HBO's True Detective

Season two wasnt all that bad it just had to unfortunately follow season one. By itself id give it a 7/10. Compared to season one 3/10.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think I've ever been more enamored with a show than I was with season 1. Harrelson and McConaughey were at their very best, then you throw in Daddario...

Reactions: 1 person
Season two wasnt all that bad it just had to unfortunately follow season one. By itself id give it a 7/10. Compared to season one 3/10.

They probably should have taken off a few years before trying a Season 2. I thought Season 2 was pretty average by itself but coming so quickly after S1 made it seem really terrible.

I was bored and started rewatching season 1. I stand by my convictions, best show I’ve ever watched.

Two great actors.

I was bored and started rewatching season 1. I stand by my convictions, best show I’ve ever watched.

Two great actors.

It really was. The main story was secondary to the characters stories in importance..it is rare that it turns out to be dine so well.

The show creator wrote a book called Galveston that is now a movie on Amazon Prime if anyone is interested.

I've only watched the first of the two hours but that was an excellent premiere! The lead detective Hays(Mahershala Ali) was an LRRP, that's awesome. The corn husk dolls are creepy. I wonder if that's a throwback to the Yellow King in season 1?

It tied itself slightly into season 1 when the documentary director asked Wayne... "could the husk dolls be a possible pedophile ring symbol similar to the crooked spiral?"

Another minor call back to S1 -- Just like Rust, Wayne is a tracker, only hunts alone with a bow and never uses stands or bait bags.

We're getting the story from his point of view and we already know he has memory problems. He's mentioned his kids twice now at least and both times his son has acted frustrated or exasperated without giving us a reason yet.

My guess is something happened with his daughter we don't know about yet. He didn't have a daughter, she's been dead, or something bad happened he doesn't remember. Probably the wife too, and somehow it's related to this case.

The way the first two seasons have gone, I'm thinking maybe it has something to do with the go cart trash guy's Nam photo or the two people in episode 2 who spoke up at the meeting (man and woman) that said something that didn't have at all to do with the kids.

I thought these first two episodes were very good. Purely plot-wise, I liked these two eps as well as I did the first two eps of S1. Hart's and Cohle's characters will be difficult to top, but this one has potential for sure.

Agreed with TheDeeble about the daughter and the wife and something not being right.

Edit: and at first the dad says be home by 5:30 and then be home before the sun goes down, which leads me to think there's maybe something deeper and more sinister

VN Store

Back