Head coaching candidates...

We are not hiring a new head coach!!! This guy has 2 recruiting classes under his belt a d is still dealing with Butch Jones players. If you had expectations that we were gonna be a threat in the East this year then that’s your own fault.
True, but holy hell at the scat show last night.

We are not hiring a new head coach!!! This guy has 2 recruiting classes under his belt a d is still dealing with Butch Jones players. If you had expectations that we were gonna be a threat in the East this year then that’s your own fault.
Bro

Arkansas didn't win win an SEC game for two years and had 7 scholarship defensive linemen.

I guess we can wait for the most ideal perfect circumstances in 4 years and watch Pruitt win 9 games, but that really feels kind of pointless.

Also not sure what the hype is about Freeze anyway. He had a few good seasons at Ole Miss and was caught cheating...

His best record was 11-3. We were unhappy with Fulmer when he had 2 losses
..and fired him for two bad years. We would kill for a 6 win season right now

Not remotely true regarding Fulmer. He had an automatic raise/extension in his last contract that kicked in if he won 8 games. We would not "kill" for a 6 win season either. We won 8 last year and the coach got a two year extension.

This take defies logic and reality. Pruitt has 3 classes. Butch's players have been the best players on the team the last two years. Butch at this point in year three would beat this team by 3 touchdowns.

Ok so let’s see everyone’s list of potential candidates. Gruden, Meyer and Richt don’t count because they are retired.

Also not sure what the hype is about Freeze anyway. He had a few good seasons at Ole Miss and was caught cheating...

His best record was 11-3. We were unhappy with Fulmer when he had 2 losses
..and fired him for two bad years. We would kill for a 6 win season right now

Lol. Let’s be real. When Fulmer coached the SEC as a whole was weak. Freeze is one of only a handful of coaches that can claim multiple victories over Saban. What he has done at Liberty is amazing. They really just got into the big leagues and Freeze has them undefeated and in the top 25 for the first time in program history.

I'd love Urban. Just a proven winner. I'm so tired of this mediocre BS.

Hell, I’ll coach um up for 500k part yr. easy offense plan (just score, I don’t give a damn how). Defense plan. Line up and hit the guy in front of you.

The first thing is to determine why we always end up fishing in the bottom of the barrel. Is it overly involved alumni? Not paying enough? Something else?

Second, correct the first issue and make a commitment to hiring a top shelf replacement.

Maybe Urban, Stoops or Peterson would entertain a return to coaching. Maybe not, but put together a lucrative package and find out.

If not them, look for coaches who are doing more with less like Freeze, Campbell, etc. Those are the guys who can truly coach.

At the end of the day, Tennessee has the facilities and history to be successful. Money talks and BS walks.
Couldn’t agree more. It’s been a graveyard and will continue on this course until or if we can bring in a “top tier” coach with a resume!
TN facilities and fan base play second to very little other programs. It just needs to be given a chance. Throw big money out and stop wasting it on payouts of these unproven projects that we’ve found ourselves doing way too long.

If Freeze goes to South Carolina we a forever doomed. South Carolina or Auburn will tell the SEC office to go pound sand it‘s not their job to hire coaches, just like what happened with Bruce Pearl.

Last edited:
Ok so let’s see everyone’s list of potential candidates. Gruden, Meyer and Richt don’t count because they are retired.
Well there’s no chance of a change being made this year, but if one did happen this should be my list. Not that it differs from most people’s.

Luke Fickell-Has to be the first call
Matt Campbell-Would we pay his buyout this time?
Mario Cristobal- Probably a pipe dream, but I’d entertain it
Hugh Freeze- No way the university would sign off on his hiring, but clearly should be in the mix.

VN Store

Back