Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

Well that’s just it. I’m growing tired of defending anyone against overly emotional cupcakes.I shouldn’t have to point out things that should be obvious To a rational thinker but I’m finding it a common occurrence. If you guys want to scream and complain about loyalty of the players because one left for a rival school while doing your best to run off quite possibly your best qb and the most loyal of them all? Have at it. Just spare me the drama of future threads that suggest how much of a mistake that was.

Now I know you're crazy. Dude invited that drama without any of our help. And again, "no disrespect", but I hope you aren't giving that young man any advice. You sound way too invested. I can't imagine even a family friend being that invested. Crazy. Does he know the lengths you go to defend him online? Surely he'd be a little disturbed...

Reactions: GoVols15
Now I know you're crazy. Dude invited that drama without any of our help. And again, "no disrespect", but I hope you aren't giving that young man any advice. You sound way too invested. I can't imagine even a family friend being that invested. Crazy. Does he know the lengths you go to defend him online? Surely he'd be a little disturbed...
“Invited without any of our help”? You can’t be serious. Did this debate not start by him supporting Henry T? Was Henry T not a teammate? So long story short, this debate is BECAUSE of his “loyalty” to his team. Correct? So Is any of the bolded untrue? He IS quite possibly the best qb in the room and he’s proven to be loyal to a fault. Yet you state I’m crazy for saying it. Once again cupcake, I’m not including ALL fans in this debate. Only the ones that criticize without merit, get butt hurt over nothing and attack him on social media. You know? The ones like you. Hypocrisy at its best with some of things you yourself have said about him in the past and even within this debate. It takes a real piece of work to bring up his dad in the context you did just a few quotes ago. But hes supposed to give fans like you a pass and keep HIS mouth shut while people like you say things like THAT? 🤦‍♂️ I applaud him for supporting his teammates. Because that’s what a REAL teammate does.

I'm starting to see some similarities between how YOU and MAURER speak. But right... no theatrics, no narcissism, no victim mentality... us fans just can't handle the truth.

Brian-Maurer-message-to-Vols-fans-600x554.jpg
Poor kid has it so hard. Full ride to play a sport, none of us know what it’s like to be away from our family or spill blood and sweat with our normal jobs. My 65-70 hours a week of physical labor pales in comparison

Reactions: sona and CR-vol
“Invited without any of our help”? You can’t be serious. Did this debate not start by him supporting Henry T? Was Henry T not a teammate? So long story short, this debate is BECAUSE of his “loyalty” to his team. Correct? So Is any of the bolded untrue? He IS quite possibly the best qb in the room and he’s proven to be loyal to a fault. Yet you state I’m crazy for saying it. Once again cupcake, I’m not including ALL fans in this debate. Only the ones that criticize without merit, get butt hurt over nothing and attack him on social media. You know? The ones like you. Hypocrisy at its best with some of things you yourself have said about him in the past and even within this debate. It takes a real piece of work to bring up his dad in the context you did just a few quotes ago. But hes supposed to give fans like you a pass and keep HIS mouth shut while people like you say things like THAT? 🤦‍♂️ I applaud him for supporting his teammates. Because that’s what a REAL teammate does.
When I said Maurer brought that on himself, you should've been able to figure out what I meant. He retweeted so he opened that door himself. You expect us to have sympathy for a dude who behaves that way on Twitter? Sorry man but that's not happening, especially given his comments made in the past. It's not like VN which is a forum for fans. Twitter is in the public eye and those tweets can be read and shared by everyone - from ESPN, to friends of family back home, to teammates and to internet forums like this place.

Honestly man, the thing with his dad should be concern and a quick google search could tell you all you need to know. Given the amount of time you've wasted on this site and the obsession you have with Maurer, it isn't too far fetched for one to make that connection. Like I said before I find your obsession a little unsettling and it borderlines on crazy even in the context of a friend of the family. If that's all you really are, I'd think even Maurer himself would be embarrassed by the amount of time you've sunk into defending him.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Poor kid has it so hard. Full ride to play a sport, none of us know what it’s like to be away from our family or spill blood and sweat with our normal jobs. My 65-70 hours a week of physical labor pales in comparison
Do you think he was talking directly to you? This is what happens when you spend too much time here.

3.jpg

Yes. If you’re butt hurt over Maurer supporting Henry T? You’re a snowflake. If you didn’t get butt hurt over him supporting JG or Shrout, you’re only mad that Henry T went to Bama and you’re holding him responsible for YOUR feelings on the rivalry. That has nothing to do with THEIR relationship any more than where JG or Shrout went.

I see all these people preaching loyalty about Henry. What’s up with that when in the same breath they’re stating that they hope Maurer transfers? Do you not see the irony? You’re a snowflake and a hypocrite if you preach loyalty while having NONE yourself. You want loyalty without GIVING loyalty. Like you’re entitled to it. Kinda like collecting a paycheck you didn’t work for. Or gas to get nowhere because you have no place to be due to a couch growing out of your ass. Or claiming you got pulled over because of the color of your skin while going 70 in a 45 in a place like Atlanta. If that’s “woke”...... put me to sleep.
Stop patronizing us with this “nobody got upset when Shrout and JG transferred.” Yeah nobody got upset when Maurer tweeted his support because JG went to Wazzu and Shrout went to Colorado. I think we’ve played both of those teams once in the past 30 years. If this were a Colorado State or Washington message board people might be upset and neither one of those players were huge losses, maybe Shrout. Henry T was arguably our best player and he left for our biggest rival who is king of the college football world. It’s not apples to apples and you know that, and it’s not just 1 weekend a year. You know that too. There are 128 other schools to transfer to. It’s a punk move to leave everyone that has supported you for their biggest enemy. His dad has already stated that they should’ve gone there from the beginning so stop saying it’s fans on a message board saying he’s bad in pass coverage or whatever else that was said in anger that influenced him to go there.

Last edited:
Do you think he was talking directly to you? This is what happens when you spend too much time here.

View attachment 368454
Quite a bit of that in this thread.. All this fuss over literally NOTHING.. The level this crap rises to on both sides of the issue is ridiculous and should be embarrassing to the participants...

Sadly, I don't think any of them are..

Some folks take this fandom thing way to far...

If your loyalty lies with former teammates who’s actions ultimately hurt your team then maybe you should hit the bricks too.
Just saying
I'm just saying that the fans Maurer is responding to on Twitter can say pretty much anything else they want, but to hit HT with loyalty is hypocritical. It's actually funny if you ask me.

As far as HT going to Bama, I don't like but I find it par for the course around here that as soon as he hit the portal a large amount of comments were "if he don't want to be here GTFO he sucked anyway". Now they all mad because he left but don't like where he went. He sucks what difference does it make? Many hoped he failed miserably wherever he went, Alabama would be as good a place as any for him to fail miserably. Who gives a crap if he went to Kent and failed?

All that said I get it, it's Alabama, and like you and I already talked about, at the end of the day this one transfer ain't gonna make or break anything.

Reactions: 1vol8
I'm just saying that the fans Maurer is responding to on Twitter can say pretty much anything else they want, but to hit HT with loyalty is hypocritical. It's actually funny if you ask me.

As far as HT going to Bama, I don't like but I find it par for the course around here that as soon as he hit the portal a large amount of comments were "if he don't want to be here GTFO he sucked anyway". Now they all mad because he left but don't like where he went. He sucks what difference does it make? Many hoped he failed miserably wherever he went, Alabama would be as good a place as any for him to fail miserably. Who gives a crap if he went to Kent and failed?

All that said I get it, it's Alabama, and like you and I already talked about, at the end of the day this one transfer ain't gonna make or break anything.
But one malcontent can bring everyone down.
At this point the program is in the tank. Last year could legitimately be the worst Tennessee team ever with plenty of talent. We now need everyone pulling in the same direction. If they don’t love Tennessee and don’t want to be part of the solution then they will only hurt the rebuild. (if there’s ever going to be one) if they are more concerned with the guys who left than the ones who stayed then maybe they should join the guys who left.
At the end of the day I’m a fan of my university and the guys who want to be here. The Backup QB is wrong. It’s my university and my team every bit as much as it is his.

But one malcontent can bring everyone down.
At this point the program is in the tank. Last year could legitimately be the worst Tennessee team ever with plenty of talent. We now need everyone pulling in the same direction. If they don’t love Tennessee and don’t want to be part of the solution then they will only hurt the rebuild. (if there’s ever going to be one) if they are more concerned with the guys who left than the ones who stayed then maybe they should join the guys who left.
At the end of the day I’m a fan of my university and the guys who want to be here. The Backup QB is wrong. It’s my university and my team every bit as much as it is his.
I don't see it the same.

I don't see Maurer taking up for HT as much as him taking up for the team as a whole. HT is gone, Maurer could be gone if he wanted to be. I see him blasting someone on Twitter and it looks worse than it is.

But I've been wrong before too.

I just had to check the thread because im curious why anyone cares at this point tbh....seriously. he made his choice, its his choice. I dont agree with it but is what it is

I just had to check the thread because im curious why anyone cares at this point tbh....seriously. he made his choice, its his choice. I dont agree with it but is what it is

This.

He wasn't some kid who grew up in Knoxville, and is abandoning the team to stick his thumb in the collective eye of the fan base. He's a guy who was recruited ($$$) to come here by the previous coach on the promise that he'd be prepped to enter the NFL. That coach did a poor job or developing him, has now been fired, and the new coach and his staff are not known for producing NFL-bound defensive talent.

Why wouldn't he leave? Given how far behind he is in his development at this point, if given the option, why wouldn't he go to a school that is producing NFL talent?

This.

He wasn't some kid who grew up in Knoxville, and is abandoning the team to stick his thumb in the collective eye of the fan base. He's a guy who was recruited ($$$) to come here by the previous coach on the promise that he'd be prepped to enter the NFL. That coach did a poor job or developing him, has now been fired, and the new coach and his staff are not known for producing NFL-bound defensive talent.

Why wouldn't he leave? Given how far behind he is in his development at this point, if given the option, why wouldn't he go to a school that is producing NFL talent?
You hit the nail on the head of why I defend Henry Ts decision. Where was all this rational thinking that yourself and @Behr dumped on this thread yesterday when I was arguing with obvious cupcakes caught up in their own personal feelings? Henry gave himself the best chance to make it by transferring to a team known for being an NFL draft hotspot. You CANT be mad at that imo.

You hit the nail on the head of why I defend Henry Ts decision. Where was all this rational thinking that yourself and @Behr dumped on this thread yesterday when I was arguing with obvious cupcakes caught up in their own personal feelings? Henry gave himself the best chance to make it by transferring to a team known for being an NFL draft hotspot. You CANT be mad at that imo.
He's gone. Certain fans can't let it go just like you can't let go of your obsession with Maurer.

Now that you've put me in the same camp as BV, I've changed my mind. Obviously I was wrong.

This.

While I agree with all of this, I've been to too many Tennessee Alabama games to act like it makes no difference to me.

While I agree with all of this, I've been to too many Tennessee Alabama games to act like it makes no difference to me.

And we'd have jumped at the chance to get Jalen Hurts here when he was transferring from Alabama, and not a peep would have been made about "loyalty".

Reactions: m1al

VN Store

Back