Heather Harrington

Whether you like her contribution to the free mid-day radio program or not, I still think it’s messed to up start a thread just to talk sh*t. She probably makes a lot less than you’re imagining.
Please remember these radio folks are real people who probably read this stuff. They love the Vols and work a lot more than the few hours a day you hear them on the air.

Furthermore, I’ve got to question your standards if you don’t even like Josh Ward. That guy is major-market talent. I think his show with Swain will be phenomenal.

Major market talent?

That's laughable. He's the worst of all on all shows combined. I don't like to listen to him at all and he's not truly a fan of any UT sports and slams all the coaches and his takes are all hacks at the school. Seems more like a Bama fan. We win by 20 he says we should have won by 50. If he stuck with the script instead of going off it he might be tolerable.

And swain will be the one to pull listeners not Ward!

Major market talent?

That's laughable. He's the worst of all on all shows combined. I don't like to listen to him at all and he's not truly a fan of any UT sports and slams all the coaches and his takes are all hacks at the school. Seems more like a Bama fan. We win by 20 he says we should have won by 50. If he stuck with the script instead of going off it he might be tolerable.

And swain will be the one to pull listeners not Ward!
Stuck to the script? Boy, you literally know nothing about radio, do you?
Josh went to Farragut and has been a huge UT fan since he was a little kid. I would be willing to bet you just about anything that he will get Jimmy's job when he hangs up his cans.

Last edited:
Stuck to the script? Boy, you literally know nothing about radio, don't you?
Josh went to Farragut and has been a huge UT fan since he was a little kid. I would be willing to bet you just about anything that he will get Jimmy's job when he hangs up his cans.

Josh is that you?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Josh is that you?
Nope, but I had a radio career for a while before getting into what I'm doing now. I've had both Swain and Josh on the HOUSE OF SPORT Podcast.
But the point remains that even if these folks did all stink, it's sports talk in market 62. They're probably all underpaid for how much they work, and a lot of them are happy to do it just because they love the Vols. Can we not start threads just to talk trash about people that really might read this?

Nope, but I had a radio career for a while before getting into what I'm doing now. I've had both Swain and Josh on the HOUSE OF SPORT Podcast.
But the point remains that even if these folks did all stink, it's sports talk in market 62. They're probably all underpaid for how much they work, and a lot of them are happy to do it just because they love the Vols. Can we not start threads just to talk trash about people that really might read this?

You have turned this into a Josh Ward debate. I personally don't like listening to him. My right. But this thread is about Heather Harrington and not Ward. The two weakest links on the sports animal are these two. Tyler and Will, Erik and Brian, and Jimmy and John all do a fantastic job, but as I said these two are the ones you kick off the island and they can take Joel with them. My personal opinion sir respectfully.

Reactions: ButchPlz
I enjoy WNML and since Swain joined josh, the show got better. Heather Harrington's promo's since she isn't with the animal are still on the air. Listening to her on opening the app makes me wanna drive my truck into a tree.

How does she still have a job?

I enjoy WNML and since Swain joined josh, the show got better. Heather Harrington's promo's since she isn't with the animal are still on the air. Listening to her on opening the app makes me wanna drive my truck into a tree.

How does she still have a job?
Did she turn you down for a date? Embarrass you in front of your buddies? Did your mom catch you with her poster? If the sound of her voice causes you to want to harm yourself and your truck you need some help.....and BTW Swain is a much needed upgrade for the show.

This isn’t “market 62”. Sorry. And the only “major market talent” in the Knoxville market is McFly on WIMZ. Heather is probably making 60, which is about 10-15 less than the worthless and even less talented, Phil Williams.

This isn’t “market 62”. Sorry. And the only “major market talent” in the Knoxville market is McFly on WIMZ. Heather is probably making 60, which is about 10-15 less than the worthless and even less talented, Phil Williams.
My mistake. Knoxville is market 72...which makes my point even stronger. True Market | Radio Audience Ratings
If you think Phil Williams makes 75k, you're just not even close to knowing what you're talking about. I know for a fact that he made far more than that even 20 years ago.
Regardless, the point remains that the Heather Harrington hate goes too far on here.

My mistake. Knoxville is market 72...which makes my point even stronger. True Market | Radio Audience Ratings
If you think Phil Williams makes 75k, you're just not even close to knowing what you're talking about. I know for a fact that he made far more than that even 20 years ago.
Regardless, the point remains that the Heather Harrington hate goes too far on here.

He did make more than that. Then he was exposed. His guarantee shrank every year since Jim parked him for a year to sit out his non-compete. Since then his salary was slowly taken away. He may make more, today, but only from commissions of sales.

Go back to being a fan boy. You’re not a professional.

He did make more than that. Then he was exposed. His guarantee shrank every year since Jim parked him for a year to sit out his non-compete. Since then his salary was slowly taken away. He may make more, today, but only from commissions of sales.

Go back to being a fan boy. You’re not a professional.
Lol. What exactly are you getting at here? Are you trying to make the argument that the HH hate is deserved? Or are you just desperately trying to argue about something? You've derailed this conversation to now be about me when I was just trying to provide some perspective to the people bashing this girl for not being their favorite on-air personality.
I am curious though, what am I supposedly a fanboy of? The radio industry?

Did she turn you down for a date? Embarrass you in front of your buddies? Did your mom catch you with her poster? If the sound of her voice causes you to want to harm yourself and your truck you need some help.....and BTW Swain is a much needed upgrade for the show.

Funny

I only lived in Tennessee while I was at Ft Campbell. Never saw her play volley ball, I wouldn't know her if she was standing next to me. Only picture I've ever seen is her picture on knoxnews with her DUI photo. So that blows your theory out of the water. I hate to think how she kept her job because it wasn't her sports knowledge.

Driving my truck into a tree is a saying as is nails on a blackboard. I just can't stand her or her voice and to each it's on. She's your wife right?

Funny

I only lived in Tennessee while I was at Ft Campbell. Never saw her play volley ball, I wouldn't know her if she was standing next to me. Only picture I've ever seen is her picture on knoxnews with her DUI photo. So that blows your theory out of the water. I hate to think how she kept her job because it wasn't her sports knowledge.

Driving my truck into a tree is a saying as is nails on a blackboard. I just can't stand her or her voice and to each it's on. She's your wife right?
Not my wife, or any relation.
And to the voice irritating, I have empathy, I'm a close caption guy when Beth Mowins is announcing.....but then there's only one James Earl Jones and there's probably somebody that he irritates.

Reactions: VolunteerNut
Not my wife, or any relation.
And to the voice irritating, I have empathy, I'm a close caption guy when Beth Mowins is announcing.....but then there's only one James Earl Jones and there's probably somebody that he irritates.

Wish the app had cc lol, but I'm stuck listening to her when I open the app. Just not a fan. And point taken sir!

Reactions: Wireless1
Lol. What exactly are you getting at here? Are you trying to make the argument that the HH hate is deserved? Or are you just desperately trying to argue about something? You've derailed this conversation to now be about me when I was just trying to provide some perspective to the people bashing this girl for not being their favorite on-air personality.
I am curious though, what am I supposedly a fanboy of? The radio industry?

No. Just correcting all your inaccuracies.

Josh is a solid radio guy, he reminds me of Dave Nathan who could co-host or drive a show alone and not miss a beat.

VN Store

Back