Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

As I clearly said “while he was here” he was a fan favorite. Obviously when he left the criticism started and grew. JG graduated and left with class when griping was probably justified - HT simply quit and blamed the fans.
I missed the ‘while he was here’. But, I wouldn’t say he blamed the fans. I think it’s reasonable to see a teammate receive death threats and not want to remain on that team, especially in our country’s recently divisive political climate.

If Maurer wants to talk trash about UT or back a player from Bama he can leave, it's that simple. I however hasn't seen anyone defending JG getting death threats which is what I was responding to
I don’t make the jump of Maurer retweeting a post about a qb receiving death threats and that news spreading in the locker room to ‘talking trash about UT or backing a player from Bama’. It might have been Maurer receiving the death threats. If you’re sending a death threat to one qb, it’s not a big step to send them to another qb.

It looks like fans support death threats when anyone that tweets about them gets roasted by the Vol fan base and told to transfer.

Reactions: 1vol8
I don’t make the jump of Maurer retweeting a post about a qb receiving death threats and that news spreading in the locker room to ‘talking trash about UT or backing a player from Bama’. It might have been Maurer receiving the death threats. If you’re sending a death threat to one qb, it’s not a big step to send them to another qb.

It looks like fans support death threats when anyone that tweets about them gets roasted by the Vol fan base and told to transfer.
Don't know what to tell you. I certainly don't support sending a young man death threats, especially over a football game. And I still haven't seen anyone that has said it's ok or he deserved it. You don't think it would have been smarter for Maurer to just leave it alone, like all the other players did? Not a good look when one of your QBs it's pissing on the fan base. Some people may be naive and think that only UT has rabid fans but that is not the case.

Reactions: lexkyvol
Don't know what to tell you. I certainly don't support sending a young man death threats, especially over a football game. And I still haven't seen anyone that has said it's ok or he deserved it. You don't think it would have been smarter for Maurer to just leave it alone, like all the other players did? Not a good look when one of your QBs it's pissing on the fan base. Some people may be naive and think that only UT has rabid fans but that is not the case.
What is you just wish them a raging case of diarrhea, is that Ok?

And I think Maurer’s death threats were from his ex.
You’d think a guy who has so much trouble with his personal life leaking out in social media would keep his head down.

You’d think a guy who has so much trouble with his personal life leaking out in social media would keep his head down.

Hot head, can't seem to control his mouth.

You would think

Happens everywhere and in every entertainment industry. Hell every industry requires one to preform or face harsh criticism.

These guys are mentally soft. Hopefully Bama helps them grow up a little and gets them ready for adulthood but obviously the bright lights are too much for them.

Not a good look when the fan base is sending death threats to college students. But, let’s just not talk about it. That’s the best way to handle things, right? I hope your family never encounters threatening behavior from others and your advice is ‘leave it alone because there are rabid people in other places as well.’

“Hey future Vols- if your on field performance is lacking, we’d prefer you to just take the death threats quietly, because, maybe another fan base would do it too.”

Reactions: 1vol8
Not a good look when the fan base is sending death threats to college students. But, let’s just not talk about it. That’s the best way to handle things, right? I hope your family never encounters threatening behavior from others and your advice is ‘leave it alone because there are rabid people in other places as well.’

“Hey future Vols- if your on field performance is lacking, we’d prefer you to just take the death threats quietly, because, maybe another fan base would do it too.”
For me, an individual allegedly sent the threat, not a fan base. Anyone can pretend to be anyone from anywhere with electronic communications. Heck, could have been the same person that fooled all of you for so long that he was Travis Stevens.

Always the fans fault. The fans haven’t sucked ass for over 2 decades.

Neither have the current players and coaches. They have been here 4 years or less.

Fans can, and will, do what they want but that does not make it reasonable. Players can, and will, do what they want but that does not make it reasonable.

Why do some people feel it is OK to have a double standard?

Reactions: Deto10 and 1vol8
I will keep my word and still wish Henry T success (in every game save against UT). We have benefited ourselves from players transferring from hated rivals (Kamra, Cade Mays). Sort of would be hypocritical to then turn around and throw shade at Henry T. But come third Saturday in October (or whichever number it falls on this year) I would not be sad to see him miss the tackle that leads to the winning TD for UT in the upset of the century 😉

I think it is the timing that was bad. However, you can't blame him with the coaching change and upcoming NCAA sanctions.

VN Store

Back