Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

Whoa there.......can we please stop using a handful of idiots who would do something as cowardly as a death threat to a college athlete as a broad sweeping label for the Tennessee fan base? C'mon, please stop allowing a few cretins on social media to savage this incredible fan base.
Let me ask you this......can you name any base that sticks by their team and supports them as we do? As we have done for 15+ years with almost no reward? Tennessee's fans are the most loyal I've seen anywhere in my time. I think we are allowed to whine and moan occasionally, but the huge majority condemn any threats to anyone, especially a college athlete.
Giving credit where it’s due, South Carolina fans still sold out every game during their 21 game losing streak. Perhaps the only fan base that would do that.

I did and I apologize. I’m just a little bent out of shape about it. I think it’s sad to see that the world has become so damn emotionally fragile.

Only snowflakes get their feathers ruffled by words said on Twitter or a message board.

I work in customer service and yesterday a long time customer came up to the guy beside me and threatened to kill him. He changed companies. I thought maybe I should change companies too, but a lot of other customers said it was possible that I could be threatened at another place so my coworker being threatened wasn’t really a big deal and I should just stay at the current company. I resigned later that day and a third employee said, ‘Good luck. Customers threatening to kill employees is bad.’ Then all the customers yelled and screamed at him and said he blamed them and betrayed them.

People can talk about the terrible culture Pruitt had on this team, but some of this fan base has a toxic culture when the concern isn’t about a college student representing our university having his life threatened, but instead these fans somehow feel threatened and blamed by a college student when he agrees that people saying they will murder another person because of football is bad.
hKxDCtb.gif

Only snowflakes get their feathers ruffled by words said on Twitter or a message board.
Couldn’t think of anything to say huh? So you chose to take a lame shot at me? Maybe you should’ve woken up earlier and you may have been able to come up with SOMETHING just a tad more witty.

There are a few nut cases in every rabid fan base.. it’s just the way it will always be. Does he think bama doesn’t have those people? Lol
That one Bama fan killed that poor innocent tree.

Couldn’t think of anything to say huh? So you chose to take a lame shot at me? Maybe you should’ve woken up earlier and you may have been able to come up with SOMETHING just a tad more witty.
Weren't you the one calling people snowflakes for essentially the same thing? I suppose maybe it could be applied to you then! As for being awake early, lol - I'd really hate to wake up before 5:30-6, it's already a pain in the ass. Maybe you are talking about being "woke"? Can't ever tell with you kids

aLsO wHy ArE yOu CaPiTiLiZiNg RaNdOm wOrDs?

Weren't you the one calling people snowflakes for essentially the same thing? I suppose maybe it could be applied to you then! As for being awake early, lol - I'd really hate to wake up before 5:30-6, it's already a pain in the ass. Maybe you are talking about being "woke"? Can't ever tell with you kids

aLsO wHy ArE yOu CaPiTiLiZiNg RaNdOm wOrDs?
Yes. If you’re butt hurt over Maurer supporting Henry T? You’re a snowflake. If you didn’t get butt hurt over him supporting JG or Shrout, you’re only mad that Henry T went to Bama and you’re holding him responsible for YOUR feelings on the rivalry. That has nothing to do with THEIR relationship any more than where JG or Shrout went.

I see all these people preaching loyalty about Henry. What’s up with that when in the same breath they’re stating that they hope Maurer transfers? Do you not see the irony? You’re a snowflake and a hypocrite if you preach loyalty while having NONE yourself. You want loyalty without GIVING loyalty. Like you’re entitled to it. Kinda like collecting a paycheck you didn’t work for. Or gas to get nowhere because you have no place to be due to a couch growing out of your ass. Or claiming you got pulled over because of the color of your skin while going 70 in a 45 in a place like Atlanta. If that’s “woke”...... put me to sleep.

Yes. If you’re butt hurt over Maurer supporting Henry T? You’re a snowflake. If you didn’t get butt hurt over him supporting JG or Shrout, you’re only mad that Henry T went to Bama and you’re holding him responsible for YOUR feelings on the rivalry. That has nothing to do with THEIR relationship any more than where JG or Shrout went.

I see all these people preaching loyalty about Henry. What’s up with that when in the same breath they’re stating that they hope Maurer transfers? Do you not see the irony? You’re a snowflake and a hypocrite if you preach loyalty while having NONE yourself. You want loyalty without GIVING loyalty. Like you’re entitled to it. Kinda like collecting a paycheck you didn’t work for. Or gas to get nowhere because you have no place to be due to a couch growing out of your ass. Or claiming you got pulled over because of the color of your skin while going 70 in a 45 in a place like Atlanta. If that’s “woke”...... put me to sleep.
Henry T had no loyalty to the university, that much is certain. As for Maurer, some fans are just tired of his theatrics and his victim mentality. That's why some fans wouldnt mind if he transferred elsewhere. Don't think its wrong to support former players but it's definitely wrong to throw an entire fanbase under the bus because that player decides to focus on a few crazies who made comments on social media. I guarantee my thoughts about Henry T transferring to our most hated rated are no different than the average fan's thoughts. It's practically the same opinion everyone else had when Butch decided to become Saban's choir boy. To be honest I have no idea what you are even ranting about. Your obsession with #18 is borderline crazy and your rant on being "woke" only affirms that. Good luck my dude.

Reactions: GoVols15
Henry T had no loyalty to the university, that much is certain. As for Maurer, some fans are just tired of his theatrics and his victim mentality. That's why some fans wouldnt mind if he transferred elsewhere. Don't think its wrong to support former players but it's definitely wrong to throw an entire fanbase under the bus because that player decides to focus on a few crazies who made comments on social media. I guarantee my thoughts about Henry T transferring to our most hated rated are no different than the average fan's thoughts. It's practically the same opinion everyone else had when Butch decided to become Saban's choir boy. To be honest I have no idea what you are even ranting about. Your obsession with #18 is borderline crazy and your rant on being "woke" only affirms that. Good luck my dude.
You can’t name one time Maurer played a victim so don’t even go there. Some people just have a problem with him being vocal, period. But then again they had a problem with JG not being vocal enough. Guess you just gotta be perfect to please some huh? And just in case you’ve so conveniently forgotten, YOU brought up the “woke” subject. I just touched on it.

Not a good look when the fan base is sending death threats to college students. But, let’s just not talk about it. That’s the best way to handle things, right? I hope your family never encounters threatening behavior from others and your advice is ‘leave it alone because there are rabid people in other places as well.’

“Hey future Vols- if your on field performance is lacking, we’d prefer you to just take the death threats quietly, because, maybe another fan base would do it too.”
I personally am old fashioned enough not to even boo my own team when they are playing poorly - I certainly am opposed to death threats and over the top personal insults. So we agree.

Now, how do you suggest the “fanbase” deal with the problem? On VN, you can report death threats and disturbing comments to moderators - but most of what you see here stops short of that level. I don’t tweet so have no clue what to do there. There is nothing obvious that the “fanbase” can do about someone crazy enough to personally contact a player.

So, if you are going to hold the “fanbase” responsible for a few crazy individuals, please offer some suggestions for what might be done. If you have some practical ideas, I will be among the first to buy in.

You can’t name one time Maurer played a victim so don’t even go there. Some people just have a problem with him being vocal, period. But then again they had a problem with JG not being vocal enough. Guess you just gotta be perfect to please some huh? And just in case you’ve so conveniently forgotten, YOU brought up the “woke” subject. I just touched on it.
I'm starting to see some similarities between how YOU and MAURER speak. But right... no theatrics, no narcissism, no victim mentality... us fans just can't handle the truth.

Brian-Maurer-message-to-Vols-fans-600x554.jpg

I'm starting to see some similarities between how YOU and MAURER speak. But right... no theatrics, no narcissism, no victim mentality... us fans just can't handle the truth.

Brian-Maurer-message-to-Vols-fans-600x554.jpg
Capitalization is emphasis on a particular word. It’s kind of texting 101.

But that’s not what I asked for. Where is this “victim mentality” you claim he’s known for? Because if that’s all you got, I’ll call that a swing and a miss.

And just for the record, do you know who he was talking to and why? Or did you take the snowflake route and assume he was talking to everyone? That was a response to an individual and fans alike after that individual tweeted at him. However, you’d be surprised to know how many people agree with his overall message. I’m a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan. Does that mean I’m a Dallas Cowboy? Hell no! Why? Well, because those guys made it that level to become a Dallas Cowboy by busting their asses. And as a result I’m just a fan of them. I refer to them as “we” within conversation but I would never get upset if one of the players went off on a POS fan for criticizing them just because I bought a T shirt.

Look, it’s no secret that you have a personal issue with him. I’ll argue that your opinion is misguided but nevertheless it’s there and that tweet you just tried to use to prove “victim mentality” was a complete fail and proves the problem is with YOU. There are things he needs to learn to handle differently but he’s done nothing to deserve the criticism he gets outside of not taking into consideration the portion of the fan base that gets butt hurt if the wind blows the wrong direction.

Capitalization is emphasis on a particular word. It’s kind of texting 101.

But that’s not what I asked for. Where is this “victim mentality” you claim he’s known for? Because if that’s all you got, I’ll call that a swing and a miss.

And just for the record, do you know who he was talking to and why? Or did you take the snowflake route and assume he was talking to everyone? That was a response to an individual and fans alike after that individual tweeted at him. However, you’d be surprised to know how many people agree with his overall message. I’m a die hard Dallas Cowboy fan. Does that mean I’m a Dallas Cowboy? Hell no! Why? Well, because those guys made it that level to become a Dallas Cowboy by busting their asses. And as a result I’m just a fan of them. I refer to them as “we” within conversation but I would never get upset if one of the players went off on a POS fan for criticizing them just because I bought a T shirt.

Look, it’s no secret that you have a personal issue with him. I’ll argue that your opinion is misguided but nevertheless it’s there and that tweet you just tried to use to prove “victim mentality” was a complete fail and proves the problem is with YOU. There are things he needs to learn to handle differently but he’s done nothing to deserve the criticism he gets outside of not taking into consideration the portion of the fan base that gets butt hurt if the wind blows the wrong direction.
Personal issue? Nah... I think he's probably a good dude, has had some things happen in his past that makes him behave the way he does. He's probably gotten some bad advice from people who don't take well to criticism along the way. I think you need to re-read the tweet. It's honestly one of the most narcissistic tweets Ive ever read from a collegiate athlete, which is saying a lot. Reminds me of that WNBA player who got into a quibble on Twitter with an NBA player trying to pay a compliment to said WNBA player.

And what is your relation to him again? Your obsession is a bit unsettling.

Seems like people would want to go to a school to help them win instead of a school that's already winning. College Football isn't what it was in the 80's and 90's.

Personal issue? Nah... I think he's probably a good dude, has had some things happen in his past that makes him behave the way he does. He's probably gotten some bad advice from people who don't take well to criticism along the way. I think you need to re-read the tweet. It's honestly one of the most narcissistic tweets Ive ever read from a collegiate athlete, which is saying a lot. Reminds me of that WNBA player who got into a quibble on Twitter with an NBA player trying to pay a compliment to said WNBA player.

And what is your relation to him again? Your obsession is a bit unsettling.
I just know him and his family so I do ask questions on hot topics. You call it an obsession and I just call it knowing better.

so... 5k posts in two years when you werent a Vol fan before Maurer committed? That's... interesting. And not at all obsessive.
Imagine watching a kid grow up. You know how he works, his capabilities and what makes him “tick”. You know how to coach him and the fine line every athlete has before you lose them. You’ve personally witnessed the struggle to get to the point he’s at. You know him as well as you know your own son and suddenly you have people making false claims about his mental makeup, mental status, claiming he can’t do something you’ve watched him do several times over and questioning his character. Would you keep your mouth shut while you read? Or simply inform people otherwise? That’s a serious question because I personally haven’t mastered the art of letting people talk without education. That’s why my post count is so high.

I’ll give you an example. The year before last Tenn Titans watched a video of Harrison Bailey throwing a rail shot ( high velocity throw down the sideline on a rope in case you didn’t know) in a practice setting and posted it saying “no one on our roster can make that throw”. I knew better and said so. Iirc it became an issue that I claimed Maurer could. It wasn’t until I posted Maurers highlights of him making the exact throw in a game setting that the entire argument was put to rest. There are numerous other examples of false claims much like the aforementioned. So I ask, could you bite your tongue? Or would you do the same?

You do you man. I just wanted to make sure you werent Papa Maurer posting from prison. Lord knows it's easy for those cats to get smart phones, especially in the lower security prisons.

I think you should probably defend Maurer less and let things be. There are a lot of fans on here with dissenting opinions, you trying to tackle those opinions one by one is not a good look. Parents of players have done that here in the past and it's never ended well. But yeah, 5k posts in 2 years when you got no fandom to speak of before Maurer committing... my man, that's a lot of time wasted and for what...? To try and convince people that Maurer is better than he is? His stats and game film speak for themselves. You don't need to write paragraph upon paragraph to try and pull wool over everyones eyes. Again, it doesn't do Maurer any favors.

Good luck out there...

You do you man. I just wanted to make sure you werent Papa Maurer posting from prison. Lord knows it's easy for those cats to get smart phones, especially in the lower security prisons.

I think you should probably defend Maurer less and let things be. There are a lot of fans on here with dissenting opinions, you trying to tackle those opinions one by one is not a good look. Parents of players have done that here in the past and it's never ended well. But yeah, 5k posts in 2 years when you got no fandom to speak of before Maurer committing... my man, that's a lot of time wasted and for what...? To try and convince people that Maurer is better than he is? His stats and game film speak for themselves. You don't need to write paragraph upon paragraph to try and pull wool over everyones eyes. Again, it doesn't do Maurer any favors.

Good luck out there...
Well that’s just it. I’m growing tired of defending anyone against overly emotional cupcakes.I shouldn’t have to point out things that should be obvious To a rational thinker but I’m finding it a common occurrence. If you guys want to scream and complain about loyalty of the players because one left for a rival school while doing your best to run off quite possibly your best qb and the most loyal of them all? Have at it. Just spare me the drama of future threads that suggest how much of a mistake that was.

VN Store

Back