My firm has seen a number of projects dry up because of labor costs.

It's still a bit of a foreign concept to me.

VN Store

Back