Hendrix opens up about transfer

Stream?...Carr and Hendix is a "stream"?...k...that's about 4 tackles production wise...maybe we can just get the opposing RBs to fall down a couple of times and make up for what we lost?

Speaking of the possibility that the attrition rate of the first 2 years continues. That would create a "stream" and result in failure. They cannot keep losing that many DL's so quickly.

Are you seriously suggesting that Hendrix would/could not have developed over the off-season and come back to contribute more than 4 tackles? If so then you just destroyed the excuse that playing Fr hurts a team.

What you just said is just dumb. Remember JONES said that you need guys in the program 2 or 3 years before expecting big production. Your argument is with him. If you have a constant stream of guys who have to play as Fr because the guys who were Fr before them are gone then you just don't get to that level of experienced, talented depth that Jones says is necessary.

Reactions: 1 person
Who's Hendrix?

20140717-jimihendrix-x306-1405632285.jpg

Prob the greatest guitarist ever. That's the only Hendrix I can think of.

No offense ( and I hope you are correct), but I'm gonna go with him on this one. I called BS on it when he told me at the time. The name he gave wasnt considering leaving at all, but said he didnt care for it. Makes sense with what Hendrix came out saying. Too coincidental to have no basis.

Forget it. You have committed the unpardonable sin. You have suggested that Jones or his staff might not be perfect in every way.

Have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: 3 people
Jones and co. often rip their players and cross the line from well-deserved criticism to down right belittlement. Criticism and a good arsss chewin' is fine but when you belittle your players that is not acceptable and players won't take it (nor should they).

Are we still talking about football or female field hockey?..

Because I swear this is a football forum where guys talk about a game where people basically try and kill each other..

Pro Tip: Words actually don't hurt.:good!:

Forget it. You have committed the unpardonable sin. You have suggested that Jones or his staff might not be perfect in every way.

Have mercy on your soul.

I responded to his post already. If you have more information than what you read or see on tv, love to hear it.

i was in the military and find your comparison ridiculous. Those men over there are trained for months on end to handle that pressure, and even then plenty of them crack.
What unit were you in. Never had any troops in my units that cracked. So plenty.
Is wrong......20 years by the way

Nope. Right now just info on people who go crazy at even the suggestion of criticism of UT's coaches.

Don't crazy people usually write 10,000 word manifestos? :compute:

Automatically, Hendrix is a self-entitled, lazy jerk because he doesn't agree with the coaching staff? It's amazing how much everyone slurps Butch Jones and Company on here.

Reactions: 2 people
Automatically, Hendrix is a self-entitled, lazy jerk because he doesn't agree with the coaching staff? It's amazing how much everyone slurps Butch Jones and Company on here.

It's amazing that if you stay positive you're "slurping ". Guess the only way to escape that label is find something trivial and b**** about it.

Reactions: 5 people
It's amazing that if you stay positive you're "slurping ". Guess the only way to escape that label is find something trivial and b**** about it.

It sure does appear so on here. It is not possible to actually discuss issues like adults. We must spend all of the time blaming either the coaches, players, groundskeepers, concession employees, etc. As long as someone can come up with something/someone to complain about it's all good.

Heard the same story from someone close to the program 3 weeks ago. His story talked of a well known player that couldnt stand his position coach because of this. This player got plenty of PT so it wasnt that at all. I do think there is a line between tough love and belittling someone. Constant belittlement wears on most everyone.

OMG...well, we need to start firing somebody then. I've never heard of a player who didn't like his position coach while playing this game. Those mean old coaches making you do all kinds of drills and practicing and yelling at you...its abysmal I tell you, abysmal. :eek:lol:

Maybe it is because I am an old fart, but I don't think this is a coaching or a football problem. I believe it is due to more the coddled and the entitlement mentality that the current college generation has been exposed to over their brief life time. . Several have mentioned their boot camp experience, believe me no football coach can belittle you like a military DI. They not only belittle you but also your girl friend, family , state or any other group or person you maybe associated with. Their purpose of course is to tear you down and create a mental toughness and they excel at this task. Coach Jones is also trying to instill mental toughness something Vol teams have been missing for awhile. Hendrix and company will achieve or they won't, makes no difference to us now. GO VOLS !!
Mine was Drill Instructor McLean @ Ft. Knox. You're right on about the nasty verbiage, but I'll testify that, as he stated to me and my group that his job was to keep us out of one of those...which was a stack of body bags laying next to the bus door...he did us right by breaking us down to build us up. Football coaches are often just as adamant at developing championship players. If you're soft, you'll let your team down when the stuff's hitting the fan. Any one of you who're supporting Hendrix's badmouthing his coaches for hurting his feelings; I'd like you to list some coaches who've succeeded in the sport by spoiling players? Let's see the list girls.

Reactions: 4 people
Fellow Vols freshman defensive end Derek Barnett played in all 12 games and started nine, setting UT freshman records with 10 sacks and 20.5 tackles for loss on the way to earning second-team All-SEC honors from the league's coaches and the Associated Press.

that's Hendrix problem right there ! Hendrix was more than likely the man in High School and could not adjust to being the average player at Tennessee.

..... wish him all the best !

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone else sourced that article and it was "updated" with no cache available.

Maybe it was "updated" when Hendrix realized he didn't have his release. Or maybe that was what Hendrix was talking about in his tweet when he said don't believe everything you read.

VN Store

Back