Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

Bill Curry if he was still with us could educate this young man about the casual and nice Tide fans even when you go 11 - 1. It is just the culture these days just like Lebron , they all want the easy way and I am sure a nice check. We were paying all those guys that left. To obvious.

Bill Curry is still with us.

Reactions: Vol 85
It's not a justification. It's impossible to justify threatening a stranger's life because of poor performance in a football game. You are missing the point of the statements. The cousin is eluding to the fact that Henry is escaping deranged fans. He will find those at Alabama, or anywhere else for that matter.
Find them there? Hell you can’t not find them there.
Look at these psychos try not to have a heart attack so that they get an autograph of an 18 year old kid.

Speak for yourself.

Many on here respected JG as a person while hoping the coaches could come up with a better option at QB.
I would have liked that as well. But he didn't. Maybe there wasn't one. Do you know for certain that there was?

Yeah dude. HT has got nothing but love on this board for sure. I can’t find a single post saying anything negative about him.
As I clearly said “while he was here” he was a fan favorite. Obviously when he left the criticism started and grew. JG graduated and left with class when griping was probably justified - HT simply quit and blamed the fans.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I will keep my word and still wish Henry T success (in every game save against UT). We have benefited ourselves from players transferring from hated rivals (Kamra, Cade Mays). Sort of would be hypocritical to then turn around and throw shade at Henry T. But come third Saturday in October (or whichever number it falls on this year) I would not be sad to see him miss the tackle that leads to the winning TD for UT in the upset of the century 😉

I dislike it when someone judges "everyone" for the actions of a few. I never threatened anyone's life, especially a college kid that I don't know, nor have I said or posted anything questioning To'o To'o's loyalty. College football is a business and these young men are making business decisions. Save the loyalty garbage for the Rudy's and the walk-ons.

Two things you got to think about when posting a response like this:

1. Every team has stupidly over the top fans that will take things too far, especially with the availability and anonymity presented by social media, so good luck with Bama fans.
2. Speaking of anonymity, you also have other fans posing as UT fans and trolling the players.

My advice is to love the game and the school, if you attended. Don't love the players, they don't love you.
I think you misread the tweet.

The cousin is not judging "everyone." He's not lumping us all together. Read it again.
To'o To'o's cousin said:
Everyone questioning the loyalty...how soon you forget how your fanbase sent death threats to your starting QB for the last 2 years. You think the other guys didn't hear about it in the locker room??
That's exactly like me saying, "Everyone with a blue sticker...stand in this line." I'm not saying everyone has a blue sticker. Right?

Sure, he could've said that more clearly. Could've said instead, "If you were questioning the loyalty...how soon you forget...."

So...your complaint seems to be founded on a misunderstanding.

As for college football being a business, yes and no.

College football is roughly four different things, at four different levels.

1. It's a game, a fun pastime, some people do for enjoyment.
2. It's a physical challenge, pain and strain and sacrifice at the team level.
3. It is entertainment, particularly for fans and students.
4. It is big business, particularly for the AD's office, ESPN, the venue managers, local merchants and such.

The lads should think of it mostly as 1 and 2, though their view will bounce around among all four from time to time. So when a player decides to change schools, it is not JUST a "business decision." It's that plus saying goodbye to teammates and friends (so an emotional decision), plus a new adventure to look forward to, maybe somewhere they've never lived before, plus a bit of the "entertainment" angle as their life plays out on twitter and facebook with comments from folks they don't even know.

In other words, it's all of that. It's complicated. Never just a "business decision."

Finally, as for whether or not you choose to care for the lads and our coaches, that's up to you. But I do, and I think a lot of us here do. Sometimes personally, but mostly in the aggregate, as a group, a body, representing our university and the great state of Tennessee on the gridiron. I think the games mean more if you invest in the players and coaches as well, but again: that's up to you. Each person has their own way.

Bottom line: if you never showed disrespect to the lads, then don't worry. You're not part of the group To'o To'o's cousin was addressing his comment to.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
I would have liked that as well. But he didn't. Maybe there wasn't one. Do you know for certain that there was?

Beginning of the year, probably not. By the end of the year Bailey was probably the best choice.

Pruitt completely mismanaged the QB room and everybody - team, fans, and JG - suffered for it. Many on here recognized that and directed their criticism appropriately. Some particularly vocal, posters put the blame on JG. No need to smear the whole fan base as “pu....s”.

There are a few nut cases in every rabid fan base.. it’s just the way it will always be. Does he think bama doesn’t have those people? Lol
Exactly, the same thing would happen at any other SEC school where expectations are big.

Eff him now and forever! So what does Henry T's piss ant brother think about him being in the middle most likely of Tennessee's coming problems with the NCAA?
Ole Henry will be fighting tooth and nail for playing time. If he wanted out he should have gone somewhere outside the SEC. Is he talented? Yeah but there are guys more talented on the roster in Athens and Tuscaloosa.

Reactions: GoVols64
Well, I would include in that crowd the people hoping that Maurer transfers because he retweeted the post about death threats. And, saying it happens at other schools is just an excuse to let it happen here. I used to think UT fans were a few notches above the bammers, but apparently their behavior is the standard if we defend it here by saying it happens there.
If Maurer wants to talk trash about UT or back a player from Bama he can leave, it's that simple. I however hasn't seen anyone defending JG getting death threats which is what I was responding to

Last edited:
Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
Ole Henry will be fighting tooth and nail for playing time. If he wanted out he should have gone somewhere outside the SEC. Is he talented? Yeah but there are guys more talented on the roster in Athens and Tuscaloosa.
This is true. 247 had an interesting take where the point was HT adds depth to the position. Sounds like Bama has had a lot of weakness at the LB position but are loading up on young studs. HT will play but not guaranteed to be the starter.

Heck, if all things are equal (they will start the best player) I stick with the guy whose committed to me from day 1.

Reactions: gasguy98
He said “was” happening, I assume he meant under Pruitt’s regime.

Unfortunately, Henry T’s cousin is absolutely right. Our fan base should have never been attacking JG, that wasn’t helping. I can’t imagine the logic behind “You know what will fix this problem with JG’s struggles? A good ole death threat”
Soooo true

Not sure what that even means. What is not too hard to infer is that you are a VOL fan... as long as we are winning.
Well you are wrong about that.I’m always a Vol fan win or lose.It would be nice to see them win more though.Maybe you think you are the only true fan.

I think you misread the tweet.

The cousin is not judging "everyone." He's not lumping us all together. Read it again.

That's exactly like me saying, "Everyone with a blue sticker...stand in this line." I'm not saying everyone has a blue sticker. Right?

Sure, he could've said that more clearly. Could've said instead, "If you were questioning the loyalty...how soon you forget...."

So...your complaint seems to be founded on a misunderstanding.

As for college football being a business, yes and no.

College football is roughly four different things, at four different levels.

1. It's a game, a fun pastime, some people do for enjoyment.
2. It's a physical challenge, pain and strain and sacrifice at the team level.
3. It is entertainment, particularly for fans and students.
4. It is big business, particularly for the AD's office, ESPN, the venue managers, local merchants and such.

The lads should think of it mostly as 1 and 2, though their view will bounce around among all four from time to time. So when a player decides to change schools, it is not JUST a "business decision." It's that plus saying goodbye to teammates and friends (so an emotional decision), plus a new adventure to look forward to, maybe somewhere they've never lived before, plus a bit of the "entertainment" angle as their life plays out on twitter and facebook with comments from folks they don't even know.

In other words, it's all of that. It's complicated. Never just a "business decision."

Finally, as for whether or not you choose to care for the lads and our coaches, that's up to you. But I do, and I think a lot of us here do. Sometimes personally, but mostly in the aggregate, as a group, a body, representing our university and the great state of Tennessee on the gridiron. I think the games mean more if you invest in the players and coaches as well, but again: that's up to you. Each person has their own way.

Bottom line: if you never showed disrespect to the lads, then don't worry. You're not part of the group To'o To'o's cousin was addressing his comment to.

Go Vols!
I see your point. "Everyone questioning the loyalty..." to me is a statement, not an introduction. "To everyone questioning the loyalty..." or "Anyone that questions the loyalty..." would have been more accurate comments for your perspective. Forgive me for taking English literally.

I stand by the business decision comment, though. For the blue chippers like Henry, it's about getting to the NFL and making millions. He could have gone anywhere, and he settled on choosing between OSU and Bama. Either is a clear path to the NFL and a potential 1st or 2nd round pick. Not saying that business decisions don't impact personal lives, but this was a business decision. The guy is from California, he has no loyalty to Knoxville or Tuscaloosa. I would bet, that if the Pac 10 wasn't down right now, he would be going to one of those schools.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP
He wanted that challenger, and his daddy wanted the 80k that was in the trunk…

VN Store

Back