Helton shopping?

So you’re saying you’d rather have JG over Hurts then?
I do wonder what Hurts would look like with our O line. Not sure what would happen. I know he can run well so it would look better than what we have currently. Seems like if the trajectory stays the same that : JG will be really good next year. He's doing ok for what he has to work with. Still hold the ball a little to long. Throws a great deep ball. starting to go through his progressions pretty well. Its pretty much all blocking that is hindering the program in general right now.

CJP is NOT an offensive mind. WHY should he develop the offensive scheme?!? You didn't see Spurrier at UF talking about how they'd be a 3-4 multiple defensive team FFS. NOT HIS SIDE OF THE BALL! Why TF does Pruitt think he can coach offense too? Arrogant ass.

You sound like the arrogant ass. Go take a nap and put on your big boy panties.

Isn't Basilio the same guy who said Fulmer's first two contacts were Patterson & Fuente for the HC job? Dead wrong. To be honest this just sounds like starting drama for the sake of it.

This is year ONE, FIVE GAMES into the Pruitt regime & Helton doesnt even have an average line or the QB he wants to run his system. Not angry with OP, but these impatient fans who are expecting this new staff to be gods 5 games into the toughest schedule Ive seen in a while are silly.

Kind of just ranting at this point, but give Helton some time guys. If he leaves, he leaves but until then I like the improvements Im seeing.
Wait, what? Somebody actually listens to Basillo?

CJP is NOT an offensive mind. WHY should he develop the offensive scheme?!? You didn't see Spurrier at UF talking about how they'd be a 3-4 multiple defensive team FFS. NOT HIS SIDE OF THE BALL! Why TF does Pruitt think he can coach offense too? Arrogant ass.

Because he’s the head coach. He’s also, you know, a football coach, so he might know a bad route when he sees it. Good grief you sound like a baby.

Reactions: johnrlansford
Hey guys, was listening to some knoxville media person being interviewed on 97.7 in Huntsville, I didnt catch his name. But he did say there are major problems between Pruitt and Helton and that he was 100% postive that there are already behind the scene discussions to terminate Helton. He seemed very pro Pruitt and kinda mocked how things worked at USC with noone knowing who was calling plays.

He spoke very highly of the d, especially the secondary. He was not a fan of jg at all and basically said he was the biggest problem on o. Said he isnt a qb, he just throws the ball.

Thought id pass it along.

Hey guys, was listening to some knoxville media person being interviewed on 97.7 in Huntsville, I didnt catch his name. But he did say there are major problems between Pruitt and Helton and that he was 100% postive that there are already behind the scene discussions to terminate Helton. He seemed very pro Pruitt and kinda mocked how things worked at USC with noone knowing who was calling plays.

He spoke very highly of the d, especially the secondary. He was not a fan of jg at all and basically said he was the biggest problem on o. Said he isnt a qb, he just throws the ball.

Is this sarcasm? Just curious because if true, then there seems to be trouble in Knoxville.

Interesting...any idea who it was?

Interesting...any idea who it was?
I dont know, I couldnt place his voice. It almost sounded like clay travis, but I think he is sounded like he was out of knoxville, not nashville and he was very pro vols so that doesn't sound like clay. The show was the Drive. Wes Neighbors on the show is a bama homer, which he played there so as expected, but the co host, Steve Moulton likes Tennessee.

Because he’s the head coach. He’s also, you know, a football coach, so he might know a bad route when he sees it. Good grief you sound like a baby.

Recognizing a bad route doesn't mean you dictate the entire offensive philosophy over the OC he hired to do just that. It means you advise and help. Think Saban is telling his OC to go ram n' jam Bama style? He gave up the offense years ago and delegates. He knows he doesn't belong on the offense, it's not his area of expertise. Arrogant of Pruitt to think he can be on the level an offensive mind. Would he expect an offensive coach to come up with a team's defensive philosophy?

You Sir are good at this!!!

WellinformedTangibleBobwhite-small.gif

The radio host also said, while he doesnt like phil fulmer cause is a bammer, he was very complimentary of him as ad. Couldnt believe ut waited so long to hire him. Compared him to mal moore and said he will do good things here because he loves Tennessee. He said ADPF is the type that if Pruitt needed to fire Helton, he would figure out how to make the money work.
The knoxville guy agreed and also spoke very bad of Haslems, hamilton and what happened there.

Hurts reminds me of Dobbs in that he is a very good runner. However, Dobbs became a better QB than Hurts during his JR. and Sr. years because of his improvement as a passer.
Hurts is actually looking really good this year as far as his passing. Enos must have done wonders for him. He's been staying in the pocket longer and letting the plays develop and not taking off near as much if the first receiver is covered plus his accuracy has greatly improved. Course he's playing in mop up now so no pressure. Dobbs was a much better runner.

VN Store

Back