Helton back to USC?

Lol the week we win a game we love our oc and stability is so important. The week we lose we want him fired ASAP. Our fans are hilarious

Heck naws noway if they fire his brother they sure has heck will not hire him has HC.

I've been kind of hard on Helton at times, but I saw him call a really good game vs. KY and Auburn. Just so happened those games were probably the best games the O Line played as well. If that O line can protect JG and half way run block, it gives Helton more options and he's probably not the bonehead I and others have exclaimed from time to time. Those games gave me a lot of hope for him.

With the HC brother taking away Tee’s play calling any chance he comes after his brother to come back and make him the official OC?

no guarantee the BRO is back at USC.. Seriously doubt they pay him 1.2 million.

He ain't going anywhere because of the salary.. JMO

I've been kind of hard on Helton at times, but I saw him call a really good game vs. KY and Auburn. Just so happened those games were probably the best games the O Line played as well. If that O line can protect JG and half way run block, it gives Helton more options and he's probably not the bonehead I and others have exclaimed from time to time. Those games gave me a lot of hope for him.
That's what I have screamed all year are biggest problem is our O-Line, Helton is not doing terrible. As the O-Line gets better the play calling will look better, not that he hasn't made a few questionable calls but almost everyone does from time to time. Pruitt stays on all his assistants, so I have faith that he knows what he needs. I think Helton is going to do good here in time, people need to chill a little and give him a couple years before making kneejerk judgments based on our offense today. Our line and offense has truly been a work in progress all year but they keep on fighting, get behind the coaches and staff and let's win out. GBO!!!!

If he gets canned instead, Tee may be coming hat in hand to us...I think that would be amusing. Perhaps he could take a role like Butch's, a $35,000 per year "analyst" getting Pruitt's coffee.

Pure speculation on my part, but supposedly Tee's wife sees herself in the entertainment industry. Being high profile in LA is a tough gig to get and being on staff with the Trojan football program is pretty high profile. She'll fight to stay out there is my bet. Tee's got kids at the hs school and lower grades so the idea of leaving LA and the beach every weekend for moving to Rocky Top will not go over well with them. I suspect Tee will do everything he can to hang on the West coast in some capacity until his kids get out of school.

Helton didn't call one play or formulate one single gameplan at WKU. He was a glorified qb coach.

I still think he is a good coach. Learning on the job though.

"Helton has been a close confidant to Brohm on the offensive side of the ball. Brohm calls the plays as head coach, but Helton told Sports Illustrated's Campus Rush in September that Brohm decides on a call after a recommendation from him in the press box. " and if he was not involved, how was he a finalist for an OC award?

Reactions: dduncan4163
"Helton has been a close confidant to Brohm on the offensive side of the ball. Brohm calls the plays as head coach, but Helton told Sports Illustrated's Campus Rush in September that Brohm decides on a call after a recommendation from him in the press box. " and if he was not involved, how was he a finalist for an OC award?
There ya go.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Agree...100%. Nonetheless, I was pretty optimistic with ol' Todd when Coach Pru hired him...remembering the glowing reports about his WKU offenses. At our loss versus SCe, I watched (from mid-field) Helton's play-calling up close. Our guys being gassed in the fourth quarter caused the game-chicken's comeback. Helton made our terribly inadequate OL work...somehow/some way that night, but let's give those chickens credit for hanging tough and not folding like Auburn did the following week. Versus the barn and the kitties (as you prudently brought out, 737), he kept those guys off balance in those contests. I very, very, very much want Coach Helton to stay in Knoxville and, if Coach Pru does, as well, I'm guessing we've got this OC in Big Orange Country for at least a couple more years. Here's to hoping the Vols likewise befuddle mizzou. GBO!

VN Store

Back