Head coaching candidates...

Well there’s no chance of a change being made this year, but if one did happen this should be my list. Not that it differs from most people’s.

Luke Fickell-Has to be the first call
Matt Campbell-Would we pay his buyout this time?
Mario Cristobal- Probably a pipe dream, but I’d entertain it
Hugh Freeze- No way the university would sign off on his hiring, but clearly should be in the mix.

Luke Fickell...another Cinci coach...no thanks.
Matt Campbell...hasn't exactly torn it up at ISU
Mario Cristobal isn't leaving the ducks for UT. They have better looking cheerleaders.
Hugh Freeze...thy transgressions are forgiven...or at least overlooked/ignored by me. Just win, baby. He's the choice.

Reactions: TN1111
Luke Fickell...another Cinci coach...no thanks.
Matt Campbell...hasn't exactly torn it up at ISU
Mario Cristobal isn't leaving the ducks for UT. They have better looking cheerleaders.
Hugh Freeze...thy transgressions are forgiven...or at least overlooked/ignored by me. Just win, baby. He's the choice.
1. Another Cinncy coach? Well Fickell actually had to build the program back up, unlike Butch who just rode Brain Kelly’s coattails to the job.
2. It’s Iowa St, are you expecting championships? He’s obviously a damn good coach.
3. Right he’s probably not leaving, but you still have to make the call.
4. Freeze will never coach here.

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Freeze is the only coach on my radar...And he should be the ONLY one fans should be wanting...The man can flat out coach...His offense is exciting and he knows how to beat Saban...No other coach should even be in the mix or mentioned...NONE!

Reactions: VolRage and CAVPUT
Give Kiffin a 10 yr deal, with total control.
As long as we're in the playoffs once every 4 years I'm cool with it. Win SeC east 2 out of 4 years. That's what I want.

Give Kiffin a 10 yr deal, with total control.
As long as we're in the playoffs once every 4 years I'm cool with it. Win SeC east 2 out of 4 years. That's what I want.
I have no doubt that if Kiffin would have stayed at UT we would have won a few SEC titles by now and probably a natty or 2.

Reactions: jacvols
Why has no one wrote on the rock...as a fan base that's one way to be heard. Better hire freeze before Auburn and or cocky do!!!!

I have seen his name thrown out but wouldn’t cost a fortune and is basically kidding when it comes to offense. Sarkisian would be one of my first calls

I want one of these:

A young guy, real cocky with something like 5 wins on his resume.

Or

Son of a legend that coaches a small school and has a losing record

Or

Mid major coach that thinks his staff is the best staff in America. I'd also like him to use a lot of slogans, keep his best players on the bench and lie a lot

Or

A former Saban disciple that has never been a head coach and always acts like he has a mild concussion.
Or

A coach that pays players and has a propensity for hookers, that now coaches as a religious school.

Seriously, I want that last guy.

Would take Urban Mires over all of them right now. Everybody is talking about could be and wana be but only Urban is the proven coach with championships in two different power 5 conferences. The only issue with him is would he want to come back to the struggles of the SEC. It's a little tougher than when he was here last time.

We are not hiring a new head coach!!! This guy has 2 recruiting classes under his belt a d is still dealing with Butch Jones players. If you had expectations that we were gonna be a threat in the East this year then that’s your own fault.

Bro

Arkansas didn't win win an SEC game for two years and had 7 scholarship defensive linemen.

I guess we can wait for the most ideal perfect circumstances in 4 years and watch Pruitt win 9 games, but that really feels kind of pointless.

We will not change head coaches at least for 2-3 more years...have you not watched our coaching searches??? No one wants to come here

James Franklin will be out at Penn St after this season definitely a step up from cornbread.

Reactions: ugg
We are not hiring a new head coach!!! This guy has 2 recruiting classes under his belt a d is still dealing with Butch Jones players. If you had expectations that we were gonna be a threat in the East this year then that’s your own fault.
Bama Gump is out of his league as a head coach and it's time to move on. I don't get the sense he is enjoying being a head coach. There's no fire or sense of urgency to anything he does. Three years in and UT is regressing with Pruitt's players that he has signed. You can't get him to play the QBs he signed because he likes Butch's boy better and JG is not an SEC QB

CJP isn't going anywhere. Besides the buyout of his new contract, we would be shooting ourselves in the foot to let him go at this point. No reasonable coach would consider coaching at Tennessee. If not for Fulmer, Pruitt never would have given us a chance. You saw all the swing and misses we had in the last search. And we swung and missed the search before that before settling on Butch Jones. Kiffin burned us and left us in a bind. We had no choice but to settle on Dooley who did his own damage to the program before giving way to another search that netted us settling on Butch Jones. Friends of Pruitt tried to talk him out taking the Tennessee job due to the lack of talent and the "project" that he was going to be taking on by taking the job.

Obviously, something needs to change within the program. Pruitt will get the opportunity to move on completely from Butch Jones' players. I don't understand the loyalty to JG. Chaney has proven he can win with a freshman QB having done most recently with Eason and Fromm in back to back years at Georgia. He apparently also needs a better halftime speech. Winning or losing, adjustments have to be made at halftime.

Only time will tell, GBO

But fulmer needs to leave first. He never should've made the first hire. The guy was fired for having the game pass him by. And that was 15 years ago. So we let him be out of football all those years and then stroll in amd make a hire. My god were dumb
Fulmer was brought in during a dumpster fire. I think he will get another shot at a hire.

1. Urban Meyer (Will never happen, but his name needs to be mentioned.
2. Hugh Freeze
3. Luke Fickell
4. Tom Allen (Indiana Head Coach)

If all of these say no then I hope we reach out to Lane Kiffin with Tosh Lupoi as defensive coordinator. This combo would win championships.

VN Store

Back